3DXChat Community

(COMPLETED) -- Brain Tumour Awareness Party -- Saturday 4th March -- 5pm GMT

Guest Mulan

16a5q81.jpg

Last year on 26 March 2016, with my previous character SayaX, I created the Brain Tumour Awareness Party. I was amazed by the response and the kind support of the community. This year I would like to raise the issue again.

CANCER is not always Pink. Here in the UK March is Brain Tumour Awareness month. Brain Tumours are cancer that is responsible for killing the most people under the age of 40, yet only 1% of cancer research spending in the UK goes towards researching brain tumours.

Brain tumours are typically harder to spot even when you do go and see a doctor. They will usually start with constant headaches and double vision, which are hard to diagnose. Also, due to the position of a brain tumour, it is hard to treat. Operations are usually not an option, and neither is chemotherapy. Radiotherapy can often help slow a growth and in rare occasions leave the growth dormant or shrink it.

This is important to me because a brain tumour has affected my life in a very real way. Back in early 2015, my late wife was diagnosed with a brain tumour. It was devastating news which turned our whole world upside down. It is the main reason I have come to 3DX, to escape, to keep my mind active, not to overthink things. Sadly, last year my wife ended her fight with a brain tumour passing away.

I would like to raise awareness of this horrible cancer, and I would like the 3DX community to be a part of that. I am arranging a second Brain Tumour Awareness Party on Saturday 4th March 2017 running from 5 pm to 11 pm GMT. There will be 6 DJs who are free to play any genre of music that they wish. It is up to the DJ if they want to take music requests.

My good friend Xanar will be hosting as well as DJing. My good friends RedMelisande, MrsCandice, Epithany, and LauraTWK, will also be DJing. I have so many wonderful friends that I would have loved to have DJ, but I didn't want to go over 6 hours.

If you love music, would like to have fun and support a good cause, then please join us for what will be a special night. The only request I make it that you wear a hat to show your support, however, this is optional, and your attendance is what is most important!

I look forward to seeing you all there and if you have any questions just send me a message, and I will be happy to answer.

ora_1488646800.png

I regularly stay in contact with my best friend, Kuro. I asked Kuro if she wanted to be a part of this event and she gladly accepted. Kuro has been a huge part of my 3DX life and continues to be a tremendous support beyond 3DX and an excellent friend, so to say I am thrilled, is an understatement!

If you read this Kuro. Thank you so much! I am sure I won't be the only one who is happy to see a friendly face.

Thank you for hosting this awareness party. Recently i was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and metastatic brain tumours as a result of that cancer and am only too aware of its pain and destructive nature. Whilst the lung tumour is shrinking, the brain tumours are causing grief and I am grateful for the support i have of wonderful friends and a beautiful partner here in the 3DX community. I applaud the hosting of this wonderful event, so that awareness is raised and it will allow so many people to at least have fun, share the common power of love and help those who may be touched by this type of cancer.

My partner and I will be there with smiles and happiness :))

Thank you for the support Aeshya and your kind words. The 3DX community really does help. I know there are people who say this is only a sex game. It is not, it has put me in touch with people who have impacted my life in a very real way, and I will be always be grateful to those people who have stood by and talked to me through the darkest hours.

My thoughts are with you Aeshya.

The DJs will be playing at the following times (all times in GMT):

5 to 6 pm - Mulan
6 to 7 pm - MrsCandice
7 to 8 pm - Xanar
8 to 9 pm - LauraTWK
9 to 10 pm - RedMelisande
10 to 11 pm - JanaX

ora_1488646800.png

had my own brain operation in 1976.. i was #6 they ever operated on. 2 died because of complications

The operation was successful.. though after 1 month i was indicated as an epileptic...

Back then all i wanted was to die.. for as a teen you don't see the good side of life. But after a long time we got the epileptic under control

To all those suffering.. I wish you all the strength you need

Shania

All have a wonderful time at the party

I attended the event last year, and it was great to see so many in 3DX supporting such a worthy cause. I plan to attend again this year, and I'll be bringing my wife, Moon too, of course :)

This is pretty much your only chance to see Moon and me in hats :D 

Guest Mulan

I hope to be there too...if i can figure out the timezone correctly :P

10 pm to 4 am in Hong Kong. Hopefully, you can make the first hour or two! :)

Thanks for your support :)

10 pm to 4 am in Hong Kong. Hopefully, you can make the first hour or two! :)

Thanks for your support :)

Oh thanks for the assist Mulan. (I'm one of those timezone challenged people :wacko: )

Will definitely be there for an hour or two now :)