3DXChat Community

Close down world chat

jimmy

i have no idea who your talking about i don't have and ex i think you have mistaken me for someone else and i have never made any alt accounts and certainly have not pretended to be you, and forgive me for thinking they would get rid of world chat since RobT says will never happen, i am sure us unimportant peoples opinion means nothing

OMG!!!! Can the real adult please stand up,lol.. God people grow up, two things if World chat bothers you don't go on it...And let's not cut others throats for making their opposing arguments..But let's keep name calling, and distasteful comments to a minumum..We are all here really for one thing, fun, and a word of Advice!!! STOP taking this place so damn serious. ..lol...and just HAVE fun..

I guess ...

If that works... This could work too...

Private messages have become nothing other then a hate and drama center that serves no purpose at all. Everybody is so mean to me there.

It only breeds hate and drives me away from your site, you really need to put a stop to it. Please end private messages as well in game.

Please make it a game where people don't communicate and just wander arround as wordless sex zombies.

giphy.gif

lets hear from more of us little unimportant people on here who also happen to  pay the same as the chosen ones

Why is it that every dissenting opinion has to come from a chosen one? This whole group think and mob mentality theory doesn't really apply here.

You made a claim to close WC based on your own hurt feelings. You offered no real argument to how it disservices the game. If we use your argument then chat would be limited to group and PM. It just doesn't make logical sense. People advertise rooms in WC. People meet in WC. Your one issue, drama, is but one con to a host of pros. 

I have seen sexist and blatantly racist remarks made in WC. I reported it as did others and moved on. This world might be small compared to some but most of us can think for ourselves. It has nothing to do with being chosen as we all choose this.

Asking for opinions and blaming one if it is not the opinion you like, does not work. And I don't feel as one of the chosen few either.

We all make out of this place what it is. And I don't like rudeness and namecalling either, but I just think it is not the solution to close down things we don't like. Shanti pointed it out a bit more drastic, but it is not the world Chat, it is the people doing it. If you don't like it, stay away, this is what I do.

The same applies to this forum, we can all ask ourselves, how come that namecalling and accustions result out of a simple question? It is us all contributing to this.....

I see your Intention, Jimmy, I just don't believe that will work, as that would result in closing everything down with the time being. So better leave this to those who have fun with that...

This game is for fun!

Zokora

I guess ...

If that works... This could work too...

Private messages have become nothing other then a hate and drama center that serves no purpose at all. Everybody is so mean to me there.

It only breeds hate and drives me away from your site, you really need to put a stop to it. Please end private messages as well in game.

Please make it a game where people don't communicate and just wander arround as wordless sex zombies.

giphy.gif

In some rooms this seems to be already a reality....

...the Zombie Apocalypse is near

Where there are people, there always be drama. It is not world chat's fault imo. Also if you haven't disabled world chat notifications and constantly checking it then you must be new here.  ;)

Just ignore the damn thing. We need devs concentrate on other stuff, such as sweet new updates like a tail!!!  :wub:  and fluffier ears!!!

The only time I look at WC is when I'm bored and something catches my interest. The rest of the time it's turned off, because of all the inane claptrap that gets spouted there. The fact that it's transient means some people lose all sense of good manners, thereby giving bullies their toe hold. It's not WC's problem but the people who use it.

Isn't the problem more 'how can we maintain the good of WC, while deterring the idiots?'. I think the answer to that is we can't, except by getting the trolls banned. OK they pop up again somewhere else, but, like bullies, if you can successfully ignore them then they'll get bored and go elsewhere. If you think of the power of being able to communicate with people of widely different cultures and opinions, surely that is for the good. I often complain to friends about the attitude of some of the blokes here to women. I have often found that by saying why you find their attentions unwelcome, they often apologise. It might not happen every time, but the odd time that it does is a step in the right direction.

Like any social situation, if you're polite and respectful you'll get along OK. SImples, yeah.

/me is too lazy to read whole conversation

I love world chat! Always fun to read conversations when you are bored. There is only one way how you can could fight trolls - by ignoring them. However I never really understood why should you try to destroy all trolls. Just relax and enjoy the show- Or keep yourself busy in PMs to avoid the WC. 

PhvQ0pSu9MgLe.gif

Of course, hate speach etc is totally different topic. Trolling is not hate speach or name calling usually :)

I've rarely seen any point in WC.
I guess it is useful if you have game problems or if you want to announce open rooms or other events. The former can be handled by a dedicated, moderated, support chat line and the latter in the same way (or by optional notifications), at an XGold cost.
There are enough options available for chatting with people, individually or in groups, to satisfy personal messaging.
Take away WC and add Support and Notices, charging for the latter...

3dx_chat.png

Not to mention when we had notifications for a price people complained because it was out of hand. The devs did not limit how many can be sent over a certain timeframe. Like with notifications, if you do not want then then ignore them; the same can be done with WC. I'd rather have conversations in LC with strangers than invite them all to group chat. What about entertaining? The DJ or host uses local to do so. Getting rid of WC means you are also encouraging getting rid of local. That would be up next because people act as though the simple task of turning it off is too complex. If you find yourself embroiled in WC drama instead of tuning it out if it bugs you, chances are you enjoy the drama. Therefore, you are also part of the problem.

Close down world chat

ice_cube_wtf.gif

Although...seriously joking laughs somehow reminds me of a "subject" or "chapter" in my forumprofile: 'Just some old anecdotes about|to 3DX':

Somtimes 3DX|Worldchat feels like a middle-school playground populated by brats in ski masks who name-call and taunt with the fake bravery of their anonymity and one also discovers oneself ranting in there or local suddenly...rarely n shortly...so soz 4 that guyz, just saying. But sometimes - thank goodness - 3DX itself it's also nicer than RL and you have to be honest and admit and understand why im proud of so many things in my life, but surley, nothing beats beeing a surrogate^^

bishop3.jpg?id=55515208

surley, ignoring facebook-generation like helps ya, but, the rest of the world still has to deal with that "shit", idiots n marroons or how ever ya spell that, blah...or in our case, sometimes in WC...sporadicially. however, it takes long till i ignore some1 ingame, or quite fast after 2 coldwarnings^^ but or and also if -> only temp bans - cause -> 3dxchat.mbr bl wipe /r /s evry 2-3 months...but that was not the point, was it? thinks: where was i? damn, i lost myself again grrr...caughs... anyway, lill big rediciously idea somehow, lol and so u @ll:

c6dfaa0ee3247206ea4cb456e98793c9.jpg

i see more responses good, i see some cons of  closing world chat too, someone said they advertise there rooms there, another one said they use it for a good rant now and then and someone else said they use it to sharper there skills, all valid claims i guess, i see some pros in closing it too 1. it would actually make people take there avatar into a room and participate in the game, i think that is the intent in the first place 2. i think it would kick the soap box out from the ones who are abusing it, if you remove there audience or at least make it much smaller they suddenly are just another person in the game 3. i actually think people would start using local chat more like other sites do and the word community would  apply much more 4. i think the site has outgrown world chat and thats why its gone this way, there is a reason why the similar sites don't have it 5. there is the legal issues that could start to arise also cyber bulling is a crime and so far they seem very resistant to removing the offenders there maybe  financial  reasons for this idk it is a pay site, also some users have such a severe addiction to this place  i am sure the believe they would be back with a new account in a matter of minutes, would love to hear from the staff on this issue 6. world chat is the first thing new users see, its like showing someone the cesspool first  lets here from some other users, RobT we all know how you feel by now, you have many posts on the topic that you believe "world chat is life" i believe that its "your life" but thats just my opinion, lets hear from some others and not just silly tomfoolery about how to change someones settings or throwing  your pc in the rock quarry or that closing world chat will cause a  zombie apocalypse but a good spirited discussion, i think forums is the place for such discussions not in world chat, and i even have nothing against conflict and strife i just think this 3d avatar site we pay to particapte  in is not the platform for it

This all is such nonsense IMO.  I don't participate in WC, rarely read WC, but to take away ANY feature in the software already being used by numerous people when it's so damn easy to turn off and ignore makes absolutely no sense to me.  We are adults, we don't need to be censored, we don't need to be pampered.  Get off your soapboxes, move on.  If you don't like it, don't use it, ignore it.  Duh.   :blink:  

1- do you really think the devs care what you do in the game once you have paid?

2- its impossible to abuse wc, its a chat tab so by pure definition it gets used , should it be modded, some will say yes but its hardly abused.

3-local would turn into wc, just branched out and then some "new forum account" would start crying about local needing to be taken out

4-wc has always been the same. btw, your "new" how would you know how wc use to be. lol

In closing you talk about people on soapboxes yet thats exactly what you are on here because from the 20 or so people who have responded, a vast majority dont agree with you. but nice try. 

Funny part is,most arent even taking it seriously . its time i follow that lead and quit giving it more attention then it deserves.

i really don't understand this message to be honest, if its time you follow that lead and quit giving it more

attention then it deserves why did you make your 4 points and why did you even make a post at all then?   

it makes no sense at all, if you really felt that way you would had not made a post at all.

if you look back tho my posts i even asked in them over and over again

to hear from other people then certain individuals. yet every post i made in just a matter of a few SECONDS, wow,

this individual would make a post, idk what app this individual has that sets off a fire alarm everytime someone

posts something new so you can run to your pc and resond to it, but i know i will never have any need for it

i have only posted on a couple of topics that i believed were very important in the time i have been on here

i don't believe that the one who dies with the most posts wins, i was on this site for years before i even made

my first post and it was beacause i believed something had to change and it actually did wow novel idea, and the 20

or so people like certain individuals say disagree with me is not the mass majority of people on this site btw, the

mass majority of people never post a thing or even go on the forums or do so very little

I knew by standing up for what i thought was the right thing to do about the direction this game was going i knew

i was going to come under attack by some who disagree with me, i believe that if you believe in something strongly

enough then i don't believe "its time to follow the lead" and you have to stand up for what you believe is right,

its much harder to be a lead then is to follow, i have tried to be open and listen to the pros and cons and the

opinion of others, tho i am only human

this thread has shown you what happens to an individual who goes against the what the "group" thinks or what some  

call the mob mentality, which even more so makes me believe that they need to get rid of world chat, in world chat   

almost everyone on the site is reading it in real time instead of just a small number of individuals who follow the

forums so that fighting and attacking is much much worst there due to the high number of people on it and being it

is in real time

i will end this post with i don't believe that certain individuals can  "follow the lead" i believe

that if someone would start a thread on say "UNKNOWN BANJO PLAYERS OF INDIA" within a matter of a few seconds

we would get some certian individuals expert opinions on the matter

"its time i follow that lead and quit giving it more attention then it deserves."

Gee, he made it all of 20 minutes til the pressure to "give it more attention then it deserves" was to much for him

We didn't see this one coming did we?

HERE'S YOUR SIGN

post-8022-0-85013900-1480164452_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...