3DXChat Community

Angels Of Desire presents - Think Pink - October 17th

LauraTWK

tumblr_oedaahjcBx1v7b2slo1_1280.png

We would like to invite you all to show your support for breast cancer awareness by thinking pink at Angels of Desire.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month - a time to wear pink or dye your hair pink in an attempt to raise people's

awareness of this terrible disease and to promote the need for simple self-checks and to encourage friends and loved ones

to do the sameThe earlier a breast cancer is diagnosed, the easier it is likely to be to treat it and the better the chance of cure.

While the Angels of Desire rockclub will be thinking pink for all of October, we will also be throwing a special party specifically

with the intention of raising awareness for this cause. If you want to show your support, please join us in wearing pink and enjoying great evening of rock, metal and funk music.

When: Monday October 17th

7 PM CET

6 PM BST

1 PM EST

4 AM ACT

Where: Angels of Desire Rockclub 2.0

Dress code: Wear Pink - Think Pink

And bringing you the music will be:

7:00 - 8:00 CET: AmandaHThomas

8:00 - 9:00 CET: Xanar

9:00 - 10:00 CET: LauraTWK

10:00 - 11:00 CET: SayaX

And even if you are not interested in this event or cannot make it on the night, please still think pink this October - you can still make a difference!

If you would like to learn more, please check out Caren's post where she has included some great information.

pin_1476723600.png

It is a pleasure to be part of this event and thank you Laura for asking me to participate.

While I have no experience with breast cancer, I do have experience with cancer in general. Back in March I lost my wife to a brain tumour. It didn't just affect me, but it also affected our kids and the wider family. The 3DX community has always been very supportive of good causes and I will be forever grateful for the support of my Brain Tumour Awareness Party and the pink rock parties back in October 2015. I hope as many come and support this great cause as well.

It is great to see the support with people wearing pink and / or wearing the breast cancer awareness logo in game and expressing their support in profiles. The more support the better.

Thank you so much to Gizmo and Lisa for showing their support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Remember, even if you are not interested in this event, still support this cause in anyway you can. Wear pink, read Caren's thread, support Natsumi's event.

If even one person can beat this terrible disease because they are a little but more aware of it, then it is all worthwhile. And that means you too boys, it's not just girls that need to check themselves. Be aware and take care of yourselves.

Thank you everyone for making last night a great event, for a good cause. And an extra big thank you to Xanar, Laura and the rest of the AoD.

I'll be sad not to be able to attend any more AoD events, I always felt welcome there and had a lot of fun. So, a big, heartfelt THANK YOU to Xanar, Laura and the Angels of Desire, for all the friends I've made at AoD events, for the fun and the good times.