3DXChat Community

How do I zoom in while recording a video?

JakeArtist

Hi,  :(

I have been trying to make my first real video, not GIFs, while playing 3DXChat, and am having trouble zooming in.

I am serious about making artistic erotic videos from 3DXChat, and having fun :).

Of course I can zoom with my mouse, but even set to 1 of 3 there are pauses between zooming in.

When I look at VladOK's many videos the zoom in is very smooth. He will not answer and tell me what software he is using.

What software do I need to get a smooth zoom in effect while recording live video, in game?

I have tried Bandicam, and even bought Movavi (which is very user friendly and easy to figure out).

I expect to pay $200 or more for what I need.

Thank you very much!

Jake  B)

Yes Brain, you are rite, pressing f5 only stops the ability to zoom in or out, pressing it again allows one to zoom again.

I am surprised after many hours and days of searching that I can not find any software or person who can tell me how to zoom in and out smoothly while recording a video, this seems so basic!

Thanks B)

Yes Brain, you are rite, pressing f5 only stops the ability to zoom in or out, pressing it again allows one to zoom again.

I am surprised after many hours and days of searching that I can not find any software or person who can tell me how to zoom in and out smoothly while recording a video, this seems so basic!

Thanks B)

Personally iwould suggest if you have a good editing program like Sony Vegas Pro that you use camera panning zoom instead, since using flycam it's will always be subject you the human factor. Which often means you wont get nearly as smooth and panning zoom as with editing software.

The zooming is performed in steps in-game (one "step" of the mouse wheel just corresponds to one zooming step), I don't suppose any external software will be able to make it smooth, editing camera controls script will be required. There are values that set the zoom step and camera transition speed per step, I think...

The zooming is performed in steps in-game (one "step" of the mouse wheel just corresponds to one zooming step), I don't suppose any external software will be able to make it smooth, editing camera controls script will be required. There are values that set the zoom step and camera transition speed per step, I think...

Sony Vegas Pro can make a smooth zoom pan, i know that for a fact since i used that function myself a dozen times including in my Xmas movie too.

Sony Vegas Pro can make a smooth zoom pan, i know that for a fact since i used that function myself a dozen times including in my Xmas movie too.

That is a matter of editing an existing video, I was referring to the possibility of getting it right at the source ;)

Only zoom I've seen is when you use the camera but that would pop a menu in your view but you could bring it up leave it in the corner and use the zoom slider. That might work.

Getting the gameplay to be smooth is a matter of cpu/gpu power. Having a great graphics card will make the game run at 60fps (or more) smoothly.

Making a smooth zoom effect while playing the game (without post editing of the video) is only achievable with F5 freecam and then using wasd keys to move the camera around. For example: hold your camera steady without moving the mouse and hold down w key to move forward gives you the smoothest available zoom effect you can get in this game. If you want it to go even slower I believe there are some "hacked" dll's that can offer you this.

Recording the video in ways to have as smooth playback as in gameplay is a combination of cpu/gpu power and the right tool. I personally suggest not using 3rd party tools for recording and instead use software that can do hardware H264 encoding in real time using purely your gpu. I use the Nvidia ShadowPlay which gives me the best possible and smoothest video recording.

Furthermore if you need post processing of the video for effects or cuts etc, you need to use video editing tools like for example Adobe Premier which i personally find to be the best for this kind of work.

:) Ah Ha, thanks Rochi, this method works fine for me, for now, and I can finally start making my first test video to share with you all.

PS - If this does not work for you try starting the game over, like I just had to do.

There's also some kind of a zoom, well its actually FOV but anyway, in shift plus and shift minus, only works outside of free cam though x)

I will continue to try and contact VladOK to see what he is using to make videos like the one below, on YouTube.

He must be zooming in and out with his mouse, in some great software, because he is zooming while moving the couple around in space at the same time.

If I can mention Movavi, it is the best and easiest software I have found for a beginner like me, especially for the initial selection of the 3DX game window that sits on my desktop, with my other desktop icons showing behind it. It is free for seven days and is cheap. I tried many of the other cheap programs mentioned above but could not get them to just select the 3DX game window with out selecting my full screen desktop at the same time.

Ciao For Now - Jake B)

I have found using Shift-Plus and Shift-Minus in combo with the mouse is better than using F5 and combination mouse/cursor keys, although the former does require more control because it is a two finger combo. I use Bandicam set at the max of 120fps and 100% quality and it gives reasonable results compared to the original image.

Thanks for that GeorgeGr, I didn't even know ShadowPlay was available. It works great. The only thing is... to save me having to think about it... the cursor doesn't show when I use Bandicam but it does with ShadowPlay so (and, don't smack me, it must be easy) how do I stop it displaying?

Thanks B)

When you press F5, you'll be able to fly around with your camera, thats what VladOK seems to be doing in the video. Use the keyboard arrows or wasd and mouse to control it.