3DXChat Community

/me roleplay context.

rimaki

So I have been enjoying the game its been about a week and I have gotten really into it. I have only wondered a few things and maybe its just noob curiosity.

Do you guys ever receive  PM's or is that a incredibly rare and not likely to ever happen?

As a roleplayer I try to start convos with a /me command and some detail is that a good idea or something people hate? I am mainly trying to communicate something from there profile or the setting and not be the "Hi. how are you? type.

I am more so curious if anyone has an advice for me and such because I love the game ,but I dont want the PMs to be killing it when I could be doing something wrong. I have met a handful of people and its also perhaps that maybe everyone is different and would prefer the Hi how are you ,but I am told thats boring and incredibly common.

Just some more noob questions sorry if its a tedious or fragile question in advance.

sending people Pm's is a good way to start friendships even if it is in the /me form  or in RP character form   it is also good to talk in local chat where you are.

Also  try to think of this place as a Chat, sex community rather than a "game" you will find that you will get to know people rather quickly that way...... just be yourself or the character you want to be and you will be fine.  

Alrighty so then I am doing things right I will keep at it then thank you. I just felt odd never getting pms out of the blue myself or anything and its been kind of well cold shoulderish I could say haha.

If someone sends me an opener with a /me, especially a long /me then it comes across as a bit pretentious. It does not impress me unless it is creative and funny, and I have been here a while now, so it takes more to impress me the more cynical and older I become. It is a more subtle way of saying, "Hey baby, wanna fuck?". Just come and say "Hi" and let the conversation flow from there.

I have no idea what the problem is people have with a simple, "Hi, how are you?". Start with that and talk about stuff that makes me know that you have read my profile, make me laugh, make me smile, just generally being a nice person. I don't care if you are the Shakespeare of role play or you are a complete beginner. It is how you make me feel.

Just be yourself, be nice, read profiles, don't be pushy if someone doesn't reply quickly, don't send colds, and try not to initiate sex too fast. Personally, I get much more turned on by humour which then leads onto flirting, which then leads on to other things.

An initial "Hi" is just fine by me, it's what comes after that is of importance. :)

Are you a male avatar?  If so, general consensus is that people PM you less than if you are a female avatar.  In any case, you probably won't be overflowing with PMs initially so don't be concerned.  If you find a room with local chat and you are comfortable joining in, go for it, as local chatters are generally very appreciative and will generally be welcoming if you are new.

It's down to preference to be honest with you. I'll respond to an introductory piece of rp, especially a good one, in kind, if I'm feeling that way... but often I'll get a "hi hru" and think "oh god... here we go". But others prefer it as an introduction. Everyone is different so what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others.

In general, I think talking to people is more likely to get a reaction if the person is not already and obviously busy. Perhaps look for people who don't seem to be doing anything.

With me, you get kudos for starting with a comment about something in my profile or something about me which is not... "your sexy bb"

For me it does not matter how you start a pm, a 'Hi' is as well ok as a '/me'. It is rather annoying if you get the Impression, the one who sends you the pm is in a urge for sex, and you are one of the exchangeable objects for doing so. Even though this is a sex game, I will get closer only to People who I consider as sympathical and interesting, and to find this out, some chat is quite helpful :D. It is the attitude of agreeing that it might be that we do not have sex and that this is ok, which makes the difference. This gives me the Impression you did not approach me for "sex with anyone" but because you are interested to getting to know me.

That means, a "/me stare at your butt" is a rather weak beginning, while a "/me wonders about how many people already got lost in Zokora's Adventureworld" might be the beginning of a conversation. But still this does not mean, that the obvious consequence is sex.

"/me wonders about how many people already got lost in Zokora's Adventureworld" might be the beginning of a conversation. But still this does not mean, that the obvious consequence is sex.

Mhm... this sounds like a PowerGaming :D

Anyways I would still suggest to keep such approach in a way of PM's and try to be orginal there, obviously you know already how "Hi, how are you" things are taken. I'm a pure RP'er but draging everyone around into one "/me" could build up the same reaction "oh yeah, here we go again". We also know that not everyone is no into that (RP) thing; there always be a very slight line beatween willing to attract someone and being an "attention whore" - which is quite common in nowdays.

• 2 weeks later...

Kudos on reading profiles first, not many people do that and it saves a lot of drama for yourself.

Like many have said, it's down to personal preference and if you stick to your preferred method of initiating contact, you'll attract like minded people. It may be worth changing it up and trying different ways and seeing what has the best results. My advice: keep reading profiles! A lot of them have obvious information about the person, one of the key things is whether they are even available for you to 'pick up'. Many now, when they marry in game, enter into exclusive relationships so will not be open to a sexual advance. There's normally also information about turn ons and offs and other things like that. The longer you're in game the better you'll be at interpreting the information as sometimes it's not so obvious. But when in doubt, initiate a friendly conversation, ask about their profile and get them talking about it.. even if it doesn't lead to sex, you might end up making a really good friend.

My last bit of advice: don't be discouraged if someone gives you grief for trying to make contact. There are some who will lash out and get angry for PMing them, if this happens, close the PM and move on.

For me there isn't much wrong with saying "Hey, how are you?" people could say it is boring and I usually try to be creative as I can in my greetings but it shouldn't be much of a problem. But it annoys people because the "hi bb, u wan some fuk?" types are overflowing in 3dx compared to those who like to put in actual effort. And even then there are differences between people, it's all trial and error mate

Hi there,

I'm just speaking for myself, but I think it's a lot in here like in real life...

When you are approached by someone, you're in a good or a bad mood and your reaction is correspondingly (mine is anyway).

Which means that if I'm in a good mood but the opener isn't too brilliant (funny, original, ...), we might even get over it.

But if I'm in a bad mood and the opener is kind of boring ("Hey sexy", "Hi", "Wanna f**k ?") conversation risks to be very short.

But guys, that's part of the game !

If you're so easily discouraged then you probably aren't really interested in me. Else you'd accept my moods and try to persuade me to get to know you better :)

Kiss,

Layla

Well I have been experimenting and due to how the game is sometimes you cant be creative. Mindful or not everyone's their for one thing in those rooms ,and even if its all about colding some refuse to cold which I get I am one of them. I get bored and wander rooms for those who ask why I am in those rooms. Also I meet a lot of people in those rooms sometimes. It seems to be a big hit or miss based on factors people have for other people like ,detail, creativity,profile fullness, and avatar look to a base level of being attractive.

Its all been fifty fifty with me lately ,but the games fun. Its only my second week ,and I am getting more and more into it and meeting people ,but past that point I am merely going to keep doing my best and be friendly and hope for the best with each individual regardless how quiet, shallow, or picky they want to be.