3DXChat Community

Requested Content - Vote Pages

Akemi

I see that the threads for requested content / updates are in high demand and also see that with 3DX 1.0 down and 2.0 up and running quite stable there have been some actual content updates again.

In my feel the request threads for content have been overflooding with ideas and most of it will either asked again and again or will be lost in the masses of requests. Wouldn't it make sense to put up a new voting page instead of letting the ideas just swamp in the big threads?

I mean some crazy people with some sort of order and collection fetish would surely offer to browse through those 50-60 pages big threads and make a list of all the named stuff that isn't too weird and could offer to keep the new ideas properly added to the list.

The mods could either make one big vote page for everything or group it down / filter it down to it being either a pose, room, hairstyle, clothes, furniture, locations, game features and misc.

Things should be able to be upvoted and downvoted and the content in highest demand would quite obviously sate the user base's needs the most and also give the mods a good feel of statistics about what the users expect from them.

Just an idea. Would require Gizi's seal of approval to make it happen again though.

Kisses and stuff ;)

They used to have a page externally from their own servers that you could go to and suggest ideas, there were a ton of ideas and lots of votes but nothing happened from it sadly. It could be cool to do that again but with a new clean page to start on, and it would of course need the devs to agree to looking it over every now and then. It could possibly be something like what Ash had going once with the whole questions and answers thing every monday i believe it was. Anyways if the devs could check it once a week, maybe throw some feedback to the most voted ideas at the time, or even go as far as saying "Hey this is a great idea, we are putting it on our to do list right away" that would be really cool, and give most of us an idea of whats to come, instead of what right now seems quite random.

I hope i made some kind of sense in my ramble there!

EDIT: Thinking about it, the whole thing could be mostly driven by a member of the forums here, relaying the most voted things on to the devs every lets say 7 or 14 days, with a reply coming from them shortly after. Just an idea if the devs would find it too time consuming to run it all on their own.

Edited by Tauri

Well I think the main problem is that people vote stuff and then expect the devs to follow thei highest vote as if they could order them around on what to do next. Then again there is a huge amount of suggestion and 'what do you want to see in the game' content.

So if we do things on the premise that the mods may take it as a hint and for use of statistics and aren't forced to go with the vote systems results then it should be a win / win.

And I don't see why it has to be overly difficult. Someone organizes what comes on the list based on the forum requests and people can go there and upvote or 'like' content they wanna see. The mods can go there and take a look at the stats any time they are working on a new update and need idea.

If you tie it to something that they 'have to do for us' you'll most likely not get it. Offer it as help feature for them and they might like it.

Well I think the main problem is that people vote stuff and then expect the devs to follow thei highest vote as if they could order them around on what to do next. Then again there is a huge amount of suggestion and 'what do you want to see in the game' content.

So if we do things on the premise that the mods may take it as a hint and for use of statistics and aren't forced to go with the vote systems results then it should be a win / win.

And I don't see why it has to be overly difficult. Someone organizes what comes on the list based on the forum requests and people can go there and upvote or 'like' content they wanna see. The mods can go there and take a look at the stats any time they are working on a new update and need idea.

If you tie it to something that they 'have to do for us' you'll most likely not get it. Offer it as help feature for them and they might like it.

Well thats what it was last time and they never made use of it sadly, might have changed now but i highly doubt it