3DXChat Community

Age verification

AbS

Hello I am new here as I am thinking about joining the game but one thing concerns me a little which maybe someone can answer.

How can players be sure that others are definitely over 18? I know that we can join with a credit or debit card, but I have seen adverts for children's bank accounts with Visa cards recently, so surely it wouldn't be possible to differentiate between those who are over or under 18 who join with a card? Or is there some other safeguard in place?

Thanks for your help!

Yup unfortunately it is possible for people below the age of 18 to join, whether it be with a childrens card or their parents card etc... The best thing, if someone is indeed below the age of 18 then report them and they'll be swiftly removed from the game. It's the only thing with these sorts of places, you have to becareful. :)

BY AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BELOW AND ACCESSING THE PRODUCTS, THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT USER IS OVER 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER PLACE OF RESIDENCE) AND HAS READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTANDS IT, AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY IT. IF THE USER DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE USER SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE UTILIZE THE PRODUCT BECAUSE NO LICENSE SHALL HAVE BEEN GRANTED THERETO. 

1. AGE. The User agrees that he/she is over 18 years of age (or 21 in some states, or the age of majority in his/her place of residence) and that he/she will not allow any minor to view or have access to the material in any way at any time. If the User misrepresents his/her age, he/she and his/her legal guardian is in violation of federal laws. 

Please read Terms And Conditions

If someone violates the terms, then his/her account will be blocked and removed completely.

Just so you know (at least within the borders of United States), although the intention to have sex with a minor (your chat records with a minor that is) is a legitimate evidence that can be presented in the court of law along with a prosecution, as long as you DO NOT go ahead and meet in real with said partner, you can state that "it was a fantasy and I did not know the said person was a minor" in case of any prosecution from any party that has the chat records. Also if they indeed did not state that they are minor anywhere in the chat record, court will rule that the evidence is not sufficient for such prosecution and case will drop. 

If however, in those chat records, minor person has stated that they are indeed younger than the consent age (18 that is), then you should immediately ignore that person and not contribute to chat further. This will eliminate any legitimate evidence against you. Then you will be safe.

I always ask real age when I met with a new person and they are trying to be lewd with me. 

On the other hand yes, it is terrifying to have lewd conversations with a minor even if they lie about their age and you are safe. Sadly though implementation of such filter is kinda impossible, should minor steal/use their parent's means to pay for this game. 

Best thing to do is talk about numerous things with people that only people over 25 would know about. It's not to hard to figure out who the questionably young people are, but alas, that means you have to get to know people before getting naked!

Had this encounter about a month ago. I was dancing with a female Avi and just say some heavy flirting on both sides. she askes me if I was ok with the fact she was only 16. I say " oh hell no." stopped the dance right there and then.

Its something that people are going to have to risk though. Ya have to think about all those other encounters you have that the person never bothers to tell you they are underage.

Best thing to do is talk about numerous things with people that only people over 25 would know about. It's not to hard to figure out who the questionably young people are, but alas, that means you have to get to know people before getting naked!

Why 25? I wouldn't know them then, but I am above the limit D:

My chats are so immature anyone giving me this test is going think I'm about 11 :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RomanFox

Hello I am new here as I am thinking about joining the game but one thing concerns me a little which maybe someone can answer.

How can players be sure that others are definitely over 18? I know that we can join with a credit or debit card, but I have seen adverts for children's bank accounts with Visa cards recently, so surely it wouldn't be possible to differentiate between those who are over or under 18 who join with a card? Or is there some other safeguard in place?

Thanks for your help!

There's not really anything you can do to prevent under-aged people from making an appearance in this game. However, I would say not to let it bother you to much since it is them who would be acting against the terms of service and not you.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent advice! Here are some tips to get you started.

Start every sentence with "In my day...", or in every room say "The music today isn't as good as it used to be - it is just a loud noise" unless it is classic rock or classical... Failing that, and this is sure fire way of age verification, try this one...

"Remember when we had dial up internet? My parents used to get mad when they wanted to make a phone call... 'Would you get off the damn internet!!', You know, those really old folk?"

If you are met with a blank stare (normally a silence because a stare is not a thing in 3DX). They are probably underage or they think you are boring. Either way, it is best to avoid.

Source: Saya is borderline old and proud child of the 80s! Dial up internet, floppy disks and Sega Megadrives FTW!

Disclaimer: Saya cannot be held responsible if this advice does not work and you end up in jail.

Excellent advice! Here are some tips to get you started.

Start every sentence with "In my day...", or in every room say "The music today isn't as good as it used to be - it is just a loud noise" unless it is classic rock or classical... Failing that, and this is sure fire way of age verification, try this one...

"Remember when we had dial up internet? My parents used to get mad when they wanted to make a phone call... 'Would you get off the damn internet!!', You know, those really old folk?"

If you are met with a blank stare (normally a silence because a stare is not a thing in 3DX). They are probably underage or they think you are boring. Either way, it is best to avoid.

Source: Saya is borderline old and proud child of the 80s! Dial up internet, floppy disks and Sega Megadrives FTW!

Disclaimer: Saya cannot be held responsible if this advice does not work and you end up in jail.

Please don't use those when speaking to me, i never had those and still am not underage D: We need to think of a new method! Haha

• 2 weeks later...

If you are sure or suspect someone is a minor it would probably be best to report them.

I am not against reporting someone for behavior that can be verified in a screenshot.

But how can you be "sure" that someone is underage?

Moreover, the idea that you should report someone if you "suspect" they are underage is to me outrageous. What's next? Reporting players that you suspect might be too old to actually do the things they are pretending to do here? I pay a monthly fee to come here and enjoy myself. Policing other players is not my responsibility. If I suspect that another player is doing something--anything--that I am not comfortable with, I will avoid interacting with them. I'm responsible for myself and no one else, thank you.

In this game anyone could lie about their age, so it would be easy for a minor to join. If you are sure or suspect someone is a minor it would probably be best to report them.

Not sure why I said suspect, only report someone if you are sure they are underage.

Not sure why I said suspect, only report someone if you are sure they are underage.

Not to be argumentative, but what constitutes "being sure?"

A: Are you really 18?

B: Yeah, I am.

A: You don't talk like it.

B: I'll be 18 soon. Close enough.

A: What's your real age?

B: I'm 16 but my dad doesn't care. He lets me use is card.

The only thing that a conversation like this proves is that B has already lied at least twice.

And if I were forced to bet a day's pay on it, I would bet on B being a 25 year old looking to jerk someone around before I would bet on B actually being 16.

Again, if you are uncomfortable with something, then by all means avoid it. But it is not the players' responsibility to police the site for the Devs.