3DXChat Community

Curiosity Kill Count - RP/ERP World Discussion

SlaveToDesire

Of late I've found myself more and more puzzled to what dictates roleplay. From standards to prostitution. I went from being the nerdy girl who constantly had boyfriends who thought they could out game me only to find they were the ones who were ending up getting tbagged to the more relaxed, still violently elitest, roleplayer. Starting out with World of Warcraft like so many others.... Ey mon, whatchya be lookin for? F--- ally. Now then... Short and sweet and to the point..Failing here.

So how do you dictate (erotic)roleplay?

What makes you say, "Oh I enjoy this." or "Wow this person is amazing!"?

Do you use text speak? Example: "mmm fx u hrd bby u lke dat bb"

What got you start, and why?

Have you ever simply decided one day to become better or was it forced in some way or form?

For me, I went from paragraphs to full on forum pages. I loved everything I did when it came to World of Warcraft, it was epic, especially when I found someone who knew as much lore as I did. I started then as I got older and went through more dramatic times then most ever care to be apart of... I found a darker version of roleplay, felt like an idiotic virgin considering the years I had prior only to then find out erotic roleplay was a bloody thing. No less, I held my standards to a wicked degree, found people all the time and still do. Though now those standards have been significantly reduced since, rules and more emplaced as a means to create with better ease. I'm just at such an odd path I guess you could say? I used to be able to throw a rock and I'd hit thousands of people who were eager to test their writing and English. Now I'd just hit and somberly spoken an Indian, Turkish, Egyptian, or even an American who would speak so brokenly to me I couldn't make heads or tails of it. That's coming from a chick who understands 1337 speak too. It still blows my mind to actually say that.. Is it too much to ask for someone to have some standards to their (e)rp? Do I really need to deal with something like:

anal beeds out ur ass

all out bb how dat feel

...Really? Why not something like:

He leaned over you, face hovering your arse as his left hand parted the cheeks as his tongue overhung lower lip and drooled saliva into your arse. Watching every little contraction as his right hand tugged the loop popping each bead out with anticipation.

It's not long, it's not short at all and even considered too much though with the people I constantly am bombed with... Why is detail so difficult? If english isn't your first language, then WHY try it? I speak Farsi, Japanese, Russian and English, I get there's not as much in those languages as there is to English... But go where your cards lay not to the deck and shuffle.

Aye, I really do love interesting titles.

Dear SlaveToDesire!

I am not sure if I like this sentence: "Why is detail so difficult? If english isn't your first language, then WHY try it? "

So WHY TRY?

Because anyone has his/her right to try a roleplay and have fun in the game.

Also in my opinion he/she should not get the feeling of being permanently in an english exam or that all people laugh at him/her when he/she makes mistakes or TRIES to write in English or improve it while chatting in English.

If I would have to do an exam prior I TRY to play a role play in English, maybe broken or grammatically not so sophisticated English, I would feel very discriminated and not very welcomed in this world here.

I would feel very bad if i feel that I am judged too much when I TRY to speak English.

Well, just my thoughts.

Maybe you did mean it in a different way?

I am no native speaker so I would be glad to get explained :)

Yours, meilyn

What I get from your post is that you didn't seem to be lucky with your experience in 3dx so far. From my personal experience, I know there is many people with mad roleplay skills here who will make your mind explode in millions of particles from pleasure. You just have to find the ones right for you and then let them blow your mind, do not desperate, they are out there.

Looks like I agree with both Huntress and Meilyn to an extent on this one. 

It does look like you have had really bad luck so far. Keep your head up, though! Awesome RPers are out there, we're just hard to find. I'm still searching for them as well, although I have been lucky enough to run into a few people already that have awesome RP skills. I was given a heads up from one that their native language wasn't English, and they asked me to let them know if I didn't understand something, and they spoke up when they needed me to word something differently. To be honest, that was some of the most fun RP I've had on here so far! Grammar and structure is extremely important to me, but there are some exceptions, just as with everything. If I misunderstood that part though, please correct me. 

Either way, hope to see you in game and good luck with finding RPers! 

Surely good ERP is identified at the very point where description meets imagination? One triggers the other and vice versa; and both are equally important. The mind can fill in the gaps left by limited vocabulary and shoddy grammar, although I agree there is a point where description becomes so inadequate that the mind shuts down. I guess it's down to one's expectations...

As others have already said, it sounds like you've had some bad experiences.

I know for a fact there are great RP'ers here, you just need to look for them. I don't know where you look for partners, but sometimes there are rooms hosted with "RP" somewhere in the title, any of those could be a great place to start.

If you're just out and about in public areas, have a chat with the potential partner, usually that gives you a good indication of their grammar and overall literacy. Also, check profiles, while this isn't a guarantee of RP skills, usually people indicate that they are "Descriptive" or something to that effect.

If you already knew all those things then I have nothing else to say, except good luck! :)

I won't be original since people above wrote a lot. Still, it's opened topic so I'd like to share thoughts from my point of view. Meilyn's said she'd like not to be judged for bad english or something like this. I assume it just as some kind of standards. English isn't my native language too but I'm not afraid of making mistakes because I want to improve my english. Plus me and my friends here, in 3dxchat, are from different countries and sometimes one of us can write something that others won't understand. We don't judge, we don't laugh, we ask to explain - this all depends on who surround you. As for your example 

He leaned over you, face hovering your arse as his left hand parted the cheeks as his tongue overhung lower lip and drooled saliva into your arse. Watching every little contraction as his right hand tugged the loop popping each bead out with anticipation.

I can say it's normal and pretty full description of action even for me since my english isn't that good as yours guys. You must be just unlucky to find right roleplayers... *Advertesement time* There's an organizations, The Quiet Temple, that unite a number of really good roleplayers. If you can't find right people in the game, try this one.

Best wishes

Dear SlaveToDesire!

I am not sure if I like this sentence: "Why is detail so difficult? If english isn't your first language, then WHY try it? "

So WHY TRY?

Because anyone has his/her right to try a roleplay and have fun in the game.

Also in my opinion he/she should not get the feeling of being permanently in an english exam or that all people laugh at him/her when he/she makes mistakes or TRIES to write in English or improve it while chatting in English.

If I would have to do an exam prior I TRY to play a role play in English, maybe broken or grammatically not so sophisticated English, I would feel very discriminated and not very welcomed in this world here.

I would feel very bad if i feel that I am judged too much when I TRY to speak English.

Well, just my thoughts.

Maybe you did mean it in a different way?

I am no native speaker so I would be glad to get explained :)

Yours, meilyn

Aye, try but try in the language you understand.... That's more clearly stated.

Surely good ERP is identified at the very point where description meets imagination? One triggers the other and vice versa; and both are equally important. The mind can fill in the gaps left by limited vocabulary and shoddy grammar, although I agree there is a point where description becomes so inadequate that the mind shuts down. I guess it's down to one's expectations...

description meets imagination.... "fx u rly hrd licks u lke dat bb" Yeah I think I'll keep some standards. I see that shite more often then I care to admit.

I won't be original since people above wrote a lot. Still, it's opened topic so I'd like to share thoughts from my point of view. Meilyn's said she'd like not to be judged for bad english or something like this. I assume it just as some kind of standards. English isn't my native language too but I'm not afraid of making mistakes because I want to improve my english. Plus me and my friends here, in 3dxchat, are from different countries and sometimes one of us can write something that others won't understand. We don't judge, we don't laugh, we ask to explain - this all depends on who surround you. As for your example 

I can say it's normal and pretty full description of action even for me since my english isn't that good as yours guys. You must be just unlucky to find right roleplayers... *Advertesement time* There's an organizations, The Quiet Temple, that unite a number of really good roleplayers. If you can't find right people in the game, try this one.

Best wishes

For me it's not a matter of who understands and not, it's a matter of creating essential ease between the parties involved. If I speak and roleplay in english and you barely understand it as I do, what would be the point in us trying? It'd be better if you told me your native tongue and hopefully it's one of the few I know and can work with.

If you take the time to chat with the people you meet, you should have an idea of their level of English. In doubt, you can ask them. 3dx language is English and people take this for granted, so they don't tell others right from the start if their native tongue is not English.

You can also write something to this effect very clearly on your profile so anyone who comes to you and reads your profile will know what you're expecting from others.

description meets imagination.... "fx u rly hrd licks u lke dat bb" Yeah I think I'll keep some standards. I see that shite more often then I care to admit.

No hints in general conversation prior to invite, that this was the kind of verbal dexterity you were going to encounter?

I agree with TheHuntress that the language of 3dxchat is english. I'm not sure about nowadays but a long time ago there was a rule that the only language permitted in world chat is english. As for understanding or not understanding english and making RP easier, I can nothing except that it's pretty personal thing. For example, there's a guy from Germany but he doesn't write anything about it in his profile. So we'll have to talk in english and his bad english will cause some difficulty for the conversation but this is his choice - not to tell people from what country he is. And here's another example, me who writes in both in-game and forum profiles that I'm russian. So people may understand what to expect from me. What I want to say is that it's pretty impossible to bring everybody under one line. Every person needs individual approach - it's one of the difficulties in searching partners for good roleplaying

I think two things should always be considered.

1. Did you have a conversation with them before you started role playing? Get to know them first to find if you are a match in personal tastes . Not every one likes the same kind of role play so its so important to find out likes and dislikes from the get go. It also lets you know if there is a language barrier.

2. Read profiles. They will tell you if they enjoy role play. Also put down on your profile that you do. They might find you if they know you are looking.

To condemn everyone that doesn't speak your language because you made some bad choices in picking partners is the wrong lever to fix your problem...

There are good and bad english speaking rp partners here, no matter which native language they speak. I would try to pick the good ones only instead of picking the native english speakers only^^

Aside from language barriers... fuck my english isn't native either and none of my lover-butts ever cared.

1. Yes a bigger part of the community is very bad in ERP (I would dare to say it's 70% +). Cause being able to RP is not a requirement to obtain the game. Think about it, where do people find this game? It's mostly not Literotica or alike. Think about what SexGameDevil offers in general. Many just want to get off on digital avi's helping out their immagination. Some just come to fuck Betty and Bob and some feel pretty good when they can fuck random avatars, 'colding' their way to their very own 'banged 1000 avis' achievement (yes... yes.. apply sarcasm on demand). We can frown at them for wasting our time or obtain the skill to simply avoid them completely.

2. There is still a good amount of fine ass RP People out there, as mentioned before, it all comes down to seeing the hints and learn the tricks. I give my pupils and friends always the same pointers that make it relatively easy to see if someone is descriptive or at least worth a try.

2.1 Profile Pictures (Better Quality, Better Taste)

2.2 Profile Text (Quality not Quantity matters here)

2.3 GIFTS !

2.3.1 Who are their close friends, do they look skilled too?

2.3.2 Many gifts? A veteran player is mostly a safer choice.

2.3.3 The gift contents / texts indicate a LOT including if they are Drama-people with lots of crying and excuses or lovely people who almost only get praises.

2.3.3.1 It's usually better to find a "Oh my god you're just blowing my mind!" than a "I'm so sorry I just felt so jealous and whiny and I can't help it and oh my god"

2.3.4 The quality of gift text directly shows off a mini-RP skill too. Just read and indulge a bit. Takes time but safes you a lot of trying bad ones.

2.4 Outfit isn't so important but can indicate if person is a bit funny/silly or serious bizniz

2.5 Many of the good ones often end up in Sin Club sooner or later talking nonesense in local

2.6 All infos you found out about them gives you a hint if their fetishes might match yours too, which is a very underrated part of finding a good match.

2.7 It can sometimes still be fun to test out newbies with almost no gifts at all or just a few good ones, knowing they could be Alts of skilled people or you're just feeling lucky about finding a really good newbie.

The colder-army is a big part of 3DX, see them as NPC's to fill out some otherwise empty rooms and chairs if you wish.

Your Quest is to weed through them and obtain your epic skill to easily find the good ones. With experience.

I could babble hours longer about how to find the goodies but lets leave it at that.

Good luck in obtaining the epic skill 'Eye for finding the Main Characters'.

Cheers ;)

No hints in general conversation prior to invite, that this was the kind of verbal dexterity you were going to encounter?

Not going, but was encountering.. I do believe it's a step above the term I've finally understood now being "cold"..  Learning new lingo, I miss simply screwing up WTS, WTB, and WTT >.>...

I think two things should always be considered.

1. Did you have a conversation with them before you started role playing? Get to know them first to find if you are a match in personal tastes . Not every one likes the same kind of role play so its so important to find out likes and dislikes from the get go. It also lets you know if there is a language barrier.

2. Read profiles. They will tell you if they enjoy role play. Also put down on your profile that you do. They might find you if they know you are looking.

It's not a matter of the conversation or gauging them at all. I'm not just going "Hi, sucky sucky, fucky fucky?" I can find people who have amazing english and their rp is pathetic. Vise versa too. But most of the time the comprehension level is irrelevant for me.. And I always read profiles, somberly not everyone has them filled.

To condemn everyone that doesn't speak your language because you made some bad choices in picking partners is the wrong lever to fix your problem...

There are good and bad english speaking rp partners here, no matter which native language they speak. I would try to pick the good ones only instead of picking the native english speakers only^^

I have't condemned anyone.. Did you even read that last bit it didn't make much sense. No less, my point is if you don't understand a language, why try to roleplay in it. Go with the one you know, I know many and would be eager to do so in another language. I have no issue with that. I've met more people who speak Russian and Japanese and are way better then people I've met in other languages by miles. The language doesn't mean a thing with what I've said, but a means of understanding and using your best detail and ability. If you don't have hands do you become a bartender? Simple answer. If you don't speak German fluently, why roleplay in it? It doesn't make sense to even try.

Aside from language barriers... fuck my english isn't native either and none of my lover-butts ever cared.

1. Yes a bigger part of the community is very bad in ERP (I would dare to say it's 70% +). Cause being able to RP is not a requirement to obtain the game. Think about it, where do people find this game? It's mostly not Literotica or alike. Think about what SexGameDevil offers in general. Many just want to get off on digital avi's helping out their immagination. Some just come to fuck Betty and Bob and some feel pretty good when they can fuck random avatars, 'colding' their way to their very own 'banged 1000 avis' achievement (yes... yes.. apply sarcasm on demand). We can frown at them for wasting our time or obtain the skill to simply avoid them completely.

2. There is still a good amount of fine ass RP People out there, as mentioned before, it all comes down to seeing the hints and learn the tricks. I give my pupils and friends always the same pointers that make it relatively easy to see if someone is descriptive or at least worth a try.

2.1 Profile Pictures (Better Quality, Better Taste)

2.2 Profile Text (Quality not Quantity matters here)

2.3 GIFTS !

2.3.1 Who are their close friends, do they look skilled too?

2.3.2 Many gifts? A veteran player is mostly a safer choice.

2.3.3 The gift contents / texts indicate a LOT including if they are Drama-people with lots of crying and excuses or lovely people who almost only get praises.

2.3.3.1 It's usually better to find a "Oh my god you're just blowing my mind!" than a "I'm so sorry I just felt so jealous and whiny and I can't help it and oh my god"

2.3.4 The quality of gift text directly shows off a mini-RP skill too. Just read and indulge a bit. Takes time but safes you a lot of trying bad ones.

2.4 Outfit isn't so important but can indicate if person is a bit funny/silly or serious bizniz

2.5 Many of the good ones often end up in Sin Club sooner or later talking nonesense in local

2.6 All infos you found out about them gives you a hint if their fetishes might match yours too, which is a very underrated part of finding a good match.

2.7 It can sometimes still be fun to test out newbies with almost no gifts at all or just a few good ones, knowing they could be Alts of skilled people or you're just feeling lucky about finding a really good newbie.

The colder-army is a big part of 3DX, see them as NPC's to fill out some otherwise empty rooms and chairs if you wish.

Your Quest is to weed through them and obtain your epic skill to easily find the good ones. With experience.

I could babble hours longer about how to find the goodies but lets leave it at that.

Good luck in obtaining the epic skill 'Eye for finding the Main Characters'.

Cheers ;)

So wise snugglebutt, i couldn't spell better words.

Sweet, and Akemi you both have good points, I do not have a in depth Knowledge on the RP community much here in game, but with my experience, I have randomly entered some great rooms,with great dialogue, and interesting dialogue between group characters to build up to an amazing climax, either just as a voyeur, or somehow getting sucked into the action ..lol..No pung attended..lol..Myself I just play for the adventure and Fantasy, but I do agree on one main thing, the ability to be descriptive, style of writing, and being imaginative is the key to a good arousing outcome, no matter what type of play or situation you are looking to act out in your role playing. .Me personally , I am a bit biased when it comes to colding people and sex rooms,usuallyy a bad spot to find RPS and in many cases bad partners in general, usually a lack of dialogue there and zero Local chat... I also agree with Moca, to chat others out first in places like Sinn, we're their usually is a high pop whom actually like to chat in local and make a honest effort to make the place interesting and stimulating..For me nowadays ..I prefer the brothels or sinn as for any sex rooms usually a wide scope of local chat, and when I want good quality descriptive fun, I usually get what I want their, have a partner that asks what I like, and will curtail to my fantasy. .But the worst is having a someone with no dialogue, a pose flipper, and quite unimaginative partners, which to me is a arousal killer. ..I just don't get turned on by simply watching Avis, in random poses fucking, it is the whole build up, story and words that create the imagination that leads to a decent happy ending...lol..Just my thoughts on this subject..