3DXChat Community

3DXChat Snapshot Contest - January 2017

Tauri

Oh, wow! :wub:

Thank you very much to everyone who voted for me. I really didn't expect this...But I'm so glad you liked my idea I shared with you. Thank you Tauri for organization this process - it is really good stuff you do. :rolleyes: 

Thank you everyone one more time :wub:  I am a little bit shocked to be honest, it is my first win in Contest ^.^

Note to all men entering this contest....

Hey guys, we are getting our assess kicked. Pick up your cocks and lets get better picks entered. :D

We can't have the ladies enjoy all the spoils.

Then again maybe not. Some winners really are guys.

Does that count as a point for men? :)

Giggles

Now, that's the right spirit!!!

great post, Matrix! I'm looking forward to seeing more guys enter this contest !

Or, come to think of it, ...girls behind male avis ?  :D  :D  :D 

Then we need judges with a better taste *grins*

Nah people, im not salty, im actually quite calm. And I meant every word I said. Just observing and analysing techniques and giving my opinion. The results are crappy, like they have been other times before. You think its hatefull? How is my post hatefull exactly? That I said that and that pic should have won over this and this one? MY OPINION is hatefull? My opinion is my taste and my perception, my way of seeing things and it makes you think its hatefull? You have issues if you cant accept someone else's opinion being against yours. Is like going to the movies and ditch someone if they tell you they think the main actor was a crappy choice, it should have been someone else.

And if you come and tell me I shouldnt voice my opinion, here or elsewhere or the way I want.. while this forum (like in every forum) and the game is full of people giving up their opinion when and where they want, and have others defending or fighting it wether it agrees with them or not... well, think about your morals first, then mine ;)

Only thing you can correct me about, is the non edited pics deal.. Should have said it more like this: Anaganda's pic is far from not being edited. That it won, great cause its a great picture. That it won under non edited, not great. No, its not about cheating, is about perspective, the people were just mistaking their entries as non edited. Some were less edited than others. Anaganda's pic is edited. Fact. Look at what it was the lighting, a friggin candle that doesnt exist in the game, and the light sourse as a whole, and more details and tell me its not an edited pic. But yeah, I dont think they went and were all like: "oooh, I edited it but I will put the title non edited over it, hehehe, im so badass!" rubbing their hands together, like a villain. Was a thing of perspective, nothing more.
As for what is edited or not, why people misstook their entries as non edited, in a false judgement or not be left aside... ah yes, the wonderfull rules. To be honest with you, I actually forgot about those when I was typing, sue me. But even now, reading them again, doesnt change the fact that they are crap.. TO ME.. MY OPINION. Making a picture smaller, crop it a little, sure, go for it. But lighting and filter, is editing. And now you can read the rest of MY OPINION to the editing or not in the post i made before that got you all so itchy :P

And why would Tauri stop doing the contest, cause I voiced my opinion? The world would be a very sad place if things worked like that ;)

+1 to what Kricky said.

Of course, there's a candle in 3dx! Are you sure you know what you're talking about at all ?

And, Amante, if you don't like Tauri's rules, why don't you start your own contest and implement your own rules? Come to think of it: if you think the rules are crap then why the hell did you join in the first place ???

Finally, about your opinion: yes, ofc you can speak your mind. It's not that you do it, it's how you do it. Charming like a sledgehammer. If you like yourself in that pose, well, it's entirely your own business.

Only thing you can correct me about, is the non edited pics deal.. Should have said it more like this: Anaganda's pic is far from not being edited. That it won, great cause its a great picture. That it won under non edited, not great. No, its not about cheating, is about perspective, the people were just mistaking their entries as non edited. Some were less edited than others. Anaganda's pic is edited. Fact. Look at what it was the lighting, a friggin candle that doesnt exist in the game, and the light sourse as a whole, and more details and tell me its not an edited pic.

hl4lAE6.png

Untouched pic  :D  ohhh look look, the "friggin" candle does exist, light source is still the same aaaaaaand details are the same... 

You gonna claim that this is edited too? :)  take a walk to the saloon and check the bed that's up the stairs, but awww I guess you don't play anymore!

I know what the rules are for unedited pics, you wanna accuse my pic of breaking those rules! fine that's your thing, have fun at it.

But yeah, I am sorry that your pic didn't win, Amante!

hl4lAE6.png

Untouched pic  :D  ohhh look look, the "friggin" candle does exist, light source is still the same aaaaaaand details are the same... 

You gonna claim that this is edited too? :)  take a walk to the saloon and check the bed that's up the stairs, but awww I guess you don't play anymore!

I know what the rules are for unedited pics, you wanna accuse my pic of breaking those rules! fine that's your thing, have fun at it.

But yeah, I am sorry that your pic didn't win, Amante!

OK so not griping here too much, but I'm confused how this pic won over mine, when this in the untouched category is obviously been softened, <lighting> and when my pic had more likes?  Just wondering how the voting was done? 

All the pics were really good this time, and some were VERY good. This pic above is very nice also... Just a little confused as too how the winners were picked.

M.

fXss7dS.jpg

Morry, the rules allow alteration up to a certain point. See post #1.

The likes per pic are nice and highly appreciated, but the decision is made by the judges alone, AFAIK.

The reason for this is the fact, that likes are usually balanced. A 3dx Celebrity like your sweet self is likely to get more likes than a 3dx newbee not known to anybody :-)

OK so not griping here too much, but I'm confused how this pic won over mine, when this in the untouched category is obviously been softened, <lighting> and when my pic had more likes?  Just wondering how the voting was done? 

All the pics were really good this time, and some were VERY good. This pic above is very nice also... Just a little confused as too how the winners were picked.

M.

Voting has been better explained in the february contest topic, it was the same for January but if you dont understand how its done id recommend heading over to the new thread to have a look. Likes were taken out since its much less fair than the new system, which still isnt perfect, but atleast its better

Also... I am not by an stretch a pro photographer or anything ... there's a big difference between a touched photo and edited one.. and Gamma can correct me on this.

Touching a photo is when you fiddle with lighting, colors, softening or anything of that... just some touches to enhance an already good photo and give it an extra bit.

Editing a photo however, is when you add or remove elements from a picture itself, stuff that changes the structure of the photo.

The rule clearly stated <unedited> not <untouched>, it even explains what that means between brackets!

Now I think that non of us is a pro, judges or participants... at the end of the day this contest at heart is about having fun and giving people a motive to share their talents, in a friendly and fun way.

A pic winning doesn't mean that it's better than the rest, be it mine or anybody else's, here or even at professional level contests... some will always believe that his/her pic is the best, as was said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... the only thing that gets a perfect score is always nature itself... anything else no matter how good it's will never ever get there.

Thanks.

Ana.

1. Sweetheart, if you dont like how i talk or type, well, then dont, thats your problem, not mine.
And you're of course allowed to not to like it, like im allowed to talk how I want :)
Cheers *gives you a cookie*

2. The cheating situation: Stop using your asses as hats and read again what I said. I never thought anyone is cheating, I do think the rules suck though. If someone followed them and thought is fine, yeah, thats not cheating. Overdoing it with the "touching" and noone caring about it and not suggesting maybe another pic with less "touching"? Yeah, thats sucks.
As for the candle. Is it in alex's hack? If so, yes, i never seen it besides on the table in the saloon and only today on a pic, never before, cuz the saloon sucks donkey dick. Does it still snow there btw or did they finaly let the desert be desert?

3. Im not pouting my lovelies, I just think its amusing how crappy pictures win and pics with work, fantasy and/or effort dont. My own pic was never meant to be a winning pic, I even said so when I posted it. The theme was pics we would like to show and I did, cuz it has some certain value to me. And when I entered christmas was because I was told to for my apparently amusing pics and if you ask me, yeah, they were :P So, thanks for the lolli but not needed, give it to the kids who cant take someone's opinion if its not the same to theirs or getting pissed for someone saying their pic is crappy and others should have won(and I actually voiced who i think should have won and it wasnt me) and not theirs ;)

4. Ok deal, let me be a judge and you can trust me to be objective. I dont favor anyone, I hate everyone of you equally *grins*
/me would like to point out that she named a person's pic to win even though shes doesnt like that bitch at all, because it was a really good picture in her opinion

All in all, I like the contest and I think its cool that Tauri puts that effort in it, thats not the issue here, by far not, like you bumhurt people like to think. Its just that some things are wrong in my opinion or of others and when you point them out lot of vajayjays get itchy. Cause im not overly polite and/or ladylike? Read about the problem, instead of caring about the tone I type in. I like how people like to get offended just to be offended, like its a personal thing :) You not gonna eat breakfast or go to work cause I used another tone than you or used a verbal Sledgehammer (I actually liked that, thx Gammah :D)? No, you will. So whats the issue exactly? Reminds me of the time some dude was roleplaying a very cutesy, mimosa like chick, and got offended cuz i said "/me slaps asses randomly" in WC, cause "im a lady! dont touch me" and was offended, while being idle and not even talking in wc. Yeah, fuk u buddy.. But it happens allover the forum and in WC. Not a big surprise there *leans back, drinking her tea*.

Edited by me: Actually, correction. No picture was crappy. But some pics were better than others, or even much better, so some of those that won shouldnt have, IN MY OPINION. So, to go baaaaaaaaaack to my original Issue/question: What does make the judges decide for certain pictures and not for others? I would like to know what triggers them to say, this one or this one. Id be very curious. Wouldnt you be? The guys who won, didnt you see a pic and thought its amazing, but someone else won(yourself excluded in this case obviously)? Didnt you think "Hmm, why this one and not this one"? Werent you even for a second curious to know what made the judges decide the way they did? Maybe you didnt, maybe im the only person in the world who thought that ;) And no, I dont expect the judges to come out and say "this and this", im just curious. Thats all. Peace out.

Edited by AmanteBish

• 4 weeks later...