3DXChat Community

Ignore?

Nitroo

Hey,

I have some questions about the ignore function. What excactly does it do?

Does it just mean, the ignored person can not message or cold me? Can the ignored person still see me?

Can I still message or see the ignored person?

Can I see in the menu just the users I ignore or also the users who ignore me?

Hello Nitroo,

When you select to ignore someone you'll be approached with 2 options.

1. To only ignore them contacting you. Meaning they can still see you but cannot PM you or see your text in the world and local chats and vice versa.

2. Full ignore. This is the same as above but they cannot see you or your profile as well and vice versa.

Edit: You can only see the users you have ignored in the ignore list.

Agree. But I didn't mean people who receive an iggy but send one. Not to defend themselves but to get rid of someone, to disappear for someone or to not have to talk to someone. For more emotional reasons like relation problems. Maybe to avoid/get out of drama or to create one. However, imo that's kinda sneaky and I would rather talk to the person.

Personally  I think the only thing that could cause some kind of drama here for me is when a person I know for a longer time and who is a good friend of mine suddenly disappears without a word and without a reason.

Agree. But I didn't mean people who receive an iggy but send one. Not to defend themselves but to get rid of someone, to disappear for someone or to not have to talk to someone. For more emotional reasons like relation problems. Maybe to avoid/get out of drama or to create one. However, imo that's kinda sneaky and I would rather talk to the person.

Personally  I think the only thing that could cause some kind of drama here for me is when a person I know for a longer time and who is a good friend of mine suddenly disappears without a word and without a reason.

Iggy is a personal decision. I have not to defend or explain why. The second part of your post is a complete different situation. Unfortunately I have experienced that too. I don't know if I would call it drama but it is hard to get the uncertainty out of your head. The worst case is if your love disappear - luckily I never experienced that.

Keeping yourself informed is the best thing to do....but sometimes.... It's better to ignore a few things....for example....all of us often tend to overlook an obnoxious behavior of a person in real life one or the other way. Afterall.... Ignorance is bliss... Is what they all say.

When it comes to game...you press the ignore button just to have that peace of mind....you wouldn't like to see a man jacking off at ya the moment you return from being afk (weird people... Weird kinks)...or perhaps you want to avoid any conflicts with a person in future considering the fact that there is a severe mismatch in thinking/mentality which goes against your liking....again... Iggy button is a mere tool of expressing your likes or dislikes...so it depends on the standards you have set rather than pressing 'iggy' on random people just for fun :P

Keeping yourself informed is the best thing to do....but sometimes.... It's better to ignore a few things....for example....all of us often tend to overlook an obnoxious behavior of a person in real life one or the other way. Afterall.... Ignorance is bliss... Is what they all say.

When it comes to game...you press the ignore button just to have that peace of mind....you wouldn't like to see a man jacking off at ya the moment you return from being afk (weird people... Weird kinks)...or perhaps you want to avoid any conflicts with a person in future considering the fact that there is a severe mismatch in thinking/mentality which goes against your liking....again... Iggy button is a mere tool of expressing your likes or dislikes...so it depends on the standards you have set rather than pressing 'iggy' on random people just for fun :P

I am testing a new mod right now "Blink To Iggy" ^^

/me is just kidding ;)

Keeping in mind the original question, the ignore system has for me a weak point.

if someone  ignore you, can you know it but you cannot decide to ignore him.

You need to have an active pm to ignore someone that has ignored you.

I do not like this because I can "accept" that someone ignores me, but I do not like the idea that he can remove me from his ignore list, look my profile, my gift, that I see him popping and disappearing, come in a room that I open  ... only based on his decision.

So my  2 cents :

1) Game should have the option to allow you to ignore someone that you know that has ignored you. (but it requires a game developpement so let's keep that for next century)

2) If you have the same thought that me : remember the right reflex that if someone has ignored you and that you still have a pm from him, use it before closing it to ignore him because this is the last chance you have to do so.

Keeping in mind the original question, the ignore system has for me a weak point.

if someone  ignore you, can you know it but you cannot decide to ignore him.

You need to have an active pm to ignore someone that has ignored you.

I do not like this because I can "accept" that someone ignores me, but I do not like the idea that he can remove me from his ignore list, look my profile, my gift, that I see him popping and disappearing, come in a room that I open  ... only based on his decision.

So my  2 cents :

1) Game should have the option to allow you to ignore someone that you know that has ignored you. (but it requires a game developpement so let's keep that for next century)

2) If you have the same thought that me : remember the right reflex that if someone has ignored you and that you still have a pm from him, use it before closing it to ignore him because this is the last change you have to do so.

Good point. Ignore back should always be possible.

• 5 years later...
On 6/4/2017 at 8:43 AM, Nitroo said:

Thank you very much Ashbash.

So it could happen that someone ignores me and I don't even know it?

I believe if they ignore you when you are currently playing you will receive a message, and if you happen to be offline when they ignore you, you will not receive any message.

If it happened to you when you were offline, then it is someone that had you on their friend list, because that is the only way they could have done it. Members can't be reached when they are offline, unless they are on someone's friend list, then they will receive an offline message and be able to read it when logged in.

6 hours ago, Kaitlyn1989 said:

Agree with @MissD... no message sent. But didn't know i could see peeps who Iggy'd ME 😳.

Is it part of the same list? Somewhere else? Am i totes missing it? Or am i on nobody's IGGY? 

That would be embarrassing. 🙃

Only if you have a pm or gc open where they are in and you can click "show profile" or you "gift stalk" and find them through other peoples gifts 😋

On 3/23/2023 at 12:27 PM, SerenityWillow said:

I believe if they ignore you when you are currently playing you will receive a message, and if you happen to be offline when they ignore you, you will not receive any message.

You only will receive a message if you are in the room hosted by a person who is ignoring you. You will be kicked out of it. In all other cases you will not receive any kind of message if person ignores you, unless you open their profile.

On 3/23/2023 at 12:27 PM, SerenityWillow said:

If it happened to you when you were offline, then it is someone that had you on their friend list, because that is the only way they could have done it.

Nope, it's not the only way. They could open your profile through the gifts, and it does not even have to be your gifts to them. They simply can find someone who has a gift from you and get to your profile through a link from the gift. 

It also possible that you were talking with them and went offline but they could be online for many hours and still have chat tab with you open - this way they also can iggy you even if you already offline for hours. 

• 5 months later...