3DXChat Community

Antivirus

Guest SvetlanaLupescu

Guest SvetlanaLupescu

Hi everyone i don't know if i'm in the good section, but i'm looking for a free and effective antivirus who can work with windows 10. Can you give me tips or adress to find a good one, please? :)

I have norton now but it end at the end of this month.

Thanks to all in advance :)

From my research the free version of bitdefender scores the highest ratings, but whichever antivirus you go for, always opt out of any browser extension or safe search option. These are thought to be the way they fund their free software by slanting your internet searches to their affiliates often using a variance of the ask.com toolbar which is widely thought to be a forrm of malware/spyware despite claims otherwise.

With that in mind either Avast or bitdefender are good, the latter is more lightweight on resources but does require you register an email account with them...

https://www.howtogeek.com/239950/dont-use-your-antivirus-browser-extensions-they-can-actually-make-you-less-safe/

https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/free.html

you can nowadays even discuss if an additional antivir software does make sense any longer.

Some peeps call it snakeoil and there is for sure some truth in it.

Additionally there is already some basic antivir included in Win 10 with Defender (yes, I know it still not got the highest ratings *g*).

But with new planned and soon released upgrade Defender will be improved.

So my personal suggestion would be:

- if you are an experienced user you probably don't need an additional antivir

- if you click on every link and thingie in WWW you better should have an additional antivir ;) but be sure it won't help too much then ;)

Kaspersky... you have to pay for it but it's worthy, believe me! No problems with that since years, And against "real viruses" you have to ask in the pharmacy.  ;)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is also good.

P.S. I hope you haven't just logged in in here because of software tips.  :P

I've used Kaspersky and Norton many years. I wouldnt recommend Kaspersky but they could have improved it by now. I had nearly no problems with norton at all but thats not what you looking at eh?  ;)

I'd (and I do) stick to win10 security measures cause they won't cause any troubles as all programms are optimised for it which is not the case for any other antivirus. My pc runs better then ever before and win10 is nearly on top with any other antivirus. But I'd recommend some addons for browsers.

Cheers

Hi everyone i don't know if i'm in the good section, but i'm looking for a free and effective antivirus who can work with windows 10. Can you give me tips or adress to find a good one, please? :)

I have norton now but it end at the end of this month.

Thanks to all in advance :)

Most Anti Virus Software is just Snake Oil. The worst thing is that some are not only fail to protect you they also undermine your security (SSL in browsers). The windows defender is not that bad and if you avoid downloading hacked or illegal software from suspicious places and reject viewing all those funny powerpoint files or similar files friends send you by mail you are pretty save.

you can nowadays even discuss if an additional antivir software does make sense any longer.

Some peeps call it snakeoil and there is for sure some truth in it.

Additionally there is already some basic antivir included in Win 10 with Defender (yes, I know it still not got the highest ratings *g*).

But with new planned and soon released upgrade Defender will be improved.

So my personal suggestion would be:

- if you are an experienced user you probably don't need an additional antivir

- if you click on every link and thingie in WWW you better should have an additional antivir ;) but be sure it won't help too much then ;)

You're right, of course. I have a pre-build of the Creators Update on my laptop and the version of Windows Defender is much better than now, with regular virus signature updates each day. Defender is all I use on that machine...

You're right, of course. I have a pre-build of the Creators Update on my laptop and the version of Windows Defender on that version is much better than now, with regular virus signature updates each day. Defender is all I use on that machine...

Any is one of the taff guys, using a pre release version of windows :D :D :D

I have a new profile pic for you :)

220px-James_Dean_-_publicity_-_early.JPG

I use AVG free. I also use IObit malware free. I do pay for PIA vpn.