3DXChat Community

A Matrix ViewPoint: Throwing baby out with bath water perhaps best option

Matrix

Hello fellow 3DX comrades.

My intent is to pick a topic every now and then and express my Viewpoint. I understand expressing one’s opinion will at times be controversial to some – hopefully a very selected few.  To those I offend, please accept my apology in advance :P

Todays Topic: 3DX Marriages – Keep Your Hands Off!

Yes, almost all of us have been married or will get married. It’s a wonderful experience and really is a beautiful way of expressing one’s love, affection, intimacy, devotion, sharing, caring and understand to your significant other.

But, there are those few that get married on a regular basis – almost to the point of having a different flavor for each month or even week in some cases. So I ask myself why do some choose to marry so often?

So here it goes… my first opinion, please be gentle. ;)

I believe people that make marriage a regular practice on 3DX do it for reasons of ownership. They other party is a possession and marriage is used too "wary-off" other 3DX users.  Its like placing the label or sign “This is mine keep your hands off” on your partners forehead.

If you think I’m wrong, I invite you to enlighten  :rolleyes:  

Great Movie !

Um, lets see.... Maybe  :wub: 

How many times have you been married in the last 6 months?  :P

Only been married once for a month and that was geez over a year ago. My husband was only online for the marriage and then I didn't see him till a month later then got on my case bc I didn't stop talking with my friend to be with him so I Divorced his ass.

But to be honest I was proposed to from out of the blue not too long ago but I said no. So are we good? Whens the big wedding. I want 10 bridesmaids they will be my alts from my other accounts. *lmao* Also I want our alter in on the beach in home 1 on 2.0 oh and must have rehearsals bc I can't stand the weddings I go to and they are soooooo unorganized. :D

DEAL?

bridezilla.jpg

Only been married once for a month and that was geez over a year ago. My husband was only online for the marriage and then I didn't see him till a month later then got on my case bc I didn't stop talking with my friend to be with him so I Divorced his ass.

But to be honest I was proposed to from out of the blue not too long ago but I said no. So are we good? Whens the big wedding. I want 10 bridesmaids they will be my alts from my other accounts. *lmao* Also I want our alter in on the beach in home 1 on 2.0 oh and must have rehearsals bc I can't stand the weddings I go to and they are soooooo unorganized. :D

DEAL?

bridezilla.jpg

Your not Sandra! NO!!

I do know someone that is your type... what was his name again... hmmm, yes..   King Kong   :D 

Hello fellow 3DX comrades.

My intent is to pick a topic every now and then and express my Viewpoint. I understand expressing one’s opinion will at times be controversial to some – hopefully a very selected few.  To those I offend, please accept my apology in advance :P

Todays Topic: 3DX Marriages – Keep Your Hands Off!

Yes, almost all of us have been married or will get married. It’s a wonderful experience and really is a beautiful way of expressing one’s love, affection, intimacy, devotion, sharing, caring and understand to your significant other.

But, there are those few that get married on a regular basis – almost to the point of having a different flavor for each month or even week in some cases. So I ask myself why do some choose to marry so often?

So here it goes… my first opinion, please be gentle. ;)

I believe people that make marriage a regular practice on 3DX do it for reasons of ownership. The other party is really a possession and marriage is used too "wary-off" other 3DX users.  Its like placing the label or sign “This is mine keep your hands off” on your partners forehead.

If you think I’m wrong, I invite you to enlighten  :rolleyes:  

Marriage can have the opposite effect. Some people see it as the ultimate challenge, to snare another's wife/husband.

Also, your description of marriage in game as a sign warning off others. Well, isn't real life marriage a little of that also?

Marriage can have the opposite effect. Some people see it as the ultimate challenge, to snare another's wife/husband.

Also, your description of marriage in game as a sign warning off others. Well, isn't real life marriage a little of that also?

I agree, some shallow individuals do look at snaring another's spouse as a sport or challenge.

As for claiming your wife or husband to warn off others; yes, I believe there is a element to claiming ones spouse through marriage but certainly not the only element and certainly not a significant one. People that change spouses often are possessive and selfish... but perhaps there is another element at play... perhaps they are just poor lovers and lack the ability to hold onto a relationship... thus coming back to possessiveness - using marriage to hold onto a relationship.

Hey matey, you asked people to say if they disagree with you, so here's my tuppence worth (for what it's worth)...

Yes, I disagree with you (now there's a surprise lol), but not for why you may think.

"Yes, almost all of us have been married or will get married. It’s a wonderful experience and really is a beautiful way of expressing one’s love..."

I groaned the day they added marriage to 3dx. I thought, and I still think, it was the worst step the devs could possibly take.

Just my view... lol.

I am still confused about the naming thing. Matrix, Rambo, Rambo, Matrix.... so why does your name deviates?

But maybe this opens up new possibilities. Ever thought about to marry yourself?

♥ Rambo & Matrix 

f3s5z.jpg

Such a cuuuuute couple :):P

Your right, they do look like a cute couple ;) 

I wish I had something funny to say here but I don't. Rambo was the name I started with when joining 3DX. When I opened a forum account Rambo was taken so I went with Matrix. I used Rambo's ViewPoint because most people know me as Rambo but for you my dear Chloe I have changed it to "A Matrix ViewPoint."

As for marrying oneself, that would be a first, wouldn't it?  I'm sure others have done it using two accounts for malicious reasons - I wonder. :huh:

P.S. I kind of like the new Title - thanks Chloe :D

Hey matey, you asked people to say if they disagree with you, so here's my tuppence worth (for what it's worth)...

Yes, I disagree with you (now there's a surprise lol), but not for why you may think.

"Yes, almost all of us have been married or will get married. It’s a wonderful experience and really is a beautiful way of expressing one’s love..."

I groaned the day they added marriage to 3dx. I thought, and I still think, it was the worst step the devs could possibly take.

Just my view... lol.

Judging by the number of marriages and divorces that occur, I would imagine its a real money maker. Don't see it ever ending which brings me to another theory... perhaps this is a conspiracy by the owners where subliminal messages come to us  through our screens making us want to marry and divorce again and again and again :D

Yes we wanted it :) And I am happily married since two years now (longer that the feature exist).

No one is compelled to marry. So where is the problem?

“Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump

Nothing to add here... should anyone marry and divorce again and again and again.... 

Yes we wanted it :) And I am happily married since two years now (longer that the feature exist).

No one is compelled to marry. So where is the problem?

“Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump

Nothing to add here... should anyone marry and divorce again and again and again.... 

Another great movie Chloe. :)

Congratulations on your marriage. Two years is a very long time in 3DX land. :wub:

So that we are clear, my Viewpoint was not against being married. It was about people that get married often. I was trying to understand there reasons behind it. :huh:

Another great movie Chloe. :)

Congratulations on your marriage. Two years is a very long time in 3DX land. :wub:

So that we are clear, my Viewpoint was not against being married. It was about people that get married often. I was trying to understand they reasons behind it. :huh:

You will get insane if you try to find a reason for this... there is none... they are just _____________ <--- put in your favourite troll word!

Todays Topic:  What is everyone waiting for, 2.0 is starting to Roar!

• Bugs you say, both 1.0 and 2.0 have bugs and frankly I have yet to run into one in 2.0.
  • Local places are empty you say. Not true, I have flipped back and forth several times and see it close to a 50/50 split.
  • Its Slower you say. Not, Its running faster with less latency.
  • My computer will not be able to handle it. Not true, 2.0 uses less resources.
  • But my friends are in 1.0. Really, when was the last time you looked.

So when is the right time fellow comrades. :mellow:

Haven’t you noticed 1.0 has less people. Want to guess why?? :blink: 
Better graphics, more features… 1.0 is on its last legs… accept change folks 2.0 has arrived and its roaring! :lol:

Accept change fellow comrades. :)

1.0 is living a slow and lingering death with diminishing returns day by day.  2.0 is on the brink of a huge momentum swing. I give 1.0 two more weeks... by the end of October you will hear nothing but crickets in 1.0. :wacko:

Isn't it time to plan your switch? :unsure:

Its no contest!

I take it back. 2.0 is not Starting to Roar.... 2.0 has arrived and is Roaring !!

What I weekend... My guess is an 80/20 split for 2.0 this weekend.

Yeah we've reached tipping point for sure. Next question: do I delete 1.0? I mean I've been going to 2.0 since the first beta (when all the public spaces were empty and we basically had the place t ourselves ;) ) and rarely, if ever, use 1.0.

Guest Twiggy

I haven't been V1 much at all since the 2nd patch for V2.

Haven't really experienced the bugs others have.

Just been in and it looks like most are now in V2, I think it is time to switch everyone and lets get any bugs sorted so all can enjoy it.

Guest Fuwakumi

But to be honest I was proposed to from out of the blue not too long ago but I said no. So are we good? Whens the big wedding. I want 10 bridesmaids they will be my alts from my other accounts. *lmao* Also I want our alter in on the beach in home 1 on 2.0 oh and must have rehearsals bc I can't stand the weddings I go to and they are soooooo unorganized. :D

DEAL?

bridezilla.jpg

LOL, I nearly fell off my chair reading this at work in front of customers. LOL!

Guest Fuwakumi

Personally I've gone through a real marriage in RL, and didn't go well for me. Sad to say that I'm divorced but I have custody on all 3 of my beautiful little girls, so it wasn't all bad. I'm not going to get married in this game no matter who asks me. Just my choice, I'm a free MILF. lol