3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.5 beta Bug Tracker

Gizmo

Hello.

Lately I been experiencing crashes in the sin club. I get error message if i am in Sin Club for a longer time.  Let's say 2 hours +. It always freezes and falls.

From what I spoke to people, I am not only person who gets these crashes.

Rochi was looking into this but she is in vacation and according to her it always tried to find some bugged character and caused the crash. But she won't be back for a week or more.

So perhaps devs could look into this as sin is my favorite zone and having to rejoin it every now and then to not crash is certainly annoying.

PS.
It's not my computer since I am playing MMOs on other screen most of the time and they run well. Without any hiccups and this is only the Sin club not beach or any other more intensive zone.

Thank you.

Still more crashes. Seems like a memory leak which is pretty severe and happens, possibly, based on amount of people in or passing through the room. Can crash at any point between 90 minutes to 5-6 hours. Something that really should be fixed as even a RP session can easily be 5-6 hours, or potentially even more, for some of us.

2017-07-14_233204.zip

2017-07-15_134254.zip

2017-07-15_161922.zip

Still more crashes. Seems like a memory leak which is pretty severe and happens, possibly, based on amount of people in or passing through the room. Can crash at any point between 90 minutes to 5-6 hours. Something that really should be fixed as even a RP session can easily be 5-6 hours, or potentially even more, for some of us.

In your logs you have:

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/3DXChat2.5/3DXChat_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

This indicates there is some discrepancy in the serialization layout (i.e. your serialized file doesn't match the code class layout), meaning either some of your game files are broken, or you're using an incorrect patched .dll (older version?).

This kind of error may lead to undefined behavior since Unity fails to deserialize some objects. May also cause memory leaks, which seems to be the cause of your crash ("Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!").

In your logs you have:

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/3DXChat2.5/3DXChat_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

This indicates there is some discrepancy in the serialization layout (i.e. your serialized file doesn't match the code class layout), meaning either some of your game files are broken, or you're using an incorrect patched .dll (older version?).

This kind of error may lead to undefined behavior since Unity fails to deserialize some objects. May also cause memory leaks, which seems to be the cause of your crash ("Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!").

I did do a fresh install of the game when the 365 patch came out, though I did it with the 363 installer, maybe something got corrupted during the patching? Same when I had the crashes during 364, that was also after a fresh install from the 363 installer.

I downloaded the 365 installer now at least, so will see if that helps in that case. (Also found it strange that the 365 installer defaulted to installing in C:\Games\3DXChat and not in Program Files as before)

I did do a fresh install of the game when the 365 patch came out, though I did it with the 363 installer, maybe something got corrupted during the patching? Same when I had the crashes during 364, that was also after a fresh install from the 363 installer.

I downloaded the 365 installer now at least, so will see if that helps in that case. (Also found it strange that the 365 installer defaulted to installing in C:\Games\3DXChat and not in Program Files as before)

It's not you Elishi.

I have same crashes, regardless if I do clean install with or without roro's DLL.

0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [1769 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Based on this part of my error logs it seems the game just stops acknowledging that there is any RAM or other memory installed on my system. The final line also seems to signify that there is a null pointer access happening, which seems to be a common issue with games under the Unity engine. The extra stupid part of all this though is that these crashes never happened to me until patch 364, which supposedly has "stability and bug fixes". So much for stability fixes when you introduce a bug that causes the entire client to crash though...

This is the weird way of Unity showing it ran out of memory (it's a 32 bit exe so it can only use about 3Gb).

I also seem to have crashes every now and then, but I can't be sure if it's my stuff or the client itself. There seems to be some not-persistent memory leak which I can't pinpoint, and I think it gets worse when the server is acting laggy and causes timeout errors, but that may be a coincidence. Hard to tell without an access to the profiler.

Well, it should still show that I actually have some memory installed though, shouldn't it? According to all the crash logs it just says I have 0 physical memory -and- 0 free memory. Based on most of the other Unity game related crash reports I can find it at least seems to recognize that there is some free memory left.

Memory usage in task manager peaks at about 1600 mb for in 3DX, though generally before the crashes it seems to drop to somewhere between 1000 and 1200, so it's not like it's using up all the RAM it has available either. And again, these crashes happening for me at all ONLY started happening after patch 364 which was the supposed stability and bug fix patch, so it seems likely something was introduced during that that causes all of these crashes to happen for me at least.

I think 3dx client has always returned 0 memory for me on crashes ))

Hmm, all crashes so far seem to have happened in PhysX, but mine were only when it got close to 3Gb memory consumption so I thought it's not the real cause. No idea what can be causing PhysX to break, there are certainly no changes in code that are in any way related to physics, or anything that could produce memory leaks (compared to 364). They may have changed some shaders which can also lead to leaks and crashes if there are bugs in them, but I doubt they would crash PhysX. Can be Unity bug (there is a number of them related to PhysX), but Unity's version hasn't changed since 364.

Well, did anything change between 363 and 364 then? 363 did not have these crashes, but after the 364 patch, the patch that was supposed to bring stability fixes, (and now in 365) these crashes have happened and keep happening.

The fact that my memory usage is at about 1200 MB or so when 3DX crashes seems to indicate a fault in how the game uses the memory rather than a pure memory leak as such though or? I would have assumed a memory leak would cause it to completely run out of memory which would have to make it spike from 1200 MB to past what I have available in an instant so fast I don't see it happening in the task manager in that case.

If they are related to PhysX would that mean that it could be caused by the Nvidia drivers?

Based on the output log this is what seems to happen when it crashes

DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 2147483648.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 2 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 2147483648.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 3 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 2147483648.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 4 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 2147483648.
DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 2147483648!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 2147483648B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: Physics
Allocation happend at: Line:168 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 1379971012B | peak: 0B | reserved: 1457855752B
[ ALLOC_TEMP_JOB ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 6291456B
[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 26901048B | peak: 0B | reserved: 37748736B
[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 449096B | peak: 0B | reserved: 10485760B
[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 348104B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B
[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B
[ ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD ] used: 32768B | peak: 0B | reserved: 3276800B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 2147483648B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: Physics
Allocation happend at: Line:168 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 1379971012B | peak: 0B | reserved: 1457855752B
[ ALLOC_TEMP_JOB ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 6291456B
[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 26901048B | peak: 0B | reserved: 37748736B
[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 449096B | peak: 0B | reserved: 10485760B
[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 348104B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B
[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B
[ ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD ] used: 32768B | peak: 0B | reserved: 3276800B

(Filename:  Line: 999)

User allocator returned NULL.

(Filename: ..\..\foundation\src\PsFoundation.cpp Line: 240)

Crash!!!

Which seems to be the game having a null pointer access to me.

(Though I have no real knowledge of coding or how Unity works)

I don't think so, 363 -> 364 was literally, like, 10 lines of code changed in total.

There are of course a lot of changes that can be made to game objects in Unity which has nothing to do with code.

This may actually be related to some bug in Unity (or the VR plugin), there is a number of physics related issues on Unity's site that have been reported for versions 5.5.x–5.6.x and have been fixed since (3dxChat still uses v5.5.4p1 while the most recent is 2017.1).

Could not get memory for large allocation 2147483648!

Also, I don't think the heap suddenly requesting additional 2Gb of memory is something normal  :rolleyes:

Definitely not, but that would attest to some coding error, no? That would be the most sudden memory leak I've ever experienced in any program at least if it suddenly decides it needs -that- much out of the blue.

Whatever it is it seems to have been something happening in the 364 patch at least. Don't want to speak for the others it's happening to, but I'm pretty sure we all started getting this exact same crash behavior after that patch, while we never had it in 363 or before.

If that is the case then the game should definitely be either rolled back to the same engine version as 363 (no idea if that is possible or not), or they should make sure that it's upgraded to a more recent one where this bug/crash doesn't occur.

My avatar's eyelashes keep getting reset to a light blonde color making me look kinda freaky.    It was fine when the room first loaded (I have a photo) but after partnering and using a pose they went blonde.

I wish I got a better picture, but this is the only one that shows my eyelashes, haha

5pLw0gB.png

My avatar's eyelashes keep getting reset to a light blonde color making me look kinda freaky. It was fine when the room first loaded (I have a photo) but after partnering and using a pose they went blonde.

I wish I got a better picture, but this is the only one that shows my eyelashes, haha

5pLw0gB.png

This is like the girls on Instagram but on a new level.

"Look at my cute smile." - Aims the camera to her huge cleavage.

But you? "Look at my eyelashes." - BOOM! Fucking a girl.

Well played.

I am also having the same issue

Repeated crashing and when I try to reconnect I am still in crashed mode. Sometimes I come into public with no hair and clothing (not by choice) and totally blackened outskin. Is there a fix to this bug?

ok, i'm in game since a few weeks, and I tested most of the problems ppl have here and must declare...

I Have No Problems at all... ^_^ 

Only minor Graphics bugs with the shadows, that may be easy fixed adjusting the "ambient oclusion" in the graphic settings... but hell, I keep playing maximum.

The Only Thing I Must report for sure, is the "MOANING BUG", is a big turn off to be deaf at the moanings of your partner, sounds really low even adjusting the music to the minimum... -_- 

I Know ppl in the past complained about the sounds of the moaning in public areas, and may be pretty annoying if you only wanna chill out, so i think the best course of action here is..

to create a "moaning sound bar" to allow everyone to adjust that particular sound to their prefernce, and finally may have our "noisy manings" for the ones who likes to make scandal... :P 

Please just fix it... ;) 

Kisses