3DXChat Community

Favourite Book series

Bubbles89

"The Malazan book of the fallen" I a really good dark fantasy series! 10 novels, I'm on the second so far!

This is the last fantasy book series you truly can enjoy, from this point everything else is nothing.

This is the last fantasy book series you truly can enjoy, from this point everything else is nothing.

Awesome series, and all based on stuff created for a GURPS campaign apparently. Similar style to black company series by Glen Cook and song of ice and fire but I think this epic series is better.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend all volumes of Clive Barker's "Books of blood". Not for people who are easily grossed out. He's by far my favourite author and i could recommend ANYTHING by him :D

Ps. if you specifically check out "books of blood" avoid the movie AT ALL COSTS!!!

I recommend all volumes of Clive Barker's "Books of blood". Not for people who are easily grossed out. He's by far my favourite author and i could recommend ANYTHING by him :D

Ps. if you specifically check out "books of blood" avoid the movie AT ALL COSTS!!!

I say the same for Night Breed. lol :)

I say the same for Night Breed. lol :)

My god, yes! Stay away from Nightbreed and go read his "Cabel" novella instead lmao!

Sliiiiightly off topic but: If you like Classic videogames, check out Clive barker's undying ^_- amazing game :P

Ugh, too many to choose from...

So here is a "few" I guess... Most of them are trilogies, but it's sort of a series!

Fantasy/Medieval books(my personal favorite):

1. Riyria Revelations by Michael J. Sullivan (3 books + Prequels). You follow two cunning thief's in their adventure against the empire and other dangers that faces them and their friends.

VERY recommended if you like medieval stories with a little magic involvement!

2. The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie (6 books). You follow a small series of characters through their humorous and violent escapades as they travel the world and faces dangers like no others, from both foreign politics and a pesky wizard!

Also HIGHLY recommended if you are into books with a lot of gore and violence, it also contains love and drugs, so you know... There is that.

3. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (3 books). You follow Locke Lamora an orphan and thief with an unknown past. You can't help but love the stories as you grow up with him and his friends!

also very recommended if you like it a little fast paced at times, but very little plot holes! Well written book.

4. The spirit Thief by Rachel Aaron (3 books) You follow two characters that have the ability to talk to spirits in living things and objects, as well as a demon and a fierce warrior. Very interesting, although a little lack luster at the end. 

But over all enjoyable!

5. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (3 books). Magic, action, ghosts oh my! Highly recommended books with lots of action, plots and interesting people! Sucks you straight in!

6. Game of Thrones (5 books on going). You all know what it is... Book is better than the series, more information, more characters. But over all the series is a better experience. The books is more drawn out, but has a nice flow, but lacks a lot in places, and you would never think, that such a brilliant producer could write such a shoddy book. Yeah, I get mixed feelings about it.. Deal with it.

7. Where would we be without talking about: The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss (2 books, will be 3, they are huge): You follow a snarky in your face guy who is constantly getting himself into trouble. Follow Kvothe as he struggles through classes and the constant challenge of being poor and constantly getting used by others. It's a thrilling, magical adventure! You will love it, it has many funny characters, and his writing style is lighthearted and humorous. And when you read it, you will be telling your friends about it! 9/10 ONE thing was drawn out. Other than that, it's all golden! When you read it, you will know.

Onto our my next subjects!

ZOMBIES! AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! and other war books. Mostly apocalyptic sci-fi books!

1. Zombie Fallout and Indian Hill by Mark Tufo (7+4 books, Indian Hill is on going): BRILLIANT books, fucking hysterical! Follow Mike Talbot as he lies and cheats his way out of death by either zombies, vampires, aliens or his wife. With his constantly sarcastic remarks and his inability to create a brain-mouth filter, he gets into more trouble than any man should be able to get himself in. Highly, HIGHLY recommended if you like zombies or alien books! It's like a constant stand up! Which might make you cry a couple of times. Love it 11/10!

2. The Morning Strain books by Z. A. Recht(3 books). You follow a platoon in a post apocalyptic word as they strive to find a cure, but ultimately to survive. It's funny, tragic and highly addictive, sadly the author died in a crash halfway through the last book. But his brother and family helped finish it, and did a very good job of it.

3. Day by Day Armageddon by J L. Bourne(3 books ongoing?). You are reading the journal of an unknown man, often referred to as "KillRoy". He write about the events of that day, and tell you everything in his mind, from the moment of the outbreak to that one moment he took a poop in a can... It's not a funny book, nor is it tragic. It's interesting, and cool, and I would recommend buying it, to support the soldier who actually wrote this.

Honorable mentions, modern day fantasy!

The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne!(7 book ongoing) Hoooooly shit, is this a good series, might rival KingKiller chronicles from my favorite books! You follow an ancient druid who has found the key to stay young, he is now 2100years old, and he wanders the plane of the modern man. His encounters with deities and ancient gods as he much as Talbot, get's into constant troubles, and his actions always has consequences, and no matter where he sits, it's bound to piss one god off... Highly recommended, it's also tremendously funny, and action packed as all hell. I love it, you will love it. 

Other than those I have about 100 books more, but these are a few of my favorites, of course there are more, but hey, I can only write so much!

Clive Barker's Undying is by far the fucking best and immersive FPS I played in my life!! So close to Vampire Masquearde - Bloodlines (immersiveness wise)...amazing. :wub:

• 9 months later...
Guest AleksXXX

STAR WARS Series

Game Of Thrones 

Wheel Of Time

Sword Of Truth Series

Still Living With  The Crows

Stillifewithcrows-book.JPG

Guest AleksXXX

STAR WARS Series

Game Of Thrones 

Wheel Of Time

Sword Of Truth Series

Still Life With  The Crows

Stillifewithcrows-book.JPG

A little part of my favorite books

Omg... It's hard to pick one series that I've read that's my favorite so I'll give you three in no particular order...

The Black Company series by Glen Cook...

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson.

It's not really a series... but the Realm of the Elderlings books by Robin Hobb. There's like... 3+3+3+4+1+1= 15 books and a collection of short stories with another novel coming out in August that are linked in the same world.

I like some of Brandon Sanderson's other series... but a lot most of them are still being built and I won't put them in my list until they've been fleshed out further.

• 3 weeks later...

Sheesh, I love to read but don't always make enough time for it. I also read pretty much anything and am easily entertained, so don't throw stuff at me.

My faves of the last few years...love anything by R.R. Martin, the Song of Fire and Ice is awesome, I enjoyed the Hunger Games, Feed/Blackout/Deadline, and Wool/Shift/Dust trilogies big time. I fell in love with the Ex-Heroes and Wearing the Cape serieses too. Uhm...loved Tolkein's books, the Narnia books, the Shannara books, and the Dragonlance books once upon a time. Eh...will stop here cause I'm rambling.

Guest AleksXXX

Sheesh, I love to read but don't always make enough time for it. I also read pretty much anything and am easily entertained, so don't throw stuff at me.

My faves of the last few years...love anything by R.R. Martin, the Song of Fire and Ice is awesome, I enjoyed the Hunger Games, Feed/Blackout/Deadline, and Wool/Shift/Dust trilogies big time. I fell in love with the Ex-Heroes and Wearing the Cape serieses too. Uhm...loved Tolkein's books, the Narnia books, the Shannara books, and the Dragonlance books once upon a time. Eh...will stop here cause I'm rambling.

Fantasy Fan.I like your choices of books.They are interesting to read.  Sword of Truth is interesting series of books.You can give them a try.may be you will like them too? :)

The first full 3+ book series I ever read was the Dragonlance Chronicles, so they have a special place in my heart.

DragonsofAutumnTwilight_1984original.jpg

I've also read almost everything that featured Drizzt Do'Urden in the Forgotten Realms universe.

987c7ead76.jpg

I really liked the 'Heir to the Empire' Star Wars books by Timothy Zahn.

220px-HeirToTheEmpire.jpg

And for anyone that was a fan of the Dexter Showtime series, the books were even better!!

$(KGrHqRHJDoFGqnOouU)BRvv!oery!~~60_57.J