3DXChat Community

Murder Mysteries - A Machinima Project

WilhelmHarper

Hello everybody!

I've recently thought about doing a Machinima in 3DX, and I'm currently in the pre-production phase of seeing who would be interested in participating. A prerequisite would be the use of VOIP and mastery of the english language. A further bonus would be also having a GTA Online PC account, since I'm counting on filling shots there, as you well know, 3DX is a bit limited with regards to scenarios.

With regards to the storyline, I'm planning on doing something inspired by Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot, since it's more on the psychological point of view rather more than the "action-based" crime-solving series like CSI or NCIS, which have gotten more fame, but for which 3DX doesn't offer that much in terms of possibilities... Though what exactly the script will look like, if the group that is formed is also very GTA-Online based, I can't say beforehand, and it might be changed... but the intrinsic story plot that I'm thinking about would be inspired by the Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot storylines.

Things will only advance if a quorum is met, so if you fulfill the prerequisites and would like to participate, let me know!

Well, it's kinda simple. If you know what a machinima is, then in this case, you know it involves using an avatar and VOIP to play a certain character in a certain story which is filmed inside the game, instead of a movie which is filmed in real life with real people that are actors.

Given the fact that 3DX is somewhat limited as to what a virtual reality is entailed, due to there only being interactions with objects like bottles, chairs, sofas, beds, etc, I've opted for something that would go more into the psychological arena rather than into the physical one, since the interaction between characters is pretty... one-sided. So character development, interaction and more are the key. Of course there can be recourse to GTA Online for filler shots or more if there is interest - with 3DX then filling the holes that GTA Online doesn't cover, but it all depends on the participants that would gather here. The exact contents of the script I don't know yet because that will depend on the number of people which would like to participate, giving the complexity or not of the plot. For those that aren't familiar with it yet, I vividly recommend you having a look at Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot, a riveting series indeed - of course it'd be modernised to be up to date with the current times, as the environments of 3DX and GTA Online provide. As to wether this will be a one-shot thing or a full-blown serial of episodes, all depends on the willingness of the participants - I for one would love to do the latter.

As to where I'm going with this, I just thought it could be something different to do and present about 3DX than everything I've seen so far - granted, this is a game with a very specific focus, but for those that would like to see something different and interesting, besides being fun and giving a sense of accomplishment, I thought it'd be worth an attempt.

If you still need more specific info, Toxic, please let me know!

I guess just message me when you decide to start or what not cause it sounds like fun. And I do have GTA so win win with that.

Toxic me and you murdering hahahahahaha gives you my innocent face

Just wanted to wish you good luck on this event :)

2 years ago, a friend organized a Murder Mystery event on the Yacht, and I remember it had been quite successful back then for all involved. So I hope this works out just as great.

Leaving you a link to her event, in case you were curious, maybe it can give you some additionnal ideas as well :)

A Night of Murder!!