3DXChat Community

Server Stability

Sage Stoner

In general, I have never had connectivity problems with 3dx, although I know that many other do experience trouble staying connected to the game.

Lately, however, it seems that the server is especially slow to respond when entering rooms, when reading someone's profile, or when performing actions like cuddles and kisses on the cheek. And when this happens, it is almost always followed by that lovely red DISCONNECT dialog box.

I just watched Sin Club empty out one by one and then everyone come back one at a time.

Is it too much to ask that server maintenance be performed regularly on a published schedule so that we know when we can expect to be kicked off?

In general, I have never had connectivity problems with 3dx, although I know that many other do experience trouble staying connected to the game.

Lately, however, it seems that the server is especially slow to respond when entering rooms, when reading someone's profile, or when performing actions like cuddles and kisses on the cheek. And when this happens, it is almost always followed by that lovely red DISCONNECT dialog box.

I just watched Sin Club empty out one by one and then everyone come back one at a time.

Is it too much to ask that server maintenance be performed regularly on a published schedule so that we know when we can expect to be kicked off?

Sage,

I've read somewhere on the forums (I think it was AlexRyder and he seems au fait with unity5) that nearly all lags (slow loading rooms etc) are client-based (the PC) and not down to servers, although the disconnections are, clearly. I defrag the game now and then and there's a program called contig.exe which can be downloaded and used to defrag the game specifically. It's a bit convoluted to explain (but simple to do) so here goes:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/contig.aspx

1. Download from the above link to your desktop, extract the file and click the folder which you will now see appear

2. Copy contig.exe (contig64.exe if your PC is 64bit) into the root folder of 3DX, namely: C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat20beta. You might need to click administrator privileges. To be clear, COPY the file into here, don't create a shortcut.

3. Right click on contig.exe within C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat20beta, select 'send to' and now create a desktop shortcut

4. Right click the short cut and select 'properties' at the bottom of the drop-down menu

5. You will see a box entitled 'target' which will display these details: "C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat20beta\Contig64.exe"

6. click on the end of those details (directly after the speech mark) and create a single space using the spacebar and then type -s

7. At the top of the properties dialogue box you will see a number of menu options, click on 'compatibility' and then tick the box next to 'run this program as an administrator'

8. Click 'ok'

9. Then double-click the shortcut and let it do its thing.

10. 1-8 are one-time only, the shortcut is good to use at anytime going forward unless you have to reinstall the game.

11. If you use a Mac all of the above is utterly useless... sorry

Any

During the last 2 nights there have been connection issues. The connection problems seam to occur for about an hour or so.  The system allows to login for a minute or two until it disconnects you again.  I was able to observe world chat and it was apparent many others were having the same issue.