3DXChat Community

An open letter to Lisa

Zokora

Dear Lisa,

first of all I would like to thank you for announcing Patch 362 and the contents being inside. I appreciate the risk you were going to announce it, even though there seemed to be some obstacles before implementing it, as the fact shows, that it has not come out yet, nearly one month after the announcement.

I can understand that there are a lot of doubts from your side regarding some people in the forum behaving and reacting very rude if something does not meet their expectations, nevertheless I fear that a month of missing communication about the status of patch 362 does not improve the current situation and the dissatisfaction of the community; and as well the rumours start to spread that the last server break down was in connection with a failed patch 362 update.

Anyway, there is a part of the community - like  me - who appreciates the work you do; and having worked a long time close to software development, I know all the imponderabilities in that area.

As well I know that there are some people who will never be satisfied, but please do not be geared to those People, as with the missing communication you rather affront that part of the community which is here already for a longer time, appreciating the advantages of this game compared to others, but annoyed of the lack of communication - we are waiting for patch 362 for one month now without any Information.

What I would like to see:

• A plan about the next patches and their content and the schedule
  • An update on the schedule if there are delays
  • A Feedback on all the proposals and wishes of the community members (sometimes it is as if we just could put our wishes directly into the void)

Missing Information leads to rumours and dissatisfaction, and I guess noone expects that you always keep the time schedule, but it would be helpful to get Information about delays, and even one line like 'We have problems with Patch 362, we are not able yet to announce a reliable date' is better than no communication.

I hope you find the time to read this and I would be lucky to read about your point of view on this.

Zokora

Once upon a time ppl complained if there were no patches. Then they complained if no info was forthcoming about future patches. Then they complained if those patches were announced and did not arrive. Then they complained if those patches were announced, did not arrive and no explanation was given.

Then when the patch finally did arrive, ppl complained about what was in it...

The devs will never be able to get it right.

Players pay for the product. Whether it's expensive or not at $20 is beside the point. No one is forced to sub and everyone has the option to stop paying if they don't like it. Paying a sub does not entitle anyone to know when patches are planned, what they will involve or why they are delayed. It might be good business sense to provide information to customers, but ultimately the product is already being enjoyed so anything else is a bonus.

Once upon a time ppl complained if there were no patches. Then they complained if no info was forthcoming about future patches. Then they complained if those patches were announced and did not arrive. Then they complained if those patches were announced, did not arrive and no explanation was given.

Then when the patch finally did arrive, ppl complained about what was in it...

The devs will never be able to get it right.

Players pay for the product. Whether it's expensive or not at $20 is beside the point. No one is forced to sub and everyone has the option to stop paying if they don't like it. Paying a sub does not entitle anyone to know when patches are planned, what they will involve or why they are delayed. It might be good business sense to provide information to customers, but ultimately the product is already being enjoyed so anything else is a bonus.

What do you want to tell with that, Beccie? With no word in my post I complained about anything, I was just making suggestions, trying to get in communication. And I never judge about someone doing something right or wrong.

So if any of my words can be misread in that way I want to state this clearly: With this post I neither complain nor tell the devs they are doing something wrong.

What do you want to tell with that, Beccie? With no word in my post I complained about anything, I was just making suggestions, trying to get in communication. And I never judge about someone doing something right or wrong.

So if any of my words can be misread in that way I want to state this clearly: With this post I neither complain nor tell the devs they are doing something wrong.

At what point did I say I was talking about you?

One of the reasons why developers in general have a hard time communicating with a community is because it is not their job ... If you are buried in work, that maybe is even overdue, then finding nice and calming words for the community can be very difficult.

If you compare 3dx to other games, even AAA games, then you'll find that ETAs are a) rarely published and B) mostly not met. Much like here.

When I read Lisa's announcement some weeks ago, I was surprized, because I was almost certain, that a change as huge as the one she announced, would take a long time.

At the same time, I fully agree with you, no communication is the worst that can happen to a loyal community.

Did I? Where and when?

"What do you want to tell with that, Beccie? With no word in my post I complained about anything, I was just making suggestions, trying to get in communication. And I never judge about someone doing something right or wrong."

It sounds like you thought I was implying you were complaining, which I was not - I was referring to the endless moans I've heard on this issue from many others...

"What do you want to tell with that, Beccie? With no word in my post I complained about anything, I was just making suggestions, trying to get in communication. And I never judge about someone doing something right or wrong."

It sounds like you thought I was implying you were complaining, which I was not - I was referring to the endless moans I've heard on this issue from many others...

Ok, Beccie, I was just wondering for what you put that into this thread in this case; if you do not imply that I am complaining, this comment seems to me a bit at the wrong place, but nevertheless, as we have sorted this out, let me summarize: I do not complain and you do not imply I complain :D.

It might be good business sense to provide information to customers, but ultimately the product is already being enjoyed so anything else is a bonus.

This might be true, but personally, I think it is a symptom (rather than a cause) of what is wrong with the way the 3DX business is run.

At this point, we players really just have to accept the fact that the 3DX business is meeting the operator's goals, and that is why (from the players' perspective), it is not evolving as rapidly or as well as some of us expect.

I have run a one-man business for 20 years. At one point, I had the opportunity to grow my business to where I might have employed five people or more and probably doubled or tripled my income. But that would have required a degree of ambition and effort that I did not possess.

3DX is what it is, and you'd better just enjoy it for what it is for as long as it lasts. Because, at this rate, it isn't going to get any better and it isn't going to last forever, either.

This might be true, but personally, I think it is a symptom (rather than a cause) of what is wrong with the way the 3DX business is run.

At this point, we players really just have to accept the fact that the 3DX business is meeting the operator's goals, and that is why (from the players' perspective), it is not evolving as rapidly or as well as some of us expect.

I have run a one-man business for 20 years. At one point, I had the opportunity to grow my business to where I might have employed five people or more and probably doubled or tripled my income. But that would have required a degree of ambition and effort that I did not possess.

3DX is what it is, and you'd better just enjoy it for what it is for as long as it lasts. Because, at this rate, it isn't going to get any better and it isn't going to last forever, either.

Totally agree. I'm in the same situation - I earn a good amount of money in my business - I could probably add a third or more again but that would mean giving up the rest of my life which I'm not prepared to do.

Some of the business decisions the devs take are questionable but they probably have their reasons.

open letter to Lisa: gimme a suit lady before i revolt :P

Dear Lisa,

I am still waiting for my damn monocle. Sort out your priorities :lol:

Regards

Mulan

P.s. The suit idea is pretty cool as well (don't tell RobT though, he may get a bit big headed)

---

More transparency would be nice. However, I don't think it is a given. Companies like Google and Microsoft decide to be open, yet Apple, the most valuable company in the world, decides to be secretive. I know it can be frustrating, we just have to trust the developers are working as hard as they can to make 3DX a better place. I am sure they do read feedback, and I am confident they do look at statistics and see that places like the Saloon were a bad business decision.

We all stay here not for the features, but for the wonderful community of people. We have people like FrenchTouch who are very creative. We have the great DJs who run great fun parties. I have also made some wonderful lifelong friends during my time here.

It would be nice to know more about what was going on behind the scenes, but that is their decision. I am sure threads like this do get noticed, and to be fair they have been more open with what is going on. Thank you for a well thought out and well-worded topic Zokora :)

Zokora, I appreciate your wording :) . I hope the developper will do too and will find some inspiration <_<  to go ahead a little more on communication.

If they are a very small team, if they want to continue this way at the price of low communication, but at minimum maintain the game as it is, I personnaly am fine with that.

Yes writting a small post saying something even light would be appreciated by many people enjoying this game for what it is, on a middle to long term perspective.

But also other people with short term view will rage on the post and possibly make their mood hurt.

We all know many people have a good capacity to destroy instead of build ... as it happens often in the 3dx world itself !

Communication...

I would love some more communication from the devs. Let's see the good point: they could speak with us telling a lot of lies, instead they don't speak a lot.

They just... well... buy some content here and there to make some new... unasked locations... while we wait for better updates. :)

Kiss

Nion

I guess im at a loss. first you say they say nothing, then they gave an update.... now because they havent gave an update on the update they gave some are upset. I understand how some may be pissy about the patches but please show me any of these games that release updates like that. when i say these games, i mean sex games or games like 2L, imvu and the like. I know imvu doesnt but just wondering if its common in these types of games.

I'm not quite sure who you mean by saying people are upset. I am not. Even if it seems to be common in those games to get no information / release updates, at least I can try to communicate to the devs. I am not complaining, I am not upset, I just do some proposals and ask for more communication. Not even trying means to resignate, so I try; if I get no answer (which is an answer as well, even not communicating is some type of communication), I will think about what are the consequences. And I guess you can derive from my forum contributions that whatever I do, this will remain respectful.

I am sorry we are currently having difficulties with the  update. We will keep you posted on our progress and possible release date. Hmmm took me 55 seconds to write that, no matter how busy I might be or not be.

then congratulations on delivering the answer to your rant for yourself.