3DXChat Community

game freezes after I chose a Char

Knap

I've noticed that with these smaller patches, my game seems to break, I go to the site and download the latest build, and the patcher runs off the fresh install and I am able to get in. Might be worth a shot in the future if the char workaround isn't.. working

Guest Eddster

I've noticed that with these smaller patches, my game seems to break, I go to the site and download the latest build, and the patcher runs off the fresh install and I am able to get in. Might be worth a shot in the future if the char workaround isn't.. working

I did 2 fresh installs during the time this was happening for everyone. It was a server issue on their end that was eventually resolved.

This has been happening for days now.  Happened to me yesterday and today.  The game just keeps freezing up and even the alt character workaround didn't help.  Trying a fresh install and repatching to see if that helps.

Edit:  Nope.  Even tried downloading the latest version from the website and reinstalling.  Still freezing right after character load (this is what it does after freezing on me in game, usually at a very inconvenient time).  Nothing seems to solve this issue now, so I'm giving up for the time being and going to do other things.  I don't think I'll be renewing if they can't stabilize this.

And again ever since we have had user rooms added the game is completely unstable. I would rather scrap the user rooms and add more public rooms and not sacrifice stability. As it is anyway there are only two types of user room shells available and so little furniture. Once you have seen one user room you have seen them all... give me back stability and add real content please... poses, clothes, furniture, new room shells, hair, new public room... anything but constant crashes from a bad feature, that lets face it is barely used if you look at the population in the user rooms.

Roll back the game to before you did user room update and forget it.

And again ever since we have had user rooms added the game is completely unstable. I would rather scrap the user rooms and add more public rooms and not sacrifice stability. As it is anyway there are only two types of user room shells available and so little furniture. Once you have seen one user room you have seen them all... give me back stability and add real content please... poses, clothes, furniture, new room shells, hair, new public room... anything but constant crashes from a bad feature, that lets face it is barely used if you look at the population in the user rooms.

Roll back the game to before you did user room update and forget it.

100% agree. the user rooms are ok. But would really like more public locations.

Seems that it depends on the Group Rooms.

The game work 1-2 seconds fine. In this initial state of the game, the game is trying to fetch the Group Rooms and freezes. After that the "Map"-Button is not grey anymore but the game freezes instantly.

So it could be an issue with the group rooms.

Maybe its a problem with the character encoding for the specific name of the Rooms.

Reset the group Rooms will made a tempory fix.

The issue is most definitely linked to the User Rooms list.  That's when it freezes for me, when I try to select that list to see what's possibly going on, so I've just been avoiding it.  Otherwise the game is fine, so either the code needs to be fixed with whatever bug it currently has or they just need to do away with the whole User Rooms idea and get us some more public rooms, as others have suggested.  Just my two cents anyway...