3DXChat Community

The Colour game

Ashbash

Guest TrixyTrump

Turquoise is perhaps the oldest stone in man's history, the talisman of kings, shamans, and warriors. It is a stone of protection, strong and opaque, yet soothing to the touch, healing to the eye, as if carved from an azure heaven and slipped to earth.    

Info I never knew, thanks Briana for having me learn something today. :)

ScreenShot2928.jpg

Next color - Puce

Guest TrixyTrump

Ivory can be taken from dead animals – however, most ivory came from elephants that were killed for their tusks. For example, in 1930 to acquire 40 tons of ivory required the killing of approximately 700 elephants. Other animals which are now endangered were also preyed upon, for example, hippos, which have very hard white ivory prized for making artificial teeth. In the first half of the 20th century, Kenyan elephant herds were devastated because of demand for ivory, to be used for piano keys.

1024px-Decorated_ivory.JPG

This is a beautiful carving

HAHA, a play on your last color 

EBONY

Guest TrixyTrump

Amethyst is a violet variety of quartz often used in jewelry. The name comes from the ancient Greek  a- ("not") and μέθυστοςméthystos ("intoxicated"), a reference to the belief that the stone protected its owner from drunkenness. The ancient Greeks wore amethyst and made drinking vessels decorated with it in the belief that it would prevent intoxication. It is one of several forms of quartz. Amethyst is a semiprecious stone and is the traditional birthstone for February.30465039506_5bcdf9f811_m.jpg

Next color - Jade

Kristal, meaning crystal in several languages, and can be said that  crystal or crystalline solid is a solid material whose constituents (such as atoms, molecules or ions) are arranged in a highly ordered microscopic structure, forming a crystal lattice that extends in all directions.[1][2] In addition, macroscopic single crystals are usually identifiable by their geometrical shape, consisting of flat faces with specific, characteristic orientations. The scientific study of crystals and crystal formation is known as crystallography. The process of crystal formation via mechanisms of crystal growth is called crystallization or solidification .

250px-Quartz_oisan.jpg

But on to other things, such as INCARNADINE

Ah, now I don't hardly know her

But I think I could love her

Crimson and clover

Ah when she comes walking over

Now I've been waitin' to show her

Crimson and clover over and over   

Yeah,my, such a sweet thing

I wanna do everything

What a beautiful feeling

Crimson and clover over and over