3DXChat Community

3dx Haiku ♡

Caren

• 7 months later...

He moves my heart beats

He gives me reasons to breathe and smile

He is my whole World

I have written many forms of poetry. True Japanese Haiku is stated to contain these elements :

Haiku (俳句) About this sound listen (help·info) (plural haiku) is a very short form of Japanese poetry. It is typically characterized by three qualities: The essence of haiku is "cutting" (kiru). This is often represented by the juxtaposition of two images or ideas and a kireji ("cutting word") between them, a kind of verbal .

Haiku poems consist of 3 lines. The first and last lines of a Haiku have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables. The lines rarely rhyme. Because Haikus are such short poems, they are usually written about things that are recognizable to the reader.   In Japanese, yes, haiku is indeed traditionally 5-7-5. But 5-7-5 what? ... For example, the word “haiku” itself counts as two syllables in English (hi-ku), but three sounds in Japanese (ha-i-ku). This isn't how “haiku” is said in Japanese, but it is how its sounds are counted.

(And Now you know the whole story *grins* Not like you wanted to know but hey. A little knowledge goes a long long way )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...