3DXChat Community

Want to become a DJ?

Gizmo

In my opinion it´s the responsibility and task of game developers and company to deliver full game experience for their user

and not the job of a paying costumer to provide said game comfort with no incentive or benefit at all.

Demanding full legal content and broadcasting licenses as well as using channels at their own discretion but not putting any effort into it?

Its your, pardon my language, goddammit obligation to keep your game interesting and worth playing and enough "exciting" to pay for it , NOT ours.

Even if it is just a "sex-game", never underestimate the importance of the socializing factor in it.

So get your shi* together and get to work for a start, not passing on YOUR duty.

I would advise people not to fall down the rabbit hole. For starters, you are being asked to complete an agreement that absolves them of any liability. We know that hacks may or may not allow someone to illegally download your music but hey as long as SGD is covered. There was a thread about it and hacks that was deleted but trust your document will be filed. Where is the agreement to protect you?

I'd also suggest that you look for the thread in which Chilles, a member who did this for free since nearly the beginning posted about the cost involved and for what? A nice loogey/FU later? Nah. Eff that. Not to mention no xgold bonus or half off gameplay gets you nowhere near even breaking even. Hell you can't even get tips that can later be cashed out for real money. Why the hell can SGD not take up this responsibility? It would be cheaper for them versus say five DJs actually being able to broadcast legally. That agreement I. My opinion is a CYA tactic so that if the music is illegal they are not liable. They've not asked for proof of license or anything else. This is a google doc that's fishy as hell. That said I think this and other responses shows how much you'll be appreciated anyway.

And I'm sorry Gizmo but this is about enhancing your game for free on the backs of the community. How long have people being asking about DJing? You know that music has a big impact on gameplay.

Of course, we will offer nice bonuses and discounts to good and trusted DJs ;)

Not that I ever asked for it but I never recieved a nice bonus and discount for the past 3 years. Not even a thank you. I cant speak for my other team mates but I am very dissapointed about how things are handled now.

It's fishy and is a kick in the ass for thoose that have worked for you for free the past 3 - 4 years.

But good luck to the new DJ's whoever that will be :)

Camden, I'm not sure that your understanding is correct. I think that you are wrong. Look, if someone downloads music illegally then he breaks the law. Not the music provider. The music provider does not violate the law in any way, if he has all the necessary licenses.

Female-Ninja(1).jpg?id=88601853

quick tikanese forumpost-jump

@ this time,state n point - atleast, as long as all my lawyers are either, as usual on vacation (and i wonder why) and besides that, their quiet expensive^^ ... nothing more (for now) as:

1mt8s3.jpg

just thinkn, meme making, postn, typin, play pressing below n meanwhile above again twice and sayn

cher-lloyd-waving-o.gif

Edited by chaostika

Not that I ever asked for it but I never recieved a nice bonus and discount for the past 3 years. Not even a thank you. I cant speak for my other team mates but I am very dissapointed about how things are handled now.

It's fishy and is a kick in the ass for thoose that have worked for you for free the past 3 - 4 years.

But good luck to the new DJ's whoever that will be :)

Hey Nikki, I'm sorry about that. In fact, now we want to improve the system of interaction with DJs. And thank you for your help. You did it not for us. You did it for whole 3DX community. Good luck!

Camden, I'm not sure that your understanding is correct. I think that you are wrong. Look, if someone downloads music illegally then he breaks the law. Not the music provider. The music provider does not violate the law in any way, if he has all the necessary licenses.

Actually, I'm not. Did you know that in the US the government has gone after Google and Microsoft for allowing links to pirated content in their search results? Which is why you may see a disclaimer letting you know some results are removed for this reason. They were mere providers of a service. I'm not a lawyer, I do know that the laws are changing and becoming stricter. I'm not going to argue liabilities ty as I've made that argument elsewhere. My point was and is you have offered no protections to the DJs that they will not have to worry about having their music stolen which was the primary point in the streams changing in the first place. Also, you have opened it up to anyone meaning that there are no controls in place. Will my ip be shown on the streaming site is an example.

Still my point stands. I can't stop anyone from applying I just ask that they think twice as those that did a service for years were discarded like trash instead of trying to come to a resolution for "the better of 3DX".

Hey Nikki, I'm sorry about that. In fact, now we want to improve the system of interaction with DJs. And thank you for your help. You did it not for us. You did it for whole 3DX community. Good luck!

So you assum all the DJs just did it for the greater good and your company didnt have any gain in it? Definitely reflects a certain way of thinking and company policy.

Camden, a lot of music providers (like radiotunes.com for example) are broadcasting music right now. And any person can "steal" their music just turning on the sound recording. Providers do not worry about it.

Providers have licenses and they have nothing to fear, they do not violate any laws.

Sounds cool.  Hopefully we get some public parties back up in this place! Like the old days!   :lol:

Goodluck Gizmo and potential new DJ's.   

giphy.gif

4yww4o1vu79y.jpg?id=73205886

actually not that to laugh atm - just sayn ... but thats a other story and to be contiuned - maybe ... maybe not