3DXChat Community

[FRENCHTOUCH 3D CREATION] PROTOTYPE

FrenchTouchs

POLL ABOUT THE 3D CREATION  

207 members have voted

1. 1. THE CONTENT OF 3D MODDER IS IMPORTANT ?

• Absolutly Yes !
    • Yes !
    • Hmmm maybe...
    • No !
    • Modder ? What is that ?
    • Hmmmm....(Explain your choice)

Guest Twiggy

I can't help but be super sceptical of this game.

The website for this game is insecure, and there's no forum for it. It's all over the 3DXchat forums, the final logo even has a typo in it! What does that tell us?

I can't find anything about this game outside of this forum. Which makes me wonder, what kind of proof do you have that this project isn't just a money grab, a scam!

Also, the logo for "Mind Games Company" only gives me this:

easyfancybox.jpg

I don't mean to be rude, but for a company that wants to take pre-orders, is there any proof that this game even exists? So far all we've seen is some poorly rendered and animated prototype animations. 

If you actually want us to trust that this is a REAL production, you need to be more open, and actually show us what you are going to make. Not just throw out some white models and call it pre-order worthy.

Take some time, set up a secure website, and actually put effort into this. 

As potential users, customers and contributors we want to see something that resembles an idea that is fleshed out.

So give us a forum, give us a website, give us some videos of you playing a pre-alpha build of the game so we can see what this might become.

And when this "project" reaches beyond a sketch on a dive bar napkin, then we can talk. 

Because right now, a lot of people, including me, isn't convinced this isn't a scam.

And if you aren't able to make your "final logo" and "wallpaper" correctly, how are we supposed to trust you to make your "game" correctly.

Very well written Rochie and I think needed to be said.

Although I don't think Frenchie is going out to intentionally scam anyone, I do agree that she needs to be a lot more professional in what she is doing if she wants to be taken seriously.

So far she has not shown us anything that has me convinced she is capable of giving us something that will rival 3DXChat.

Frenchie, some of the graphics like the beach and the theatre looked fine, but others like the kitchen looked sub standard.

Maybe that is not the quality that they will end up, if not it should not be shown as that will only have people not take you seriously.

Also you have to realise that a lot of us know what can be done, that the scenes are not that hard to create and the avis and quality animations are.

What will have you taken seriously is what Rochie has pointed out, show us some high quality avis shown with quality animations with some of the controls you will have in the game.

Which makes me wonder, what kind of proof do you have that this project isn't just a money grab, a scam!

Well, excepted if I am wrong, at the moment they do not call for money and the list of people saying they would ike to be part of it was more a natural initiative of people wanting they show their support than anything official.

You are right to remind that giving money to a project is risky. Everybody will take his personnal decision, based on the data available the day they will call for.

They inform us of the progress, they try to continue their developpement without money coming from outside. They for sure are at  a critical moment when expenses increases when no money arrive.

I give them my best wishes for success and I respect the choice of people to be sceptical.

The day they will call for money I will support them knowing that such an expense is risky.... less risky than to buy cigarettes .... but risky ...

I don't believe it's an intentional scam... but I do believe that a person should wait and see before offering money. I've been in software development for a very long time... and I have seen projects that succeed and projects that fail.

At the moment I believe this falls into the latter category... first they appear to me to be focusing on the fun stuff.... level making and making logos and trailers and loading screens and such.... but sooner or later you need to get to the hard stuff... network code and integration and optimisation... But when you get to the hard stuff this is when a project falls apart. Suddenly you realise it's an uphill battle and there are a hundred things to do and... none of them are fun.

Secondly, I think they are over ambitious and over promising. The minute someone says "I hope it's got this" it seems frenchie says... "it's got that" and this is added to the list of requirements.. the problem is the scope of the project is growing so the deadline is inevitably moving further away.

These are two reasons why I'm waiting to see. I honestly hope I'm wrong... but I've seen these basic mistakes occur too often in projects that ultimately end up failing.

As I say... I hope I'm wrong... and I wish them all success... and I reiterate my offer to help. I have a considerable amount of the hard stuff done, already... but...

Je viens de lire tout le sujet, et passée la hype des premiers messages, plus ça avance, plus je me suis dit que ça sentait le gros flan.

J'ai continué à lire, et là je suis tombé sur des personnes qui ont montré des images et des vidéos prouvant que ce qui a été présenté comme une avancée du jeu avait en fait été "volé" sur d'autres sites/vidéos.

Ensuite, lorsqu'on lit tous les messages d'une traite, en faisant attention aux dates, on se rend compte que des choses simples ne sont pas tenue. La promesse d'un site qui va arriver dans 1 semaine et toujours rien après 2 mois, des logos qui changent constamment, un accent mis sur une interface qui semble n'avoir rien à voir d'une présentation à l'autre etc.

J'étais vraiment ravi d'espérer une alternative à 3DX, mais honnêtement, pour ma part je n'y crois plus.

Reste à espérer que je me trompe, mais franchement j'en doute. Reprenez tout le sujet en entier, voyez les incohérences, les trucs repompés, les pirouettes "rattrapage aux branches" etc. Je pense que ça sent la grosse déception quand même...

Et puis, un partenariat avec Netflix ? Euh... seriously ?