3DXChat Community

Music in public locations is bugged again?

Xanar

Well I don't want to start a discuss about Hacks, Legality or Moral.

I will write this post just as a Info what's up and just as a warning for the Members who play her own Music in 3DXChat :)

For some Members of 3DXChat wasn't enough to to get for free entertained with high Quality Music, no this Members wants to Download (Ripping) this Content to have it as a illegal copy.

The current Music Stream Plugin of 3DXChat (BASS audio library, (bass.dll)) is a player and Music Ripper in ones... Well this was known and it wasn't a big deal, because 3DXChat did use it only as Player.

But now did some Members unlock the Ripping functions and installed this (Illegal) with a own user Interface direct in the Game as Music Download functions.

This means for this Members is it easy possible to copy each played Song inside of 3dxchat, not matter is it a radio stream or just a DJ Stream.

This alone was as the reason to remove the seven public Location Streams because in my opinion is it not fair if ppl copy unasked the Music where other Members did buy for.

It's also illegal to copy copyrighted content and it's exactly so illegal to made it with some easy clicks possible for everyone!

This is just theft!!!

About this I've the opinion BASS audio library brings a security lagg and for this needs as first a solution :)

Edited by Chilles

Oh and in case anyone thinks ripping music isnt a big deal and it is not really stealing, I would like to point that the level of game modification has reached an alarming level.

In my opinion, people that create the current hacks are so deep in the games code that I wouldn't wonder if you would be able to extract user data and IP's along with bank account and credit data.

I am not wanting to paint the devil on the wall and of course they will say "We don't plan to do that"

I can't be the only one who is worried about 3rd parties developers so deep in the games code that you are getting paranoid.

I haven't seen a game so far, that is being dismantled on that level, that 3rd party developers are able to implement gamechanging tools.

I think we have moved way beyond a "harmless" hack.

My 2 cents

I don't think they would be able to get bank details as they are handled by an entirely separate company and at no time do SexGameDevil get your bank details - it's dealt with by BMT. They would have to hack BMT to obtain those. I have no idea about tech, but I guess the dll could take your data - though would your virus software pick this up? ie this file is sending lots of data to weird places? 

Achilles, sorry I appreciate you writing in English, it's just in some instances it's not always apparent what you are trying to say. Can you just be a bit clearer? The streams were changed because people were recording the music or music you and others' bought was being recorded and so you replaced the music with the present streams?

Hmmm... I believe what Chilles means is...

It's actually ingame built mods, with "download button" to directly download any song played at any time.

Along with download button for any gallery pictures... and a list of other features.

Again, these all could be done with external tools, but I doubt it's a good idea to facilitate it within the game, not to mention the legal ramifications it can have.

Due to lack of options in game, the addition of little tweaks to help basic things and needs were welcomed, but this all does feel like a big overkill.

Always further and bigger, is not always a good thing. Might end up wrecking everything. Gotta think some stuff better guys... :ph34r:

Achilles, sorry I appreciate you writing in English, it's just in some instances it's not always apparent what you are trying to say. Can you just be a bit clearer? The streams were changed because people were recording the music or music you and others' bought was being recorded and so you replaced the music with the present streams?

Which point wasn't clear?

A internal Download function (Ripping) of Music content makes the whole Game at least to a Illegal File-sharing System :)

I think everyone know about what kind of third party function I'm talking of...

I don't care about Game Modders or Hacks, on the contrary...

In my opinion shows this kind of external mods the weak points of the game and it's needed to fix this... Some of this modings are good things and the Devs should use it as ideas for developing.

But I care a lot about my own stuff and my own money and I don't allow the Download (ripping) as internal third Party moding of my music content.

I am really wondering: is it still the devs controlling the game or somebody else in the meantime?

For me this download option has a very bitter taste resulting in a big loss of trust.

There is one very important rule on www: never fuck around with money. Illegal filesharing is fucking around with money.

To some degree I've also got the feeling that the game devs (or let that just be the game ops) really don't seem to be present at any level in the game any more.

About the music download thing ... well, sorry, that is just ridiculous, IMHO. Why would I want to download a song in 3dx that I can download very easily from youtube or just stream via spotify and alike? Even capturing and recording the audio output locally on each users computers is trivial.

If the 3dx ops' focus is indeed on preventing downloading music from the game, well then we are all lost, because given the high number of bugs and issues this is certainly one of the most unimportant things in game ...

And if somebody is scared about personal data (like friends list, alt accounts or maybe even chat protocols), well that is another thing that should certainly be addressed (if it is not already).

But on the other hand, if someone really has the illusion about real "privacy" in a game like 3dx, I think you are just extremely naive and should think twice about playing such a game.

I agree DarrenD :)

It's also for everyone very easy to stream besides the Game play his own Music like spotify, YouTube etc...
There isn't a game internal Music Functions needed, it was just a Bonus for the Members without interest of external Music streams :)

It's Just a Sex Game and not a Music entertaining center with sex functions :lol::D

No one will also say one word if you ripping besides the Game Play some Spotify or YouTube Songs because then is it alone your problem ^^

Again, these all could be done with external tools, but I doubt it's a good idea to facilitate it within the game, not to mention the legal ramifications it can have.

Due to lack of options in game, the addition of little tweaks to help basic things and needs were welcomed, but this all does feel like a big overkill.

i guess shanti, as so often, nailed it with that! its one thing beeing able to create bigger n better rooms/worlds, providing additional ingame features like a great sexspeedslider, a better volumecontrol ect pp - simply implementing additional little tweaks helping basic things due the lack of options in game! thats what mods should do, there for they are welcome in all games and for that i support them since almost 20 years now!

but givn the ppl the possiblilty to ripp music out of the game is going a step way to far here! what ppl do besides the game on and with their OWN PC is their OWN THING and their OWN RESPONSIBILLITY - but [rippn music] out of a game as a built in "feature" and even "only" through a modification ... in the end ... sooner or later 

giphy.gif

Achilles, the part I did not understand fully is this:

"This alone was as the reason to remove the seven public Location Streams" 

I take it the "seven public Location Streams" were your music from your server? So once you realised somebody could or had recorded your music using an edited in-game facility you stopped them?

i will comment on this...  lets say Nikki is doing a set in Fresco for some party or whatever. I pretty sure she mixes her own stuff herself , i dont know how long that takes but i bet it takes a while.. so someone comes along and "grabs" her mixes. Not only are they stealing her music she paid for they are stealing her hard work she put into making the mixes for free. If i was a dj and by dj i mean people who mix things and dont just grab songs from the net and play them as is, i would be pissed also. 

Yes, on that I agree ofc. If ripping is about DJs stealing playlists/mixes from each other this seems very odd for me, yes.

Unfortunately there is practically nothing you can do about it, because like I said: in the end you can always grab the audio signal locally, without having to hack the game.

Achilles, the part I did not understand fully is this:

"This alone was as the reason to remove the seven public Location Streams" 

I take it the "seven public Location Streams" were your music from your server? So once you realised somebody could or had recorded your music using an edited in-game facility you stopped them?

Exactly :)

The Music stream system (Stream Server Host) and 85% of the Music Content was a donation of me for the community!

The other 15% was a donation of some DJ's for the community...

We got nothing back for but this isn't the point because we did it gladly...

Yes, on that I agree ofc. If ripping is about DJs stealing playlists/mixes from each other this seems very odd for me, yes.

Unfortunately there is practically nothing you can do about it, because like I said: in the end you can always grab the audio signal locally, without having to hack the game.

As I said if ppl do it with the intention then they need invest some own time to find the way to ripp Music illegal.

But put a Download button in game is like a written invite and they doesn't need invest own time to copy illegal Music :)

I understands your point of view here  ;) 

But first of all, the dll is NOT out yet.. Things can still be changes before its coming out. So nothing have changed so far

If you streaming with out metadata, so there will not be any info to show, about what you play...

Keep play the music Chilles, it makes people smile and enjoy these hard times the game have at the moment... 

Music is a languages we all understand, and can relate to..

“Where words fail, music speaks.” 
― Hans Christian Andersen

I believe Alex will post an update shortly in the Modz forums that will fix your concerns with Music Downloads.

About the music download thing ... well, sorry, that is just ridiculous, IMHO. Why would I want to download a song in 3dx that I can download very easily from youtube or just stream via spotify and alike? Even capturing and recording the audio output locally on each users computers is trivial.

If the 3dx ops' focus is indeed on preventing downloading music from the game, well then we are all lost, because given the high number of bugs and issues this is certainly one of the most unimportant things in game ...

But first of all, the dll is NOT out yet.. Things can still be changes before its coming out. So nothing have changed so far

I think it should be a big concern for 3dx development and for players as well.

Everything is always rainbows and unicorns, but imagine if reported, the game gets flagged as a P2P Network (considering the development team doesn't do anything to prevent it). Regulations can be quite  severe from one country to another on this matter so this game could be closed down in that country or fully. What happens to all customers with subscriptions then ? 

Again, this is a very extreme example, but still worth considering.

I'll add that I'm not throwing shade at mods. I have much appreciation for those taking time to provide them for us and I'm all for them to provide basic tools that the game should already give us, using common sense.

About the "it's not out yet", when you read :

allowed couple of people to test his "late Alpha" version of his Extender Mod and i can tell you there is some amazing new features

No offense, but we've all been there, these spread like wildfire. haha

"please don't share this with anyone else" ... com'on ... this is 3DX :lol: 

Exactly :)

The Music stream system (Stream Server Host) and 85% of the Music Content was a donation of me for the community!

The other 15% was a donation of some DJ's for the community...

We got nothing back for but this isn't the point because we did it gladly...

As I said if ppl do it with the intention then they need invest some own time to find the way to ripp Music illegal.

But put a Download button in game is like a written invite and they doesn't need invest own time to copy illegal Music :)

And again I am surprised about how much more community is in this game than I expected.

One of the things may things I really like about 3dx are/were the well curated music play lists for the various locations, giving a unique flair to each of them.

And now, after playing the game for almost 8 months, I learn that even the play lists are user contributed ... 

I have to repeat what I've said previously, this game would be boring, extremely boring, if users would not fill in where the SGD fails. And it is only fitting probably, that your contribution - like many others - seems to be completely unaccredited.

I think it should be a big concern for 3dx development and for players as well.

Everything is always rainbows and unicorns, but imagine if reported, the game gets flagged as a P2P Network (considering the development team doesn't do anything to prevent it). Regulations can be quite  severe from one country to another on this matter so this game could be closed down in that country or fully. What happens to all customers with subscriptions then ? 

Again, this is a very extreme example, but still worth considering.

I'll add that I'm not throwing shade at mods. I have much appreciation for those taking time to provide them for us and I'm all for them to provide basic tools that the game should already give us, using common sense.

This has nothing to do with rainbows and unicorns. If the abilities to download are not originally built into the software (and the whole purpose of the software is something completely different), then I seriously doubt that any of this will even remotely be an issue. Otherwise any other software that somehow, as a side product, allows to stream media, were in danger.

But, however we turn it, being able to download stuff within the game is certainly not worth any troubles (like DJs refusing to play music), so like you I really hope that common sense prevails and that this feature never sees bigger distribution.

And again I am surprised about how much more community is in this game than I expected.

One of the things may things I really like about 3dx are/were the well curated music play lists for the various locations, giving a unique flair to each of them.

And now, after playing the game for almost 8 months, I learn that even the play lists are user contributed ... 

I have to repeat what I've said previously, this game would be boring, extremely boring, if users would not fill in where the SGD fails. And it is only fitting probably, that your contribution - like many others - seems to be completely unaccredited.

This has nothing to do with rainbows and unicorns. If the abilities to download are not originally built into the software (and the whole purpose of the software is something completely different), then I seriously doubt that any of this will even remotely be an issue. Otherwise any other software that somehow, as a side product, allows to stream media, were in danger.

But, however we turn it, being able to download stuff within the game is certainly not worth any troubles (like DJs refusing to play music), so like you I really hope that common sense prevails and that this feature never sees bigger distribution.

Maybe I misunderstood your point but the software is there to provide the ability to stream but the license is on the person using the stream. For example, I like to use music in my live streams on Insta. However, I cannot because I do not have the license. Instagram will ban me if reported (know people who were) because they do not want to risk liability it is the same reason that they remove videos uploaded with copyrighted content immediately.

Building this into the game, it seems makes 3DX not better than a site like "MP3Skull" who has to pay up 22 million for allowing users to rip music. I'm sure the team has seen this thread and if they allow this, they could become liable. Why risk it? Why even go that far to create something in the game that allows it? The difference between using a program on your computer to record the song for the rip, something like Audacity is a bit different than ripping it straight from the game. Recording your favorite show on your DVR is a bit different than using a bit torrent to download it.