3DXChat Community

Character customization

Gizmo

I don't mean to sound spoiled or entitled or anything... but I'm very disappointed that the color palette is not available for skin colors. We can be green aliens or blue smurfs but we can't have vampire pale skin? If there is a valid <insert reason here> for the palette not to be available for skin then please, at least make a pale skin tone available to all players so that we don't need to use a palette to have that skin tone.

I don't mean to sound spoiled or entitled or anything... but I'm very disappointed that the color palette is not available for skin colors. We can be green aliens or blue smurfs but we can't have vampire pale skin? If there is a valid <insert reason here> for the palette not to be available for skin then please, at least make a pale skin tone available to all players so that we don't need to use a palette to have that skin tone.

I'm no sexy tan/dark tone so I'd like to have pale option to be more...me. +1

Sorry Tipsy and Rochi but no you don't have it quite right.

A lot of things are coloured with a texture file, you can only colour a single item with a colour code.

The socks for instance are likely done with a texture file, or else there would need to be a separate item for each colour in the sock.

A texture file is like the item surface being unwrapped and flattened into a picture file.

If the socks are done with a texture file then they would not be able to have the colour picker as you have shown :(

There are people in here that know how to do these texture files and even fully design clothes meshes and all, like SweetApril who has done that in other games for 5 years.

If you remember the thing I suggested where they could make texture files is maybe one way we could get that type of thing done.

You could simply download the texture file for the socks and change the colours, view how it looks in your change room and take some pics, then show it in the forum for the devs to see and hopefully they would add your texture (socks) to the list.

allowing all textures in game to be recolorable is extremely easy to do by making a separate texture to handle what is tagged as being allowed its just time consuming as all just think of what i said as adding something like a specular map onto the diffuse just in this case its say red and green and green can have its color changed and red would stay the same many games do this to save time on multiple armor sets say in dragon age origins prime example

Tattoo design options. A face customizer similar to an actual decent MMO.

Tattoos would be great, even if just some base templates.  Piercings would also be nice.  As for face customization, more beard options would be appreciated.  Real long hair for men.  More clothes for men.  Necklaces for men.  Bracelets/watches for men other than those glow bracelets.  Rings for both genders would be great, especially given the whole marriage option.  Just a few thoughts.

allowing all textures in game to be recolorable is extremely easy to do by making a separate texture to handle what is tagged as being allowed its just time consuming as all just think of what i said as adding something like a specular map onto the diffuse just in this case its say red and green and green can have its color changed and red would stay the same many games do this to save time on multiple armor sets say in dragon age origins prime example

The only clothing in 3dx that uses a diffuse texture are the un-colorable ones, eg. jeans, socks, hats..etc. Everything else uses only a bump map, and sometimes a specular. But the method you're talking about (a mask) is already used in 3dx (like the stitching or laces on male shoes).

The clothing meshes that do use diffuses would just need to have a grayscale diffuse in order to be colored ingame via the picker. This would also mean creating a mask for them too, which yes is very time consuming and probably not a priority (and rightly so). But something tells me it's the way unity works (or the way 3dx is set up) where maybe you can only recolor materials and not overlay colors on textures for ingame. Or maybe they tried it and it didn't look right. 

The only clothing in 3dx that uses a diffuse texture are the un-colorable ones, eg. jeans, socks, hats..etc. Everything else uses only a bump map, and sometimes a specular. But the method you're talking about (a mask) is already used in 3dx (like the stitching or laces on male shoes).

The clothing meshes that do use diffuses would just need to have a grayscale diffuse in order to be colored ingame via the picker. This would also mean creating a mask for them too, which yes is very time consuming and probably not a priority (and rightly so). But something tells me it's the way unity works (or the way 3dx is set up) where maybe you can only recolor materials and not overlay colors on textures for ingame. Or maybe they tried it and it didn't look right. 

You nailed it and the best part is, it's so freaking easy to do, but what do I know as I've been doing that for years for many things like games and such.

I was hosting a party and someone was saying how they felt under dressed and we talked about clothes and stuff for a little and i though that it would be cool if there was an option to save outfits so you can quick change for different situations (ie fancy party clothes, comfy home clothes, wild party clothes, etc.)

dont know if this has already been thought of or posted about just thought id get my idea out there  :)

• 2 weeks later...

hello 3DX ... can 3dX improve more good and nice hemsem look on male avatar, this is important that when playing ingames,

just look on the female avatar, it can madeup to very cute and pretty girl... but the male avatar... can't do that,

hope to see some improvement on male avatar soon.... tq.

not sure if the game uses it but if it does doesn't seem to do it all that well , is PBR+subsurface scattering done in a more effective manor you can still keep the artstyle the game has without losing the factor of how realistic it looks i dislike this barbie doll plastic look a lot of things seem to have in game , and yes i know the game uses subsurface scattering

• 3 weeks later...

These Tattoo's :P

Looks nice love them. Think more long term it be better if they could figure out a system, so you could easily upload your own transparent tattoo layers.

I know it probably be a challenge but think it would add more variety in what you see, plus figure if there going to be a selection range like we have cloth now, then everyone going to look same tattooed  ;)

I know they wont but maybe they should ask some people who does the clothing and stuff on skyrim for some help and I do agree they do need a tattoo system which all you do is make the textures slide them into the folder but before that well you gotta make it all work and stuff so it does take time .0. Q^Q ~Sit's waiting on a sexy chasity belt~​

I've seen people posting about getting pregnant or wider women but I did think once on how it would play on here looking pregnant it might be kind of fun I mean come on I don't think they added in condoms so it might be kind of fun being able to go into the character customization and expand the belly some and wait o.o pregnant = milk = milk machines :D lets do the pregnant thing I like being milked :P and i'm not ashamed to admit it e. e e . e​

Character customization needs:

- more hairstyles (and in better resolution, most of them are incredible low res)

- more face option (eyes, lips, nose at VERY least) I'd rather have a slider based character creation like most games use nowadays.

- more options for the body (height!, weight!) Sliders should make MORE of a difference overall

- more and better make up options

- normal eyebrow options... (also the ability to "warp" them, up / down etc)

- Tattoos (although im not a fan of it and dread the day all avatars run around like a canvas)

- piercings

- a LOT more clothing options. the choice currently is a bad joke. most shirts / pants are simply the same with little bit different pattern

- normal shoes and women walking normally in them....

But yeah, I'm so happy we have a slider that adjust length of finger nails which noone ever will see in game....