3DXChat Community

Character customization

Gizmo

We need anal beads of many sorts. I don't think it is anything hard to implement, as even Skyrim has that:

here are also pig noses and pig tails, anal eggs and a dildo-gag.

Sorry I think it should've been in Clothes.

I used to be an adventurer like you.

Then I took a plug up my ass.

How's that color palate coming along? I heard that this was being worked on for an upcoming patch awhile ago and I was soo excited lol. This seems like its not a very complicated update and would stop people from using CE as they wouldn't need it anymore. Can we get this change soon. It would allow all players to be way more unique and not just the ones who use CE. Focus on this update first! Please devs!!! :P I'm begging you!!! haha :P

• 3 weeks later...

As the devs appear to be, or will soon be working on the new GUI for the change rooms I thought it may be an idea to put across an idea I have.

There has been talk of custom content and the devs have actually said they were looking to allow custom content.

It has also been mentioned it would not be such an easy task to allow custom content as it would take a fair amount of work for the devs to do so.

I think there may be a way where we can make a start though fairly easily allowing limited custom content.

There are certain items in our clothes list where I think a rather simple system can be applied for it to be supplied.

I think the picture below pretty much explains how this may be done.

The entered test file would be a file the player has prepared for that piece of clothing, they could then view a sample of it on their avatar in the change room.

At this point it could not be used in the game, as it has not been added to the clothing item list, it is only for testing and viewing.

The sample pictures mentioned would just be screen shots of the t shirt with your design showing on it.

Those screenshots are then viewed by others in the forum, liked and commented on, and the devs could then decide on adding it or not.

Custom_sample.jpg

Edited by Achilles
post moved in the right topic

This is a good idea twiggy.... if it can be programmed into the game....that way everyone can share their unique style of fashion with others....I'm sure a lot of members here have a wonderful style in fashion that they would like to share with everyone here in the game.... :)

As the devs appear to be, or will soon be working on the new GUI for the change rooms I thought it may be an idea to put across an idea I have.

There has been talk of custom content and the devs have actually said they were looking to allow custom content.

It has also been mentioned it would not be such an easy task to allow custom content as it would take a fair amount of work for the devs to do so.

I think there may be a way where we can make a start though fairly easily allowing limited custom content.

There are certain items in our clothes list where I think a rather simple system can be applied for it to be supplied.

The entered test file would be a file the player has prepared for that piece of clothing, they could then view a sample of it on their avatar in the change room.

At this point it could not be used in the game, as it has not been added to the clothing item list, it is only for testing and viewing.

The sample pictures mentioned would just be screen shots of the t shirt with your design showing on it.

Those screenshots are then viewed by others in the forum, liked and commented on, and the devs could then decide on adding it or not.

Custom_sample.jpg

Yep I have to agree with Cordelia here, I think we can expect this next update to take a little time.

Although they have shown the prototype of the color palette I think it is just a small part of what they are doing to the UI in our change rooms.

Don't forget there is 2 other sections in there they have to address with the new UI and likely it will look and work something like the UI in the room editor.

There would be quite a bit of work in scripting for that and would take some time.

I don't know the reasons why they changed the UI, I can think of several reasons that may have had them change it.

But what I can see is they seem to be re doing it in a way where it allows for a lot additions where the old design didn't.

There isn't many more areas to go in the new GUI, it is almost all covered now and I am sure the devs will be glad to have it finished.

Then I feel you will see things like the FFF and MMM poses being added and other sex poses, but also as they have made things better to allow additions in other areas, we just might see that continuing as well.

Will be interesting to see where they go when the GUI is done.

Will it go back to just sex poses and everybody think this is only ever going to be just a sex game, or will they include more things not so related to sex as they bring in more sex poses.

Me, I think they should go 50/50 on future updates after the GUI is done.

Give them a break, Lisa only announced it 6 days ago and they have to work in my mods ;)

3oEdv5VpUcxStvBnmE.gif

6 Days ago ?   thats funny....   :mellow:   More like 6 months ago

Next update:
+ New action menu
+ 3 dances anim. (for male and female)
+ 1 sit anim. (for male and female)
+ 1 lie anim. (for male and female)
+ 1 idle anim. (for male and female)
+ "Run" button in Home1 and Home2

P.S.
The color palette will be in the new version UI of the character editor.  :)

Custom_sample.jpg

Hmmm .... The problem is that very few peoples would be able to use that . For a big part of us , the "files" you are talking about are like an alien language . For myself , if you had write in chinesse , i would have understand what you mean the same way than now lol . So not sure it worth for the devs to work on something that less than 15% of the players will use .

6 Days ago ?   thats funny....   :mellow:   More like 6 months ago

Like you can read on your post , they say we will have the color palette with the new UI of the Character Editor , and we dont have the new character editor UI yet so it's not 6 months they anounced it

Hey Leeloo :)

Yep I fully agree with you that not many will actually be able to do the content or even know what the files are, I myself have not done it yet but I do know what the files are and basically what to do.

I think it would be much less than 15%, but the content they do can be made available to everyone.

They have said they want to allow custom content, this is a way they can maybe start it, just with designs for the tops that have artwork on them.

Let the people who do know how to do it make us all some new artwork for those tops.

If it works for those then they can expand it to other things, and maybe even animations.

For what I have shown there it shouldn't take that much work, maybe around what it would take for a single sex pose.

Also you are right, Typsy the color palette was mentioned months ago, but it was said it would be brought in with the new UI in the fall from memory.

Yep that's right, all I am talking about at the moment is textures for existing clothing. The tops with prints on them use texture maps to have those prints show.

The skirts that have different patterns on them also use texture maps.

In fact all the clothes could have texture maps that could be altered to make new designs.

They would still be the same shape, just different looking material and prints.

You make a new texture map from the supplied sample, they make a script to apply that to the existing clothing temporarily and it shows on your avi in the change room.

You take snap shots and post them in the forum, people either like them or don't like them and the devs can pick what they want to add or not.

Later they may be able to supply something in the change room where we can fit completely new styles of clothes to the models in there, but I think that would take quite a bit of work to do.

This is really just a thought to maybe put some ideas in the devs minds where hopefully they will find something that can be done easily and get things started.

If it works they could end up with people helping them to bring in new content while they do the sex poses.

Yep that's right, all I am talking about at the moment is textures for existing clothing. The tops with prints on them use texture maps to have those prints show.

The skirts that have different patterns on them also use texture maps.

In fact all the clothes could have texture maps that could be altered to make new designs.

They would still be the same shape, just different looking material and prints.

You make a new texture map from the supplied sample, they make a script to apply that to the existing clothing temporarily and it shows on your avi in the change room.

You take snap shots and post them in the forum, people either like them or don't like them and the devs can pick what they want to add or not.

Later they may be able to supply something in the change room where we can fit completely new styles of clothes to the models in there, but I think that would take quite a bit of work to do.

This is really just a thought to maybe put some ideas in the devs minds where hopefully they will find something that can be done easily and get things started.

If it works they could end up with people helping them to bring in new content while they do the sex poses.

I have to agree with Twiggy, I've been dealing with graphics, textures, meshes and so on.  It's not that hard to make the changes or provide mapping if they want to give others a chance to add more to offer.  I have a nice file that contains a load of meshes that include female/male hair, furniture, female/male clothing, frames for pictures and other meshes as well as hair textures, clothing textures, simple textures and more.  I was going to send the link a while ago to the folder but didn't.  I didn't want to send in something that I feel would just sit and never be used.  I do things like this because I enjoy it.  I was told about this and many other sites so that I could help out and offer a little more to everyone without getting anything in return because it's something I enjoy doing.

This game has a bit of potential if the time was taken to make it that way.  Having users allow things to be put in can cause several issues to an extent, which I could go into mass details about that but don't wish to take up the entire page to describe it all.  I do agree it would be nice to have more content but all things have to be taken into consideration.

While you are working on the new character editor, would it be possible to also add color options for the striped socks? Would be awesome :)

Silly Rochi.   ;)

Since they are working on a colour palette, fair assumtion would be,

that we will be able to change the colour on everything.

Right ?   :huh:

Silly Rochi.   ;)

Since they are working on a colour palette, fair assumtion would be,

that we will be able to change the colour on everything.

Right ?   :huh:

Sorry Tipsy and Rochi but no you don't have it quite right.

A lot of things are coloured with a texture file, you can only colour a single item with a colour code.

The socks for instance are likely done with a texture file, or else there would need to be a separate item for each colour in the sock.

A texture file is like the item surface being unwrapped and flattened into a picture file.

If the socks are done with a texture file then they would not be able to have the colour picker as you have shown :(

There are people in here that know how to do these texture files and even fully design clothes meshes and all, like SweetApril who has done that in other games for 5 years.

If you remember the thing I suggested where they could make texture files is maybe one way we could get that type of thing done.

You could simply download the texture file for the socks and change the colours, view how it looks in your change room and take some pics, then show it in the forum for the devs to see and hopefully they would add your texture (socks) to the list.

• 2 weeks later...