3DXChat Community

Given that 3DXChat 1.0 is almost dead, and the topic of, "Is 3DXChat dying?"  now over and locked, I wanted to start a new topic now that 2.0 is finally upon us, full of possibilities and a renewed sense of imagination.

Though I can't speak for the entire community, these are questions that I've been able to formulate in my mind, now that I've been free and clear of this game for a few months now, no longer driven by the negativity that misguided my thinking before, asking me to question something's death, rather than supporting it to live.

Speaking for myself, at some point you have to grow up, and if you really love something, then you have to ask the proper questions in order for it to grow in the right direction, though not everyone will see your vision the same as you do, and that's okay. Not everyone's going to agree with everything said here, but I'm hoping most, will.

And with this new thread, I bring with it updated questions from my previous thread; much like 2.0 itself, upgraded as well.

Now that 3DXChat 2.0 is being tested in beta, what more could we do as a community to help better along the game's process, besides bug testing? Are you in need of artists willing to donate their time to help sketch out ideas for you? Are you looking for 3D artists that can help create more sex poses for you? If we could all pick one item of practical clothing we'd love to see come to life in this game, would that help alleviate the amount of content in some manner?

What tools would we need in order for us to help with all of this? Are there people in the community willing to team up to help create any of this content?

What can we do better, as a community, to bring back the spark of development for your game? How can we better enrich the flow of progress here? How can we better invest in your game? Are you in need of crowd funding? Could our frustrations be diminished, collectively as a whole, if we all work together?

If I could sit the developer down in front of you, right now, and ask them to listen to you, without the fear of being censored by the only two moderators left in this forum now, how would you help them, if you would help them at all?

I'm sure there are other questions that will arise, but for now, I'd like to initiate these to help begin a conversation. And if you have nothing constructive to add to this conversation, trust me, I was just like you.

If I can grow up and try to help, I'm sure you can, too.

I am sorry to burst your bubble but we had that all before. People who spend alot of time for free to help creating content. I remember FrenchTouch was one of them creators and she did alot nice dances and poses. But as tastes are different her work was also bashed and people trolled the "New content" section with so much negativity that even the willing ones wanting to give up creating content for free. The same happened with the DJ Network just a couple of months later.

Anything created by the community and also for free has always been bashed in the past and thoose that happily did the content for the people, started to give up on it. I think the most unthankful thing to do is User Generated Content or User Entertainment.

Maybe one day if people show respect to the voluntary artists here we will see it again. But I think it ll never happen because there is always one idiot complaining about free-stuff.

Okay so you started the "Is 3dx dying" thread and it went on for many pages. It's now locked, but honestly did you actually read the thread that you started?

All the points you make in this one including your grand idea of having user created content is talked about there.

"How can we better enrich our content" simple by making suggestions in the numerous threads for clothes, poses and other content already made available and widely used by the community.

I'm going to redirect you to my last comment:

"For some of us that have been members for a long while, we have come to terms that 3dx chat is what it is! You will never change this, just like you cannot reinvent the wheel you cannot change the nature of this games development team. They will give you what they want to, they will work on what they want to, at a time scale that they want to".

"Sure I would love to have more, I would love to actually get more communication from the devs, but does it actually really affect my time here?"

"Bottom line I come here for my friends and my connections. No amount of updates would ever change that fact. So I think really you should be asking yourself what you want, what is your priority in the game, then decide for yourself if you have chosen the right game for you".

And honestly I find your OP slightly condescending: "If I can grow up and try to help, I'm sure you can, too".

"Is 3dxchat 2.0 ready to thrive?" It already is...

There is the option to make user created content. I wrote a topic on this explaining the process and the tools you need to use from dev answers.

Its called User Created Content, it's in the development and suggestion forum.

But as mentioned above in Nikkis post. The community members who do these contents get bashes on and such because their artistic taste isn't the same as some peoples here and it just becomes a cesspool of bickering, which then in turn makes the artists lose motivation and stop.

The thing is its a little like Yin and Yang. People want more content more quickly and when members of the community make some content the same people crap on their work rather than giving constructive feedback on how to improve their work or ideas on how to do something differently to make it more effective. Then the inevitable happens, the content gets closed, shutdown or stopped. Then these same people who caused the stop then go back on their high horses of entitlement and demand content again and kick up a fuss that nothings being done.

It's a vicious cycle to be quite frank with you unfortunately. But thats just my own two cents on the matter.

Devs do need to communicate more with their community though we all can agree on that.

Perhaps we would see far less bashing if the community was made better aware of user created free content. Perhaps a thread can be setup on the main forum page listing the tools needed; and a description of the free work crediting the creator. Perhaps comments should only be allowed for the 1st week and then shut off with negative comments removed or perhaps the community should practice a little public shaming for those that choose to bash free work.

I think all these steps would stem the criticism.  People that work for free seek praise and recognition. Not near enough was given to encourage more work.

I think some responses point out the exact reason why people give up on creating content or even trying to suggest ways to make the game better. We were all idealistic at some point before we said whatever and realized it is what it is, most of us anyway l. That said, I don't particularly see why someone who does not wish to contribute and play the game for what it is needs to grow up. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sometimes the way something is stated, especially in text doesn't translate well, thus taking away from the intended message.

Perhaps we would see far less bashing if the community was made better aware of user created free content. Perhaps a thread can be setup on the main forum page listing the tools needed; and a description of the free work crediting the creator. Perhaps comments should only be allowed for the 1st week and then shut off with negative comments removed or perhaps the community should practice a little public shaming for those that choose to bash free work.

I think all these steps would stem the criticism.  People that work for free seek praise and recognition. Not near enough was given to encourage more work.

You can't remove people's comments simply because they are negative as that goes against the concept of free speech on the forums. Neither would those steps eliminate negativity. Some ppl were born to be whinging morons.

As has already been said, the efforts of some individuals were slated by a minority whose voice seemed to be louder than those many of us who appreciated the efforts. But 3dx reflects life sadly; there will always be those who demand more more more and then, when offered it, decide they don't like it.

I do agree with the OP that it's time 2.0 took off; maybe the devs could incentivise the players somehow to encourage more to take it up? Not sure what this would mean though.

Guys FrenchTouch didn't give up because of the comments and people in the game, she gave up because she spent so much time making the last lot of stuff she did and the devs didn't even bother to pm her.

If you look at her thread she says that, over a week now and still no word, and then says how long it took to make all the things she did in that last lot of stuff.

She told me once that she had not had any bad comments for a long time from people in the game, and that she felt most people really did appreciate what she was doing.

She even tried to help me get a thread going to encourage people to have a go at it.

Ash I am sorry, but the thread you have goes no where near far enough to letting people know what to do.

There is a lot more to it than you have on there, and the files you mention can be made in a lot of different programs of which most of them won't work properly.

I spoke with a few different people that had tried to submit things to the devs where they just got told things like, they are in the wrong format.

Like SweetApril who has successfully made clothes for other games for over 5 years.

It was not the lack of people wanting to do it, it was the devs not doing what was needed to get it going.

But 3dx reflects life sadly; there will always be those who demand more more more and then, when offered it, decide they don't like it.

or evn have left by then and or, are already gone again lol

sorry but the entire thread is really no diff from the is 3dx dying thread, made to start friction again because the first one was closed. 20 bucks say this gets bad, quickly

i thought it and u wrote it^^ and so...just a question: anyone saw my sticktape anywhere!? ah, there, thx...damn, i forgot it lately in my also last post at that gendertopic place^^

cup.png?id=77387221

Hey Twigglydoodles <3

Yes I am aware it is not enhanced detailed. It is only a basic guideline from which was instructed in it's basic terms by the devs. Of course, the people who know how to do modelling, texturing etc... Will know how to go about the process completely, it is just a basic guideline to follow to get you started. :)

Hey Twigglydoodles <3

Yes I am aware it is not enhanced detailed. It is only a basic guideline from which was instructed in it's basic terms by the devs. Of course, the people who know how to do modelling, texturing etc... Will know how to go about the process completely, it is just a basic guideline to follow to get you started. :)

Hey Ash, yes I do understand that, the problem is that the devs don't seem to, lol

I sent an idea to gizmo myself about custom content and was just referred to that thread of yours like it had all the information that is needed.

I know others that have said the same.

I tried to get things happening with animations that could be done without having to use MotionBuilder or 3DS Max which costs hundreds of dollars a month subs or thousands to purchase outright.

The problem there is finding which programs will actually produce animation files that will be exactly the same as 3DS made animations.

Also there is the correct skeleton to use, there is no information given on that  and I couldn't seem to get that from FrenchTouch either.

From what I understand there are different skeletons that 3DS uses, and other programs like Daz3d use there own as well.

Even with the correct skeleton when using some of the other animation programs and transferred to 3DS, there is subtle differences after the transfer.

For clothes we have nothing to make the clothes to fit, you can't even start to make clothes without something to fit them to.

That thread of yours needs to have links to downloads to where clothes makers can get what they need to be able to make the clothes.

To give you a better example of what went on, when SweetApril sent some samples of her clothes, she did say she feels they likely will not fit, but got an answer saying, sorry they do not fit.

She tried sending another pm saying she knows that but needs a model to fit them to, but got nowhere.

I spent a lot of hours checking out things in Unity, asking questions to people in here and in the unity forums to make sure an idea I had thought of could be done.

I not only found out it could be done but also that it would be very easy to do.

Also it took a lot of time and thought to find something I thought had a chance of working and that people could get into using easily.

I had to find out about clothes making and other things to be able to do that.

I wrote it out in fairly good detail, trying to keep in mind that Gizmo had trouble with English, and that took time.

All that to get a pm back just referring me to your thread.

From what I have seen and experienced, I not only believe that the devs not only have trouble reading our pms, I believe they really don't even try.

I told you about my idea in the game and I think you saw it to be a good idea and could well get things going in custom content.

Also you agreed it would be fun for people to be able to do.

But I have given up on it as I am no longer prepared to put in the hours I have checking out things to make sure my ideas are viable.

The reason for that is it can be the best idea out, and it seems it will get the same attention as the worst.

You can't remove people's comments simply because they are negative as that goes against the concept of free speech on the forums. Neither would those steps eliminate negativity. Some ppl were born to be whinging morons.

What I am about to say is completely off topic for this thread, but I'm going to post it anyway.

I don't think the concept of free speech has ever really been in play in this forum. Like a lot of places on the Internet, people here have been trashing threads since the very beginning. In fact, since the developers have shown that they are completely incapable of moderating or enforcing their own terms of use on this forum, I'd like to make a suggestion. I think that forum members ought to be allowed to moderate threads that they originate. It might stifle free speech to a certain extent, but if the OP were able to delete any comment he or she found offensive, it would certainly go a long way toward protecting the tread from hi-jacking or irrelevant and non-constructive comments.

Isn't the nub of it as simple as give us, the users, the tools to create our own content in game and make it available. That way people can decide for themselves if they want to use it or not.

maybe in the near future we will have designing tools available to us where people that know how to design can share their designs  with everyone or even animations and furniture and objects and clothing and even new places and locations and such I have to agree a lot of help can make this social game grow as more stuff and places that people can enjoy and if that happends I would be still glad to help make clothing and such for here for people to enjoy.... I am excited for all what is to come to 3dxchat....and I still enjoy it and getting to hangout with people I know here and meet new people....so we all can still enjoy it and look forward to what is to come....As a avatar graphic designer I know it takes a lot of work and time and thought for all  of the work that goes into this social game to be made and be successful.... :)

Hey April, :) huggz,

I haven't seen you in the game for so long I thought you had gone.

Can you put in here exactly what you need , like if it is a mesh file, file type and so on.

Maybe Ash could then do something about getting it added to his post, like a download.

Hey April, :) huggz,

I haven't seen you in the game for so long I thought you had gone.

Can you put in here exactly what you need , like if it is a mesh file, file type and so on.

Maybe Ash could then do something about getting it added to his post, like a download.

well as the designing here is made of sculpting on a avatar model....in a 3D design program.... a person would have to have the correct avatar 3D model to put into the 3D designing program to sculpt and design on to fit the clothing and such to where it will work on the avatars in the world...and whatever else is needed to do successful designing for here.... :)