3DXChat Community

System requirements for 3DXChat 2.0

Brett Smith

Hello all,

I am about to buy a brand new computer, but before I do that I have done the needed research about software and programs I need it for. I also need some info about 3DXChat 2.0 as I couldn't find these details anywhere (I did not spend a lot of time looking for it though).

Basically I would like some information on what the optimal system requirements are to get a good performance - including photos and recording videos - during game time.

CPU speed

Graphics card info

RAM

Motherboard info maybe

Every helpful post is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all,

I am about to buy a brand new computer, but before I do that I have done the needed research about software and programs I need it for. I also need some info about 3DXChat 2.0 as I couldn't find these details anywhere (I did not spend a lot of time looking for it though).

Basically I would like some information on what the optimal system requirements are to get a good performance - including photos and recording videos - during game time.

CPU speed

Graphics card info

RAM

Motherboard info maybe

Every helpful post is appreciated. Thanks!

Brett if you go to the support page they have the system requirements there, but I copied and pasted them for you to read as well as I did the same for the link to the support page for you to verify it with your own eyes.

You will indeed need a really good computer for 2.0, but these base requirements for 1.0 should do it. However to be certain I would try to buy a pc that has a bit of upgrades compared to what is shown here. Therefore instead of 1 gb of memory I would suggest maybe somewhere between 4 and 8. Something with a Nvidia graphics card would be better. As far as processors I would suggest a next gen intel processor. The I7 intel processor should be more than sufficient. Good luck.

Game Client

System Requirements

Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)

Graphics Card: GeForce™ 6600, Radeon™ 9600 or higher

Memory: 1 GB

Netbooks and old laptops are not supported!

Share a link to this answer: http://3dxchat.com/support/#system

I think with all actual Desktop PC's, Laptops on the market will 3DXChat works very well :)

The minimal System requirements should be similar like this:

HP TX-2590eo Estimated age 12Years....
CPU: AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 with 2,10GHz
Ram: 2,75GB DDR2
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD3200

3DXChat 2.0 looks a lot better on this Laptop as the stable 1.0 :)

Used Graphics settings of course are Low ^^

Thank you guys. However I do not want to use 2.0 on low settings. I want a computer that can run it smooth with the best settings. Right now I have a much better computer than the requirements for the 1.0 but running 2.0 on all the best settings is not working.

The system info posted above does not cut it. Thanks!

Thank you guys. However I do not want to use 2.0 on low settings. I want a computer that can run it smooth with the best settings. Right now I have a much better computer than the requirements for the 1.0 but running 2.0 on all the best settings is not working.

The system info posted above does not cut it. Thanks!

You're welcome and I wish you the best.

Well, I've two other Laptops where 3DXChat2.0 runs with the best Graphic Settings :)

You've already some PC's in a closer view of buying?

I think all PC's or Laptops with:

IntelCore i7 QuadCore

8GB of Ram

current Graphics Card of Nvidia or ATI

should work for the best settings :)

Well, I've two other Laptops where 3DXChat2.0 runs with the best Graphic Settings :)

You've already some PC's in a closer view of buying?

I think all PC's or Laptops with:

InteCore i7 QuadCore

8GB of Ram

current Graphics Card of Nvidia or ATI

should work for the best settings :)

I've already mentioned a much similar suggestion to him along those same specs.

Brett if you go to the support page they have the system requirements there, but I copied and pasted them for you to read as well as I did the same for the link to the support page for you to verify it with your own eyes.

You will indeed need a really good computer for 2.0, but these base requirements for 1.0 should do it. However to be certain I would try to buy a pc that has a bit of upgrades compared to what is shown here. Therefore instead of 1 gb of memory I would suggest maybe somewhere between 4 and 8. Something with a Nvidia graphics card would be better. As far as processors I would suggest a next gen intel processor. The I7 intel processor should be more than sufficient. Good luck.

Game Client

System Requirements

Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)

Graphics Card: GeForce™ 6600, Radeon™ 9600 or higher

Memory: 1 GB

Netbooks and old laptops are not supported!

Share a link to this answer: http://3dxchat.com/support/#system

I've already mentioned a much similar suggestion to him along those same specs.

The question is about what he is looking for :)

There are endless products on the market with no border of resources and needed costs :lol:

Well, here are some examples:

MSI Desktop PC, haves a good price-performance ratio.

MSI Laptops, haves a good price-performance ratio.

Alienware Desktop PC, is a bit the non-plus-ultra and very costly

Alienware Laptops, I love it but very costly :lol:

:huh: 

Damn i know nothing about Ghz... Ram.. Bus and a damn thing about technical stufff... :unsure: 

But as i posted before, i have an old procesor.. Intel Core2Quad 9550, 2.83Ghz

My MotherBoard is also old, is a "ASUS P5QTurbo" with 4Gb of Ram Memory

100Mb of free space in my HardDisk Drive..(not a solid state unit Yet)... <_< 

and a EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX-750ti, 2GB, GDDR5... as Video Card.. really cheap... :P 

and everything runs over a windows7 Ultimate, 64bits

and i have the 2.0 V of the game Running at Maximum Capacity no lagg...(unles i enter inside an over-saturated room, then yes it feels freezing)

OHHH yes... and a damn "Shotty" internet service with 3MB capacity... -_- 

Brett, hope that may guide you as a minimal reference... ;) 

Kisses

My MotherBoard is also old, is a "ASUS P5QTurbo" with 4Gb of Ram Memory

I've the same Board in my Desktop PC with a over-locket Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 @4GHz :lol:

8GB DDR2 Ram

Nividia GeForce GTX 460

This PC makes my room to a Tropical Paradise ^^

But yes, 3DXChat is running with the highest Graphic Settings :)

Thank you guys all that has been very helpful. I could go for a high end machine not caring for the cost but - like many others - I don't like to spend money I don't have to lol So yes good performance/cost ratio helps and knowing the minimum that runs 2.0 fine on full settings is also very helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Thank you guys all that has been very helpful. I could go for a high end machine not caring for the cost but - like many others - I don't like to spend money I don't have to lol So yes good performance/cost ratio helps and knowing the minimum that runs 2.0 fine on full settings is also very helpful.

Thanks a lot!

You're so welcome. As the sayings goes "you get what you pay for" and "what you invest is typically what you get back in most cases".

I'm glad I could be of some help to you and I'm glad you don't have to spend a lot of money. I didn't either, but honestly I'm glad I did.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SherryS

A friend  is using window's visa, and is trying to get 2.0 to download to his laptop he has a Dell Inspiron 1520. I went in remotely and cleared out all viruses and I am having him run a tune up on his system. The problem remains he can download 2.0 and get to the log in but then it boots him out. (crashes) I'm trying to figure out the problem. today I ask  him check to see if his graphics card drivers are up to date, and run the  tune up on his computer. I also sent the info to him on how to make sure his system will run 2.0. My question is have I done all I can to help him get his computer up and running for the game? 

I think the biggest Problem with the Dell Inspiron 1520 is the Vista OS because Vista was very slow and needed a lot of the system resources.

3DXChat should work on the Inspiron, with low Graphic Settings.

I think a Ram Upgrade with 4GB So-Dimm DDR2 and another OS should fix the most problems :)

• 2 weeks later...

whats about the Microsoft surface.

will v2.0 run on the surface 2, 3 or 4?

With SurfacePro yes!

Works fine for me but there are some performance issues about the HDPI resolution but I found a fix with custom resolutions :)

On Locations without water runs the game with extrem high Graphic Settings and I think the performance lags on water locations will also fixed soon.

Used Machine:

SurfacePro3

IntelCore i7-4650U

Ram 8GB

Graphics: IntelHD 5000

:huh: HI, OK, I have another one for you:

My newer HP Pavilion with 4th gen Intel Core, i3-4160 Processor, 8GB Sys.Mem, 2 Tb hard drive, Intel 4400 G Card,,,,does not seem to have enough guts to run 3DX Beta without jerking as I pan the mouse/cam while recording in Movavi Game Capture.

The F5 Key and wsad pans are not smooth, but jerky, in low or high mode.

I have an older Windows Vista Home Premium, HP Pavillion Media center that I was thinking I could use.

AMD Phenom, 9500 Quad Proc 2.20 GHz, 3GB Ram, 32-bit System, Nividea G-Force 8500 GT Card, and 640 GB hard drive.

This computer is bogged down and won't open up 3DX Beta.

I would like to reinstall Vista or upgrade to Windows 7, which is suppose to be compatible.

What do you think?

Thanks - Jake  B)

What do you think?

What's the question of you want a reply? :huh:

With the first config could issues with the IntelHD 4400 be possible but I hope this will be fixed soon :)

With the second config you will never have a lot fun with 3DXChat or see the game run on extrem high settings!

• 3 weeks later...

i will buy a surface 4 pro

Intel I7

Iris Pro grafik

8 gb

128 gb ssd

i will hoe the v 2.0 will running well

Well I've a Surface Pro 3

Intel Core i7 4650U CPU @2,3GHz (Boost)

8GB DDR3 Ram

IntelHD 5000

512GB-SSD

The Game works fine but of course not with the full resolution because the Surface Tablets have a HighDPI screen. The SurfacePro 3 have a 2160x1440 resolution on 12inch^^

The i7 DualCore (2 Cores, 2 Threads) with 1,7GHz (2,3GHz Boost) + the IntelHD Graphics is Powerful for a Tablet ( Sub-notebook) of this formate but it isn't a gaming PC!

With the full resolution and Extrem High Graphic Settings will the Game run like a GIF Picture with maybe 2 or 3 frames  :lol: 

But there are some tweaks and settings to let the game looks amazing and it's possible to play with a sufficient performance :)

If 3DXChat is a reason to buy the Surface 4 then you should think a bit deeper about your buying decision because you can get a lot more power for the same money :)