3DXChat Community

"Connection Lost" upon entering public areas?

JamesJames

There is a way I have fixed this. I open my VPN of work and play through there. My route is different then, so no DCs anymore. Wow! I don't know if there are free VPN's out there you can use for this, but I think it could be a solution for more people.

Robbert, there is the possibility to use free vpn software, but the speed down your connection to 768 k/bits. Not very useful to play a game with a constant music stream. Else you have to pay a lot of money to use a professional service. In my opinion this can´t be the solution.

Hi Rubberduck,

Ok, I didn't know that, my VPN is work related, so I'm in luck on this point. Also, I didn't present this as a definite solution, more as a work around maybe, if a free VPN service is available somewhere.

With every patch I still first try without VPN and mail the log file to support. I hope they'll be able to fix this soon, so we can all play again. 

It's been a month that I have a lot of connections problems, but only in my appartement... In my parents house (where I come back each weekends), I don't have any problem of connection!

The only thing which change between my apartment and the house of my parents is the internet operator , Numericable in my appartement and Free in my parents house.

So maybe the problem comes from numericable... I don't know...

Anyway if the problem persist, I'll stop pay for playing a game which half-works...

I post the screen of the tracert if it can help :

67551_Capture.png

Thats really disturbing, I cant play 10 minutes without a DC , and that is not a problem with my PC, the last time i logged in a few months ago, there was no such problem. So I hope it will get fixed,