3DXChat Community

"Connection Lost" upon entering public areas?

JamesJames

Hi guys,

I'm running 3DX on 2 pc's - one of them works fine, no dropouts, decent connection, no lag etc. However, on my second PC, I'm having a lot of trouble connecting. I can login to the game, login to a character, and easily get to my apartment. It's fine up to that point, until I try to enter a public area such as the nightclub, or sinclub. 

At this point, it goes to the loading screen (With the image, random gameplay tip and spinning indicator), and the indicator will spin about half a turn and then stop. The game will hang at that point for anywhere up to 30 seconds, during which time the music from the area will often start playing fine. Eventually, after hanging for quite some time, the area will load, and I will be teleported into it, devoid of all other players, showing a "Connection Lost" error. Clicking this boots me back to character select. 

Every so often, very very rarely, I am able to enter a public area on this PC. When I do, I experience no connection issues, no lag, no problems. Which leads me to think it's got to have something to do with connecting to the servers?

Another issue that makes me think this is when I'm at my apartment, if I choose to add a partner, it will hang for anywhere up to 30 seconds, before they appear. They usually appear and everything inside the apartment works fine when they do. I wonder if this is also a "connecting to server" issue, as I imagine they download the character data from server, and everything after that is "offline" in your apartment? I don't know. Just a theory.

I've checked out my PC's firewall settings, and the game still has "Connection Lost" issues even when I've completely disabled the firewall. I thought it might have been a graphics card issue, but I've just swapped that out and it's still a problem. I'm still able to play on one of my PC's, but it'd be nice to get it going on both!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The PC at fault is an AMD 3ghz with an AMD Radeon R9 280x GFX. It's running over network via cat6 into a router - the very same router that the other pc (that works fine) is on. Both PC's have otherwise fine internet access. I could post up some more detailed system info if you like?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue since about ten days. It happens only with a specific provider (cable), not with others (fiber) and i'm in Europe. I've seen people being dc'ed at the same time too.

So Brun, if you want more details, i'm available !

Thanks.

Actually a lot of players suffers from the same problem. Me included.

We loose the connection to the game server for a second and got disconnected. The connection to the sky.ffm server isn´t affected, same with the Dj servers. If we stay disconnected at the map we are still able to see our friendlist and the change in it, when people log on or off.

I tried to make a trace to the main server but it wasn´t successful. A ping worked properly.

1. Press windows key

2. Where is says "search programs and files" type cmd and press enter, this will open a command prompt

3. Type the tracert below and press enter

tracert 198.105.215.52

4. When it is finished, press alt+PrintScrn to take a screenshot of just that window

5. Post screenshot here

Alright, well you're hopping from France into the same datacenter in Amsterdam that RobbertM is (assuming this from DannyP as well given what I know of where he lives), then continues on in the same route.

Given that someone said above that fiber users are not experiencing this, it seems likely that it's an issue with the routing through your ISPs, though I would need to look at more data to confirm such. 

If someone in France or Netherlands that is *not* experiencing this issue could post their tracert, that would be helpful for further diagnotics.

Alright, more info

Kito uses Numericable in France, Bobi and Florine do as well and also have issues. Florine is currently at another location that *does not* use Numericable and *IS NOT* having connection issues. Pierr does not use Numericable, instead uses Free, and has no issues. All four of these individuals are in France.

Here´s my trace from germany. Seems like it´s the same route.

Images2PDFC: Console application of Images2PDF.
             Copyright by pdfforge GbR © 2010, 2011, 2012

Use the parameter /? for more information.

C:\Program Files (x86)\PDFCreator\Images2PDF>tracert 198.105.215.52

Routenverfolgung zu whatihost.com [198.105.215.52]
über maximal 30 Hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms     1 ms  easy.box [192.168.2.1]
  2    59 ms    55 ms    54 ms  10.218.3.12
  3    51 ms    66 ms    51 ms  10.218.3.18
  4    63 ms    80 ms    72 ms  92.79.230.65
  5    96 ms    84 ms    73 ms  188.111.129.26
  6    71 ms    72 ms     *     ams-ix.ae1.cr1.ams2.nl.nlayer.net [195.69.145.21
9]
  7    85 ms    69 ms    72 ms  ae3-50g.cr1.ams2.nl.nlayer.net [69.22.139.238]
  8    69 ms    86 ms    82 ms  ae12-69.ams12.ip4.tinet.net [46.33.95.1]
  9   232 ms   244 ms   216 ms  xe-4-0-1.pao10.ip4.tinet.net [141.136.108.53]
 10   325 ms   227 ms   227 ms  as4436.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.68.202]
 11   237 ms   223 ms   221 ms  xe-0-0-0.cr2.slc1.us.nlayer.net [69.22.142.0]
 12   213 ms   251 ms   236 ms  as29854.ae2.cr2.slc1.us.nlayer.net [69.22.153.86
]
 13   225 ms   237 ms   224 ms  206.130.126.30.west-datacenter.net [206.130.126.
30]
 14   227 ms   226 ms   229 ms  whatihost.com [198.105.215.52]

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

C:\Program Files (x86)\PDFCreator\Images2PDF>

From the screenshot above, Pierr who is on Free, is hopping directly out of France and into Virginia (US), no routing through nlayer/Amersterdam.

I'm guessing it's some nLayer networking issue, especially as we have confirmation from users in Germany and Netherlands that are also going through nLayers routing and having issues.

Microsoft Windows [versie 6.0.6001]
Copyright © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

tracert 198.105.215.52

Traceren van de route naar 3dxchat.com [198.105.215.52]
via maximaal 30 hops:

patch 208 - new fixes

Could you please help us to fix this issue?

Next time you get 'lost connection' message follow these steps:
1) Close your game
2) Send 'output_log.txt' file from '3dxchat_Data' folder to support@sexgamedevil.com

Thanks!