3DXChat Community

2.0 crashes my PC randomly

RustyD

So over the last few days 2.0 has started crashing randomly for me. it will work perfectly for a few hours, then my PC crashes and i have to restart. after that first one it cant stay running for more than a minuet or two. ive messed with all the settings, iv'e reinstalled, iv'e forced updates, nothing seems to fix.

any ideas?

Might be you graphics card running too hot. As a safety measure a PC will shut down if there is a danger of the card over heating. When you say PC, I'm assuming it's a desktop and not a notebook or laptop. If that's the case overheating is less likely unless the fan is damaged or the vents are blocked with dust. If you install the software from the link below you will be able to monitor the temps of your graphics card. A google search of the make and model of your card will show the safe operating temps. All the above was an issue I had which caused the same instant shut down problem until I cleaned the vents and fan.

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.29.exe

Ps: Maybe have this app running in the background while you're using 3DX and alt/tab now and then to see if the temps are going off the scale.