3DXChat Community

[Tutorial] How to use the Forum Ignore System

Chilles

Hey all :)

I want to write this topic to help some users to find more peace in our Forum! I hope it's some helpful to enjoy the Forum without some unwanted Status Updates, Posts and Private Messages.
The Forum Ignore System works similar like the In-Game Ignore system and with them is it possible to ignore some unwanted people very easily  B)
After the disabling of the useless User-Rating Stars and with some helpful settings with the Forum Ignoring should there be no way for bullying anywhere but of course will this only work if people want it.

How you can Ignore someone?

On the right side top with an click on your name is a Dropdown menu and behind this menu you will see the link
Ignored Users - click it...

You will see now this field:

10-09-_2019_22-17-40.jpg

Now you don't need see unwanted things again of someone  :)

Unfortunate will this not work for unwanted Status Updates but with some clicks is it possible to see only Status updates of your friends and following Users ;)

How you can see only friend Status Updates?

1.) Create a new Stream

2.) How your Settings could look

10-09-_2019_22-37-44.jpg

3.) How you can find this new personal stream

10-09-_2019_22-44-29.jpg

4.) More personal Settings

with this Drop-down Boxes are more personal Settings possible...

10-09-_2019_22-49-46.jpg

I agree, some more settings like the In-Game Ignore system would be cool but for now are this settings a bit helpful to enjoy the Community without useless Fights and Dramas :)

Edited by Chilles
Updated for the new Forum

screw that, i like useless fights and drama. if that was gone i would have to have sex or something, gross

It definitely is entertaining watching random drama unfold in 3DX. If there is no drama I will no longer get to say profoundly controversial or witty things to appear like the voice of reason.

Well I was in the past weeks not sure are this settings known ^^ :lol:

screw that, i like useless fights and drama. if that was gone i would have to have sex or something, gross

Awww, sorry my mistake :huh:

You could report the Topic about...

2.08. Discussion on or linking to game cheats, game hacks, Trojan horses, or malicious programs is prohibited. If you suspect did a cheat or hack exists, Provide the Necessary Information to Technical Support.

2.12. Any kind of provocations for other players to violate the EULA as well as additions to it is prohibited.

Maybe they remove it ^^ :lol:

And before you ask: Can that person still comment in your threads: Yes

Of course because all Topics are public written in a public forum but you don't need see this comments anymore :)

For this are Forums there to write and discuss public with everyone...

For private and not public topics would to be a PM or Email the better choice ^^

Of course because all Topics are public written in a public forum but you don't need see this comments anymore :)

For this are Forums there to write and discuss public with everyone...

For private and not public topics would to be a PM or Email the better choice ^^

First of all I heavily use blocking in the forum... it is not that hidden feature  :)

PM ist not possible with a blocked person, thats missing as a feature.

Why not give a user starting a topic the right to moderate it? That would make the live much easier, instead of reacting provocating comments can be just deleted. And no, thats no censorship :)

All threads inside the user diary section for example are no public discussion threads.

PM ist not possible with a blocked person, thats missing as a feature.

:huh: Exactly that is the feature and then work this correct ^^

Why not give a user starting a topic the right to moderate it? That would make the live much easier, instead of reacting provocating comments can be just deleted. And no, thats no censorship :)

All threads inside the user diary section for example are no public discussion threads.

I'm sure things like this are possible but then we need a new name because Forum is then the wrong description.

Personal I know no public Forum where you get the right of self moderating by own started topics!

The kind of self moderating of own started topics would be also very questionable because it's very easy to abuse this medium :)

In my opinion works this Ignore system good when both parts of the enemies use it!

For Status updates would more Ignore settings be cool, I agree!

:huh: Exactly that is the feature and then work this correct ^^

I'm sure things like this are possible but then we need a new name because Forum is then the wrong description.

Personal I know no public Forum where you get the right of self moderating by own started topics!

The kind of self moderating of own started topics would be also very questionable because it's very easy to abuse this medium :)

In my opinion works this Ignore system good when both parts of the enemies use it!

For Status updates would more Ignore settings be cool, I agree!

The User Diary section is, like the name says, more like a blog. And a blog starter normally have moderation rights. Can't see how this intersects with the spirit of an open forum. 

Maybe just restrict it to this section if it is possible. And how this can be misused? There is still the report function if someone misuse it's diary for harassment.

In  my opinion many ppl wait for drama, and they feel not good without.

If there is no reason for a drama, they devise a reason. 

It is lied and manipulated with countless avatars, just to invent a new drama. 

Nice day for all of you ♥♥♥♥♥

Kisses Sascha

The User Diary section is, like the name says, more like a blog. And a blog starter normally have moderation rights. Can't see how this intersects with the spirit of an open forum.

Maybe just restrict it to this section if it is possible. And how this can be misused? There is still the report function if someone misuse it's diary for harassment.

For the Diary would this be useful I agree, if ppl use it only for her Diarys and not for provocation and trolling :)

In a true Diary have also the owners the possibility to report unwanted comments with the wish for remove!

In  my opinion many ppl wait for drama, and they feel not good without.

If there is no reason for a drama, they devise a reason. 

It is lied and manipulated with countless avatars, just to invent a new drama. 

Nice day for all of you ♥♥♥♥♥

Kisses Sascha

Well I think this too^^  :)

Every discussion about improving the forum or protecting it's members is useless, as long as idiots are allowed to create countless forum accounts. It's like fighting against Hydra.

Well everyone is a member with the same rights and I think more as the half of all Forum Members have more as one Account.

There is no way to limit Accounts in a Public Forum.

For a Account Limit is a closed board needed and then is it possible to give all paying members one Access but this will also not Fix the problem because many many Members use also Multiple In-Game Accounts :)

Well everyone is a member with the same rights and I think more as the half of all Forum Members have more as one Account.

There is no way to limit Accounts in a Public Forum.

For a Account Limit is a closed board needed and then is it possible to give all paying members one Access but this will also not Fix the problem because many many Members use also Multiple In-Game Accounts :)

This is probably why some plattform/game forums have dedicated member sections :) No full membership then no access.

We are in 2017 and could be done. Question is only if it wants to be done and I agree that this would mean some/maybe a lot of work.

This is probably why some plattform/game forums have dedicated member sections :) No full membership then no access.

We are in 2017 and could be done. Question is only if it wants to be done and I agree that this would mean some/maybe a lot of work.

As I said, would this Fix the problem? I don't think so...

Because when all Accounts get an access we would have still Multiple Forum and In-game Accounts :)

About this would a closed board useless and I think also a bit unwanted by the Developers because the Public Forum is also a advertising medium.

Because when all Accounts get an access we would have still Multiple Forum and In-game Accounts :)

About this would a closed board useless and I think also a bit unwanted by the Developers because the Public Forum is also a advertising medium.

True but would limit the pure fake accounts, wouldn't it? Currently all it takes is an email adress. If I cannot get 100% I maybe should try to at least approach to that 100% ;)

Second is another story. Might be not the best idea to mix things up. And btw. not too sure if forum in current state and with current dramas going on is best for advertisement ;)