3DXChat Community

Could there be a way to see which avatars are still in use/ the player is still around?

Nate/Dev/Leo

I was wondering if there could somehow be a way for us to know if an someones' avatar is still being used, by that I mean like if they still come online as that avatar. I've been a member for over a year and its frustrating to have so may people on my friends list that I don't see online and it can take months to realize its because they quit the game or or waiting to resubscribe. Anyways, what I was thinking was for a way for there to be something on the profiles that shows when an offline person was last online so that it would be possible to have a general idea if they are still around. 

I could be so wrong about this, but I'm assuming if someone cancelled and left the game, their name would just automatically disappear from my friends list. That would seem to make sense, anyways.

ChiK73,

Unless they delete the avi, said person still holds the right to the name and no one else can use said name.

Until they delete the avi they will still appear on you friends list.

I have a person on my friend list at the moment. Their account has been cancelled, but when I go into the profile to delete it everything is blank with no option to delete. If I then go into another one of my friends profile it also becomes blank, nor can I click on anyone's profile in game. The only way to get things back along with my own profile description is to log off and back on again.

I have found that when I clicked on a friend's name on my list, I got a message that they are no longer a member... and if they deleted the Avi it will be removed from your list or a message (I have seen both happen)... SO... the list will update itself...

oxox

Terri

I agree not knowing if someone on your contact list (you can call it friend list also depends on the rules you have to add someone inside ;) ) is frustrating.

Well, in a general way, I think making public the information of when you have last connected your char and/or if your subscirption is alive or not includes some confidentiality aspect. Some people don't care, other consider they don't want to receive questions like "Hey I saw you were connected such a day why have you not contacted me .....".

A function that maybe all people don't know is that you can pm someone even if he is not online. He will read your message when he comes back. Then he will decide to answer or not.

So if you pm a contact and if 1 day-week-month (choose your time :D ) after he doesn't answer you, you can decide more easily to remove him/her or not.

My 2 cents.

People come and go.... Why will you remove them if no more members? They might come back. About the last connection, I can imagine the dramas... Aren"t there enough dramas?

Exactly that's the reason why a "Last Active" notify would be helpful :D

I like it tidiness and I clean up periodic my Friend lists and try to remove all "dead" unused friends for a better overview.

For example: I know a lot ppl with new account... The reasons are different, some had dramas etc...

drama is like wine, the more it ages, the better it tastes on ones lips

Yes ... which is the exact opposite ... of something that I taste from time to time in this world .....   :wub:           /me *look for the exit door*

But remember something RobT, whatever the age ..... French wine is by far the best         /me *take a shield to avoid tomatoes shoot*

Think it would be a good idea to have a notification of an avatar's last appearance in game, might help sorting your list...

I also loved the little "show offline" button in rlc or even in Skype.

Sometimes you just want to change outfit, listen to some music or talk to someone in particular without having chatboxes and invites popping up all the time... just saying ;) 

Kiss, Sandie xxx