3DXChat Community

Oculus rift support?

Lovers

Hi, I am new here, not yet got 3dxchat as I have been watching for some time awaiting oculus rift support?

It appears there is now a patch 362# that apparently supports oculus rift CV1? but this is not on the 3dxChat website, it only says DK1 support?

I have scoured the forum, but there doesn't appear to be any talk about the oculus patch?

Can anyone tell me if Oculus CV1 is supported? Anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance.

I tried it with my cv1, but I haven't been able to get this to work. I think oculus users will be supported in the next patch whenever that comes..

OK thanks, maybe they should put a note in "Announcements" "Patch 362" to indicate this?

I nearly signed up thinking it was now available, I would have been very cross if it wasn't available after paying.

I totally think you should still sign up. People here are awesome. Well some of them... maybe.

In any case I'll test on mine when the patch is out.

Thanks, I will keep watching for when and if 3dxchat eventually support oculus CV1. I have been watching and noting the promises since before even the CV1 was introduced. Its only a matter of time until someone does  :)

Just a point, I have read some posts making the observation that oculus/vive are still a niche market, but that is still millions and millions of people and growing.

There is no social sex VR apps yet, so even a small percentage of this "niche" headset market is still huge for the first to launch. When the market is large the competition will be fierce and hard to capture once the novelty has disipated.

3dchat would do well to launch VR before "Sansar" (Second life VR) launches, because that has obvious opporunities for competition for VR social sex. Better if it is considered that Sansar is following 3dxchat rather than the other way around  :)

It does seem to me that release is imminent. There seems to be more activity and small attempts to inform and engage more with the community. It may be wishful thinking on my part... but I think and hope it's next couple of weeks.

In terms of the comments you make... I kind of both agree and disagree. Although I do have an Oculus... and I get that being able to support it would be a big thing and a draw to VR players.... I know not many people have them.... and this game kind of needed a bunch of stuff as more of a priority.

I'm looking forward to it myself, but we could have used a bunch of things more than VR support.

but we could have used a bunch of things more than VR support.

I hope they do release soon, but with VR, being new people would be a lot more forgiving of something just released than they are of something that has been out for many years.

Point is, if VR was released a lot of interest could be generated. A lot more interest = a lot more money = a lot more developement all around  :)

I suppose I want to be involved rather than just watching others. Even though I can have an avatar, it still feels as if its someone else. I make this observation from other non VR apps I have used  :)

If XGold was worth $0.0020 US, I would soon be able to find the $499 US it costs to buy one.

I agree oculus/vive and a powerful PC, to run it, is expensive. But a developer should consider that those buying a headset are pretty well purchasing all the limited titles up en masse. When you have made a substantial investment you want stuff to use with it  :)

When the price drops and the market is flooded with titles the percentage of VR users may have increased, but not necessarily increasing the custom to the new titles that will swamp the market. Nows the time to create a name that can be maintained rather than trying to create a name amongst a flooded market  :)

what they should have done is maybe bundle the clothes, poses and some stuff and released it first. that would have gave them some time to do the VR stuff without people  bitching about something new. 

Yes sounds like a good idea  :)

The thing is, those wanting developement should maybe consider that new clothes, poses, etc would probably have limited impact (at least initially) on tempting new members. VR (handled right) could attract many new members. Many new members (extra money) could give the developers an incentive for many new developements  ;)

Doubt the developers/owners of 3dxchat actually read this forum but I feel as if they are missing a huge business opportunity here.

Imagine if they offered a free 3dxchat version, without sex, so it could be added to Oculus home/steam/etc, the exposure would be game changing for the sexual version. People meeting up in the free version would most probably move on to the X version (human nature) when they want to take things further (wink wink).

The graphics of 3dxchat are much better than any of the present social meeting apps presently available  :)

I ever dreamed of colder wearing those nasty VR glasses... and no a virtual keyboard is not a replacement for communication. Maybe it is enough to ask: wanna fuck?!

A point, "nasty VR galsses" would be as well as, not instead of the, present status quo. Increasing the custom base will lead to more "clothes, poses and stuff" not less.

A virtual keyboard would be imperitive for "nasty VR glasses" as the actual keyboard is hard to use when wearing the headset.

Note fans of 2D 3dxchat can also enjoy a headset. Besides the obvious advantage of being totally emerged in 3dxchat with a VR headset the screen can be made massive.

Try watching a film in a VR headset, with various apps the screen can be cinema size and I believe the option to ask "wanna fuck" will still be available  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it with my cv1, but I haven't been able to get this to work. I think oculus users will be supported in the next patch whenever that comes..

Hi again janaX. Does the virtual keyboard work? Even if there isn't VR yet I still might use 3DXCHAT if the virtual keyboard works.

Point is I don't want to watch on my small PC screen, but if the virtual screen works I can watch 3DXCHAT on a huge cinema screen with "virtual desktop" if I wear my oculus rift. But if I wear the oculus rift I would need the virtual keyboard because I won't be able to see my PC keyboard.

Thanks for any response from you or anyone else that has an answer  :)

PS, if Lisa is reading this, maybe a note should be put in annoucements stating VR is not implemented yet? It is a bit unfair to state that VR has been implemented when it hasn't  :(

I couldn't answer in the relevant thread as its closed, but the thread "Patch 362#" states ......

- Unity Engine version updated to Unity 5.5;
- Blurry text has been corrected;
- Decorations of the Character Editor has been changed to a cozy styled room in a loft;
- Added a lot of pairs of shoes;
- Added new props and surfaces in the Home Editor;
- Support for virtual reality for the new generation of devices.

In VR mode we have implemented UI support, Gamepad support and Virtual Keyboard support. You can write in the chat and view the gallery without needing to remove the VR headset.
In developing VR and the Gamepad support we have focused up on the Oculus Rift CV1 and the Xbox Gamepad first.

It is unfair if someone signs up and the claims are incorrect, as they appear to be  <_< 

I just tried the rift and the new beta..... honestly.... the virtual keyboard.... using a rift... you sort of have to look at the key you want... then press on the controller.... takes... forever to type the simplest of messages....

It... works... in the new beta.... but.... problems.... will post later some more comments.

I just tried the rift and the new beta..... honestly.... the virtual keyboard.... using a rift... you sort of have to look at the key you want... then press on the controller.... takes... forever to type the simplest of messages....

It... works... in the new beta.... but.... problems.... will post later some more comments.

Thanks for taking the time to try it out.  :)

I just await the day when this or a similar program has rift plus touch support.

I bought the VR kanojo app which has rift and touch support and although I would not reccommend anyone buying it now, as it has a very short story line and a single scene, it shows what could be with the right program  ;)

What I think a lot of the VR skeptics miss about VR is that it not only puts you in the virtual scene, when "Touch" is properly catered for your hands are in the virtual reality and you can touch and interact with objects and people. With VR Kanojo you can carress the girls hair etc. and lift her dress, undo he bra. As I say although it is very realistic, it is still very limited. However do something like this with a social community app like 3DXChat, the possibilities are endless  :)

Slightly off topic:

tried yesterday to make it work with my HTC Vive using the Revive compat layer, unfortunately to no avail.

Not complaining, because the Vive is out of the devs' scope for now, still a pity ...

I agree, VR can do magic for a game like this, but only if properly implemented and supported by for the major VR devices.

but only if properly implemented and supported by for the major VR devices.

Yes I agree. Not holding out too much confidence in this first attempt, but hopefully they will improve, especially introducing "Touch". I shouldn't think the "Vive" will be far behind the rift version as there shouldn't be much extra work and it would double the market  :)

Slightly off topic:

tried yesterday to make it work with my HTC Vive using the Revive compat layer, unfortunately to no avail.

Not complaining, because the Vive is out of the devs' scope for now, still a pity ...

I agree, VR can do magic for a game like this, but only if properly implemented and supported by for the major VR devices.

I managed to get it working with latest version of Revive.

Does the latest version of Revive work with 3DXChat VR? Has anyone tried it already?

I would be great if the native Oculus version would be functional. At the moment it is a tech demo at best.