3DXChat Community

Mulan's Musings

Guest Mulan

The craziest thing happened to me in Sin Club yesterday. I was minding my own business enjoying a peaceful Sunday and who walks in? Cinderella! It is so good to see an old Disney colleague and someone who understand the Disney struggle. To give you a simple example, Cinderella decides she wants to wear a more revealing leather number, but then the Disney bosses pop in and say, "No, no, no. You cannot wear that. It does not fit the image we are trying to portray". Alas, Cinderella found her slipper and China seems to be doing just fine, so here we both are, retired and discussing the good old days in 3DX.

In all seriousness, Cinderella seems like a lovely person, and it is always great to make new friends! :)

---

Dom - a little-known fact. Mulan's full name is Fa Sweet Mulan, so naturally, I am sweet :lol:

Epi and I will be hosting an event this coming Saturday starting at 10 pm going through to 1 am UK time. The first half will be dark country and the second half will be music from the steampunk genre! You may be put off by the "country" part, but come along, and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

Epi will be hosting and has been working on her room to get a more "steampunk" theme!

And because I am rubbish with timezones, here is something to help for those not in the UK.

bla_1486850400.png

Wow, that event seems to be on Sunday morning in Australia - I might be able to actually make it to something!

Dom - a little-known fact. Mulan's full name is Fa Sweet Mulan, so naturally, I am sweet :lol:

You sure it's not Sweet FA Mulan?  :huh:

The two are not mutually exclusive, though. You can be both controversial and sweet.

Or maybe the idea that she is sweet is in itself controversial...?

"Epi and I will be hosting an event this coming Saturday starting at 10 pm going through to 1 am UK time. The first half will be dark country and the second half will be music from the steampunk genre!"

I'm so excited. I'm literally filled with glee at how weird and awesomesauce it will be!

Sooo curious about "dark" country... Is it like "country death song" by violent femmes kinda real dark? Or rob zombie's twangy hellbillies metal stuff? Or something else completely.... Hmmm, so very curious. Also quite keen on what'cha mean by steampunk (Rasputina maybe?) Damn...Hope to be able to make it.

Zorro! Is it you?

I was trialling my outfit for the steampunk night. People are complaining about the lack of poses, but I still haven't got my damn monocle!! 1.5 years I have been waiting for my monocle Gizmo and Lisa. 1.5 frickin' years!!

*Posts a long topic about how much 3DX has gone downhill due to the lack of monocles and cancelled my subscription*

------

*5 minutes later I return to 3DX because I have no life and want to continue the good fight to get monocles on the development roadmap.*

p.s. The above is a joke, although monocles would be super cool. Am I right? And with that good sir, I bid you a good day!

flat,800x800,070,t.jpg

Sooo curious about "dark" country... Is it like "country death song" by violent femmes kinda real dark? Or rob zombie's twangy hellbillies metal stuff? Or something else completely.... Hmmm, so very curious. Also quite keen on what'cha mean by steampunk (Rasputina maybe?) Damn...Hope to be able to make it.

Here is a little taste of some dark frontier country.

New PC arrived! The best happy smug face I can pull off in 3DX.

So you did get it?  But you weren't?  And then you were?  And now you have?  

So whatchu got?

p.s. The above is a joke, although monocles would be super cool. Am I right? And with that good sir, I bid you a good day!

Monocles would be the greatest thing since cop uniform.... seriously.

So you did get it?  But you weren't?  And then you were?  And now you have?  

So whatchu got?

Monocles would be the greatest thing since cop uniform.... seriously.

I got it! Full details in a previous post :P

I think we should start a petition for the monocle!

OMFG  :lol:

I guess you really need to watch where you step.

You come into the room and just see a tunnel. Little did I know that I was travelling down a male urethra until I was ejaculated onto the stage below.

Sometimes it is just best to reflect. One of the main reasons for sticking around in this crazy world is spending time and dancing with my beautiful friends. Thanks to Mittens and LovelyBritney for the lovely company.

ACqm3OV.jpg

And then the songs get silly... :P

iufxZXU.jpg

A wordy entry today! This post is about friends!

I have been in this game for quite a while now, and I have found there are so many individuals who come, and then a few weeks later they are gone. Even so, I always try to make an effort to make people feel welcome into the game. I think older players especially can be a bit cynical like the game isn't as good as it used to be or all the right people have left. I don't think this could be further from the truth. Over time the community will inevitably change and evolve. If you do not grow with it by making new friends and accepting change, then you will become more cynical and resentful of the game and the new people in it as time passes. This is unfortunate, as I have made so many fantastic new friends since "re-inventing" myself as Mulan.

“Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.”

Even if you have a close circle of friends, step outside of your comfort zone and talk to new people. Some you will say hi and never speak again. But sometimes you find that diamond in the rough who could one day become your best friend and that is what makes it all worth it (EDIT: friends who are overly critical, about everything, and not in a fair and non-judgemental manner - thanks Epi!). While I do stay in the game for my current friends, I am always hopeful and the eternal optimist that I will make new friends who will one day become someone who will become a potential best friend.

As time passed, I became a bit lazy, not speaking to my old friends as much as I could. With Mulan it has been great reconnecting with old friends. Sometimes you get in a relationship and for whatever reason, whether through association with that person or the strange reasoning that because of some crazy thought process you figured that this person probably wouldn't like you, so you never strike up a conversation, and they end up being quite enjoyable.

I have been in this game for quite a while now, and I have found there are so many individuals who come, and then a few weeks later they are gone. Even so, I always try to make an effort to make people feel welcome into the game. It is a great feeling when people experience their first party or come and experience a real conversation which in turn leads to making new friends.

There are also friends that do leave, who you do lose contact with. There are friends who are clingy. The friends who will get jealous if they see you with other people like you owe them something. Everyone needs their space, and you don't owe anyone anything. Another issue I have found is putting a list of your closest friends on your profile. On the one hand, I am proud of my closest friends. However, there is the occasional person who will complain that they are not on the list, sometimes in jest, other times they get quite upset and even remove me as a friend completely and ignore me as a result. I am not sure whether it would just be easier to delete this list or not? Is it useful to identify the clingy people early on? One of my friends says, as soon as she detects intense jealousy and clinginess, they are gone, like a virus that quickly spreads. I am not as brutal as that, but given my experience over the past year or two in real life, I have been more conscious about removing the people from my life who I cannot satisfy. Life is limited, so be with the people who love and respect you.

“Never idealise others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyse your relationships. Stop playing games. Genuineness can only nurture a growing relationship.“

To summarise. Be open to making new friends; they are your future best friends. Cherish your current and closest of friends, they are your very reason for being here and will be there for you in your darkest hours and happiest memories. Cut "friends" from your life who regularly criticise, who are clingy, who claim ownership of you with unhealthy jealousy and making you always feel guilty and on edge. 

Edited by Mulan

Cut "friends" from your life who regularly criticise

I think maybe this point needs a lot more qualification. A friend should be able to be honest and to criticise you without fear of getting the chop. In fact it is dangerous to surround yourself with sycophants. I suspect you mean friends who are overly critical, about everything, and not in a fair and non-judgemental manner.

Uh-ohh... I'm off the list now?

I think maybe this point needs a lot more qualification. A friend should be able to be honest and to criticise you without fear of getting the chop. In fact it is dangerous to surround yourself with sycophants. I suspect you mean friends who are overly critical, about everything, and not in a fair and non-judgemental manner.

Uh-ohh... I'm off the list now?

You are right. There is nothing wrong with being challenged, in fact, I welcome people to question my viewpoints and sanity. I think we need those people in out life that will not agree with everything you say and keep you honest, with an open mind, non-judgemental, seeing the world from a different perspective, and sometimes accepting that you may be wrong.

Yes, I mean friends who are overly critical. I edited the original post to clarify.