3DXChat Community

Are there still RP people out there?

meilyn

Making a user room just doesn't cut it for a number of reasons, the main being it relies on them being online, and there's the problem of people knowing its even there. Much better to have an official map for it.

And that /say argument has no basis at all. its been used for years in just about every mmo, and you're far more likely to find disruptive players in the mmo environment than here. and its easy for players to nullify anyway, as it takes a couple of seconds to simply ignore any troll that annoys you. And as for others seeing it, its no different to how it works now, its just another tab, you choose to look at or don't.

No offence, but you have no idea what you're talking about here, and it seems you're arguing for the sake of it, as nothing you've said makes any sense at all.

- that's exactly what you call "have no idea" here, heh.

It doesn't... but you will not have XX - Dimension RP going on with the people who came there with some mere RP and that's the main problem here - no doubt about it. Just like mentioning that /say has no basis at all. It is used for years and it's quite common thing but not around those areas and not with this player mentality. As long as there's no knowledge in those terms going on (RP-wise) and there is an ignore button that cut off anyone who's willing to RP in those future locations; this idea has no future and place. I'm not saing that it's all pointless and it is a roadblock for us who would like to see some RP, but this fact makes me think of who's more of a "troll"; those who enter those rooms and aren't RP'ing, leaving you with to answer, no RP response, PG & GodModding (and/or in worst case ignore) or those who hung on your PM's for any other reason.

- that's exactly what you call "have no idea" here, heh.

It doesn't... but you will not have XX - Dimension RP going on with the people who came there with some mere RP and that's the main problem here - no doubt about it. Just like mentioning that /say has no basis at all. It is used for years and it's quite common thing but not around those areas and not with this player mentality. As long as there's no knowledge in those terms going on (RP-wise) and there is an ignore button that cut off anyone who's willing to RP in those future locations; this idea has no future and place. I'm not saing that it's all pointless and it is a roadblock for us who would like to see some RP, but this fact makes me think of who's more of a "troll"; those who enter those rooms and aren't RP'ing, leaving you with to answer, no RP response, PG & GodModding (and/or in worst case ignore) or those who hung on your PM's for any other reason.

You're not a native english speaker Chikan? Anyway, I think I can finally see what you're talking about now. You're saying that because the game is not star wars-(insert any game), that people don't come for roleplay here? And that its not worth adding in features for roleplayers because of that? That's basically the vibe I'm getting from your posts?

I think you're wrong, Now granted i've only been here 3 months, but the shear number of people just I've seen come and then leave in that time has been staggering, with them saying to me the limiting role play opportunities as being the number one factor in their decisions. 

I'll list a few key points:

1: RP'ers and non RP'ers can coexist without any problems, they do so now in every other game on the market.

2: People who are just pose clickers will gravitate to no-chat rooms, just as they always have.

3: /say is needed for persistent RP, it allows for passersby to join in the conversations, for example, sally is playing a coffee shop owner, and she is in convo with a customer as I walk up, and because of /say, i can hear them talking and wait for the right moment to interject my order, or can even join in the convo depending on the nature of it, then the next day I go down there, I see her again, this time, she talks about someone she met and so it goes, a persistent world.. Where relationships can be built over time ICly, some that may lead to romance and others, friendship.

Now I know this is possible to do now, but its such a contorted affair to achieve that most will just leave in frustration, as they have been. 

4: This is not changing the focus of the game development, just simply adding to it to make it capture more long term players, which I'm sure the management would love, and hopefully in turn using the extra funding to expand the game with more poses, music and building options and everything that all the types of players will enjoy.

5: The churn rate(new people coming into the game Vs people leaving) is staggering and not sustainable in my opinion. Role players are generally long term players.

You're not a native english speaker Chikan? Anyway, I think I can finally see what you're talking about now. You're saying that because the game is not star wars-(insert any game), that people don't come for roleplay here? And that its not worth adding in features for roleplayers because of that? That's basically the vibe I'm getting from your posts?

I think you're wrong, Now granted i've only been here 3 months, but the shear number of people just I've seen come and then leave in that time has been staggering, with them saying to me the limiting role play opportunities as being the number one factor in their decisions. 

1: RP'ers and non RP'ers can coexist without any problems, they do so now in every other game on the market.

2: People who are just pose clickers will gravitate to no-chat rooms, just as they always have.

3: /say is needed for persistent RP, it allows for passersby to join in the conversations, for example, sally is playing a coffee shop owner, and she is in convo with a customer as I walk up, and because of /say, i can hear them talking and wait for the right moment to interject my order, or can even join in the convo depending on the nature of it, then the next day I go down there, I see her again, this time, she talks about someone she met and so it goes, a persistent world.. Where relationships can be built over time ICly, some that may lead to romance and others, friendship.

Now I know this is possible to do now, but its such a contorted affair to achieve that most will just leave in frustration, as they have been. 

4: This is not changing the focus of the game development, just simply adding to it to make it capture more long term players, which I'm sure the management would love, and hopefully in turn using the extra funding to expand the game with more poses, music and building options and everything that all the types of players will enjoy.

5: The churn rate(new people coming into the game Vs people leaving) is staggering and not sustainable in my opinion. Role players are generally long term players.

Agree, especially with 3.

When RP going in common areas, where everyone can jump in- RP community grows

Have to be honest think biggest issue i see with a public RP location, would not really be catfish as much as it would be. If nothing interesting is happening for a while, would any RPers really care to sit and wait for anyone to show up in the half or empty room. Right now i am not really sure there enough RPers around that you would consistently have people coming there, especially when you have time zone difference creating gaps too between users here.

But that is just my personal thoughts on the subject, that said i would make easier if RPers showed there regularly to find some. But if i were to suggest something i think making profile search functions and in add like form or something. Where you could post i would like to so this or that, then other who look for instance RP tag could see it and contact you in a PM. But not sure what really work, i guess would be smart to test before including anything at any rates i guess.

EDIT: That said i think if a sort search function for interest were to be included, i think it should be primarily for Niche interest like BDSM and RP plus fetishes. Think if it worked intensively most would just sit using it to booty call others and nobody would go to public zones or user rooms. If location were to be made i think better to make location that represent fantasizes, like The Office, Doctors, Class room etc that can be interest to both regular users and RPers a like. But would make it easier to know certain places might be hot spots where you find other RPers.

Have to be honest think biggest issue i see with a public RP location, would not really be catfish as much as it would be. If nothing interesting is happening for a while, would any RPers really care to sit and wait for anyone to show up in the half or empty room. Right now i am not really sure there enough RPers around that you would consistently have people coming there, especially when you have time zone difference creating gaps too between users here.

But that is just my personal thoughts on the subject, that said i would make easier if RPers showed there regularly to find some. But if i were to suggest something i think making profile search functions and in add like form or something. Where you could post i would like to so this or that, then other who look for instance RP tag could see it and contact you in a PM. But not sure what really work, i guess would be smart to test before including anything at any rates i guess.

EDIT: That said i think if a sort search function for interest were to be included, i think it should be primarily for Niche interest like BDSM and RP plus fetishes. Think if it worked intensively most would just sit using it to booty call others and nobody would go to public zones or user rooms. If location were to be made i think better to make location that represent fantasizes, like The Office, Doctors, Class room etc that can be interest to both regular users and RPers a like. But would make it easier to know certain places might be hot spots where you find other RPers.

That's the point Kimmy, because the game in its current state is not RP friendly, many RPers are not hanging around.

Its impossible to say just how popular such a feature would be, but its also impossible to say it wouldn't be popular because of the lack of RP happening at the moment, its like a paradox or catch 22.

I can only go off the people that I spoke to during these last 3 months, myself having an RP profile meant I did attract like minded people for conversations, and the more keen they were for some open world RP the less likely they were to stay.

The way I see it, is there's an opportunity to tap into another market that the game does not cater to in its current state, and being that the saloon map cost $25 to buy, I seriously cant see something that would suit the needs, cost too much money.

EDIT: On the front page there is this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38412 for $165 

I'm always leaving this part for your own interpretation, forcing the reader to think, just a little bit. I mean something totally opposite... If you're thinking that way you must be wrong... but I feel like it's not about being 'wrong' or 'right' here.

I've been making RP happen in the games that never meant to be considered as one, adding simple verbs, mapping and iconing.

I would say: "YES" to everything and spit on "3:" - you're getting triggered so much at this point. It would take only a tiny bit of effort but would change the game at some point, pushing more or less players into RP. Sadly enough for those people who want to make it happen. This sort of thing will have another log left on the road; people who don't like any sort of relations. I know that you will say that it's "just about RP" but it also stands there as one of the reasons. You mentioned the nice example of how it will look like with the /say verb implied but because of those open interactions people will be - or try - traveling through many dimensions. What I mean by that is that some of the players will not like to involve multiple players in their actions at once, neglect the others actions throw at them and do not follow any sort of relations at all. People who actually "RP" here aren't that open, that's the brutal true about it but I do agree that RP'er is a guarantee of keeping the player for much longer.

I'm always leaving this part for your own interpretation, forcing the reader to think, just a little bit. I mean something totally opposite... If you're thinking that way you must be wrong... but I feel like it's not about being 'wrong' or 'right' here.

I've been making RP happen in the games that never meant to be considered as one, adding simple verbs, mapping and iconing.

I would say: "YES" to everything and spit on "3:" - you're getting triggered so much at this point. It would take only a tiny bit of effort but would change the game at some point, pushing more or less players into RP. Sadly enough for those people who want to make it happen. This sort of thing will have another log left on the road; people who don't like any sort of relations. I know that you will say that it's "just about RP" but it also stands there as one of the reasons. You mentioned the nice example of how it will look like with the /say verb implied but because of those open interactions people will be - or try - traveling through many dimensions. What I mean by that is that some of the players will not like to involve multiple players in their actions at once, neglect the others actions throw at them and do not follow any sort of relations at all. People who actually "RP" here aren't that open, that's the brutal true about it but I do agree that RP'er is a guarantee of keeping the player for much longer.

You bring up some interesting points Chikan.

Firstly, changes are not meant to lure or force others into rp that are not currently doing it, its to facilitate it for roleplayers.

Your main contention seems to be the /say or area chat. Sure, not everyone plays that way, nor wants to include others in all their scenarios, I am of the same mind, as something sensitive or very personal will often be left for behind closed doors, but for general banter and intros, I and many others have no problem with sharing what we are talking about as it builds a sense of community, just like these forums do. I do agree that the current club maps wouldn't be very conducive for /say because of the cramped conditions, and its why I suggested a small city/town area along with /say for it to work, as one or the other by itself does not address the lack of roleplay support this game suffers.

Everything does not happen in /say, its for the meeting, greeting and general everyday chats.. If people form a relationship from that, they may want to go to one of the existing clubs, then maybe to one of their homes after that. It all works together with the existing platform in place.

It all comes down to choice, to participate or not in the area chat, or the RP. Adding a town setting along with /say does not affect the current game in any way, and people not interested in either will see no difference at all to the way they currently play. As I said in my opening post, there is no downside to this, only a chance to build a bigger and more stable player base.

That one things i would enjoy if it was possible to make a good location spot, ability meet RPers with more into talk like RP. Then either go private or to group chat room later if you're more, while i have and still enjoy opening public rooms to try find or start some RP. That often present problems too, that you sometimes start RP with someone who doesn't wish to include others. Have situations because room tourist where you try be inclusive but end losing some time, forward once you already started RPing with. In order to include another person into where we at or whats going on, then can be super frustrating if they just leave out the blue. Suspect it's big part of why there not always as much including in RP rooms if two are already RPing, since can often end being a lot of wasted energy on people just leaving or being unresponsive.

Typically if i open a room to RP i open wait with including extra into RP unless they, initiate a RP dialog simply because the amount of room tourist coming. Writing a line may not seem as much in itself, but if you have 8-10 room tourist in about 5-10 minute it's a lot of wasted energy and focus on your current RP partner, if they just leave 30 seconds later.

EDIT: Have a suggestion that community band together, make Roleplay introduction rooms. For new ones to try out roleplay, but also maybe to clarify for those who intrepid Descriptive Sex to be roleplay to have a better understand of it. Think it might work in sense more might be willing to try it out if they don't have to feel the pressure, of how successfull they need to be in a introduction room but can ease into it at their own pace.

EDIT: Have a suggestion that community band together, make Roleplay introduction rooms. For new ones to try out roleplay, but also maybe to clarify for those who intrepid Descriptive Sex to be roleplay to have a better understand of it. Think it might work in sense more might be willing to try it out if they don't have to feel the pressure, of how successfull they need to be in a introduction room but can ease into it at their own pace.

What you describe is somewhat like what the people from Kinkster have crafted (albeit not in game):

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4735-kinkhub-social-network-for-3dxchat-roleplayers/?hl=kinkhub

Haven't tried this for myself, but in general this might be a good place to identify interesting people.

For the rest, the rooms, I agree, I could think of a permanent "RP lobby" where role players meet and greet and make up their scenarios. Trivial to create, but not so trivial to sustain (ie keep open 24/7).

But no matter what the community crafts, the game still lacks essential features, like "/say" mentioned above and well, the devs very probably won't give a sh*t about this. Maybe FT with her new "Project Life" will do better in that regards.

Hey Darren (and everyone else),

we're deffinitely doing our best to hype and support the RP in 3Dx. Even though the 3Dx devs are aweful slow I'm sure they're doing there best too! I agree that this silly VR is merely a marketing thing since hardly anyone will use it and they should rather focus on their playing and paying customers. It's how it is though and will be done soon anyway. I bet the flow of updates will be way better now that those huge changes with the engine and VR/Gamepad are done.

However, no matter how much support we or anyone else might give, the first and most important step into the world of RP has to be done by oneself. Just give it a try! :)

All the best and some awesome fun,

Nevah

• 3 weeks later...

*high fives Athena*

Bullet in the panties! YAY!

err..what panties? I hardly ever wear them..

How else can you walk down the street masturbating and no one knows. Egg has a wireless remote control..

I didn't go as far as getting the app/internet driven one that allows you to control someone elses egg. Make you gf cum from across the world.

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi!

As you may know or not know ;) I am a long term player of 3dx.

In the last weeks I found my mood (back) to create a RP ava and try different roles with it.

Pictures to express my role are taken from internet, I state in RP avis profile it is a RP alt ava and that the pics are from internet to help me and you to imagine the role.

I post my background story there (for role playings sake) in the profile. And I state that this ava will change its role fitting to mood and is nothing to enfriend, cause it will change character quickly.

Well, the responses were very poor.

First I was ignored long time and then I was approached by several people who didnt read the profile and called me a liar when I told them that I am not real (in the sense that I play a role in my alt avi).

Well, beside that i want to whimper and whine a bit here ( *giggles* ;) ) I want to post the question if role playing is so mega out here in 3dx nowadays? 

I did this a over a year ago also when I was in mood and it worked very well. I also saw much more obvious RP background stories in profiles back then running around in world.

Many stories were not really statet directly in profile as being a RP, but - come on - if one reads about naive college girl who has to earn her money for her room or if one reads about a milf teacher in search for students or a 2 metres tall BBC with anime pictures in profile then you know it is roleplay, dont you? 

Sometimes I got the impression this got all too much real and serious here in 3dx?

Greets, mei :)

Going back to the original post and I know Im late to the party on this one, but Ive always been a roleplayer at heart its what I find more fulfilling whether just as deescription or as an actual role. Id always love to see more of it, but each to their own of course

Breathtakingly down to earth though, I'd imagine more gentlemen callers knocking at my door asking for a cup of sugar, knowing perfectly well that I may, or may not give said cup of sugar without that enticing story; that meaningful, provocative thought that sends me down that familiar path that sparks my body ablaze with that familiar feeling, my hands cupped on my chest as I breathe in deep, my thighs quivering with certain anticipation— wondering, pondering if that same kind of mind exists out there who not only can share the same deep thoughts and yearnings as my own, but can also transcend that barrier of the norm, longing to feel my touch, to hear my whisper, to share in my mood, to imagine the way I do...

*sigh* They call me Ms. Curves, the one who's always up to no good teasing the boys as they walk past my house to first period class in high school, flaunting these traits I'm alluringly cursed with as I trim my bush, water my grass, passing the time away, wondering what's on their minds...♥

• 3 months later...