3DXChat Community

Sending PM

Guest brasko

• 1 month later...

Just my lone opinion :P

I like the fact that we need to go face to face to open the private chat, sometimes i might not want to be found, especially when i'm afk in my apartment and all my friends might not know about it!

I don't like phone calls and text messages that much in real life, and sometimes decide to ignore them, but i also don't like being rude, so.. not being able to open private with me while i'm busy and hiding makes it easier not to seem rude.

Though i understand there's no one who agrees with me and ill deal with the ability when we get it xP

And yes this is requested all over and even recognized by gizmo lately :)

Just my lone opinion :P

I like the fact that we need to go face to face to open the private chat, sometimes i might not want to be found, especially when i'm afk in my apartment and all my friends might not know about it!

I don't like phone calls and text messages that much in real life, and sometimes decide to ignore them, but i also don't like being rude, so.. not being able to open private with me while i'm busy and hiding makes it easier not to seem rude.

Though i understand there's no one who agrees with me and ill deal with the ability when we get it xP

And yes this is requested all over and even recognized by gizmo lately :)

I agree with you, people need to meet each other face to face, and also agree with the fact that sometimes we have to hide, for different reasons. :)

bob-esponja-ok.gif

I totally agree, and while I do hope they add the "PM from FL" feature, at the same time, I hope they add a "Refuse all PMs" feature, too.

Refuse all PMs sounds good, but i would also like having some kind of status like "Online" "Away" "Busy" and "Offline". Im not sure if i support the ability of being able to set your status offline while actually online, but some might :)

Nope Rorochiro.

Away, Busy, DND all fine but invisible or "faking offline" no that leads to trouble. There's enough problems with alts and second accounts already.

DND or Busy can work to refuse PM we don't need more hiding in this game. Don't want to be "visible" don't log. 

I am sure people will disagree with me but I saw enough lies around here to know that this would lead to even more problems.

Can you give 1 good reason why looking invisible or offline would be good for this game? if "busy" or "DND" would block incoming PMs or hold them until you change status.

I am sure people will disagree with me but I saw enough lies around here to know that this would lead to even more problems.

How do we know you are telling the truth? :P Of course, I am only half joking. Lies, like the truth, are not absolute. And I've seen enough negativity around here to know that nay-saying is the enemy of problem-solving. 

Can you give 1 good reason why looking invisible or offline would be good for this game? if "busy" or "DND" would block incoming PMs or hold them until you change status.

It's called "privacy" and it means that individuals don't have to be seen if they don't want to be seen.  You seem to feel that a person who sets their status to offline when they are actually online is being deceitful. But I would counter that a person who suspects that someone showing as offline is actually online is being unreasonably suspicious and is invading that someone's privacy.

Anyway, like everything else, some people will use it and some people will abuse it. If eliminating abuse is the goal, we might as well shut down the server and hide in our closets.

One other point I would like to see discussed, however, is what happens when a message is not delivered. I would like to see the system return a "Message not delivered" notification for PMs and leave it at that. In fact, I think the system could use that right now. 

Good to see i'm not the only one thinking that...  ^_^

I prefer the actual system which mean that going face-to-face to open a PM with someone.

I understand people want adding this possibilities, i'm not without heart and I also experienced this feeling of not being able to talk to someone that was not seen for a while and want to talk to see how is he/she.  :unsure:

But we must accept privacy of each other. We are all differents, we have our own behaviour in this game, we have our good and bad moments and sometimes we want have some privacy (whatever the personal reasons)

Sometimes we are busy for "different" reasons too... (what do you think kinky people ? i'm just talking about home or character customization... who say I'm not credible ?? :P )

This has nothing to do with lies, been rude, avoid or offend someone, it's just about ourselves. 

I hope my friends will not be offend if they don't see me even if i'm connected, i'm sure they understand because they know me a little and they accept all my faults (I am what I am).

If i'm in a privacy moment I prefer not to be disturbed rather than having to ignore the messages that I'll receive.

I'm always try to be nice and friendly but i'm pretty sure I would feel bad and a little rough having to ignore some people I like. :(  

That's one of the reasons i don't want this system change (I know it's a little selfish).

The other reason that i prefer stay with this actual way, is that i think it can be a little "dangerous" (the word is too strong but i don't found another one in english) and this could add an option for some people to be able to harass other. :angry:

I'm scared that it changes a little the atmosphere of this world. I understand it will not stop harrasment here but do not give another chance to allow that to increases.

I know many people are not like this and just want this option for good reasons but that was just my opinion.  ;)

Don't forget, the forum has a mail system and we can use it to communicate with someone too (even if all players are not registred here)

It's not the same that meet on the game but it's just another way if you really want to talk to someone...  :)

PS : sorry for my poor English.

Refuse all PMs sounds good, but i would also like having some kind of status like "Online" "Away" "Busy" and "Offline". Im not sure if i support the ability of being able to set your status offline while actually online, but some might :)

Please implement this when friends list PM system is done. It is a must imo.

That is if dev is working on it of course...*glares at dev team*