3DXChat Community

Do you think it's wrong for men to play as futa/t-girl?

kreamSoda

I found and read this, yesterday. Thought it was interesting and I would share it here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37383914

I guess the crux of the matter is for many their sense of gender is a fixed point and for some it is fluid. In some ways we are, therefore, speaking an entirely different language about what defines gender. I can't profess to fully understand but I will always try.

Yes you are right Slick, we don't fully understand transgenders.

I have asked questions in these forums myself trying to get a better understanding and do feel I have learnt things in that respect.

I also have friends inside the game who are transgenders and find them a lot of fun.

I have nothing against them at all and I would say to people that do judge them badly just because they are transgenders then they shouldn't, they should judge them like anyone else on how they treat people around them.

Even the guys that play as girls who are hetero sexual, that doesn't bother me either, I am friends with some of them to and I can understand the reasons given for why they do that.

I give anyone, be it gender, race, rich or poor the same chance for my respect.

Anyone who lies to me looses some of that respect, anyone that makes me feel used looses some respect and anyone that betrays my trust looses my respect.

It is not their gender that is the problem here, it is what they are doing.

Also on a side note, I do know I don't know all about a transgender, how they feel, what they like and don't like and such.

They let us know that often and stress it out on us saying we can't speak for them on matters as we just don't understand them, we are not transgenders and you need to be one to understand them.

I actually agree with that.

But I wish they would understand that they to do not fully understand what it is to be a female, what we feel, what we like and don't like.

They seem to think they do and even often insist they do, I have even known one in real life who ended up loosing myself and some of my friends as friends, because he/she kept insisting he knew more about being a girl than we did.

Kept telling us what we should and shouldn't do, what we should and shouldn't wear to a point where he said that we didn't know how to be girls.

That happened when I was at uni, we had one as a neighbour in the apartment block we lived in.

Now I know they aren't all like that, but lot's do seem to feel they know exactly what it is like to be female.

I accept, and I think many others do as well, that we don't fully understand them, and we do try to, we also make allowances for them because of that.

All I ask is they realise they don't fully understand us to, and stop saying they do and stop insisting they can give a female opinion on things, because there is a lot about us that they don't fully understand as well.

I have asked questions in these forums myself trying to get a better understanding and do feel I have learnt things in that respect.

I also have friends inside the game who are transgenders and find them a lot of fun.

I have nothing against them at all and I would say to people that do judge them badly just because they are transgenders then they shouldn't, they should judge them like anyone else on how they treat people around them.

Even the guys that play as girls who are hetero sexual, that doesn't bother me either, I am friends with some of them to and I can understand the reasons given for why they do that.

Anyone who lies to me looses some of that respect, anyone that makes me feel used looses some respect and anyone that betrays my trust looses my respect.

Also on a side note, I do know I don't know all about a transgender, how they feel, what they like and don't like and such.

They let us know that often and stress it out on us saying we can't speak for them on matters as we just don't understand them, we are not transgenders and you need to be one to understand them.

But I wish they would understand that they to do not fully understand what it is to be a female, what we feel, what we like and don't like.

They seem to think they do and even often insist they do, I have even known one in real life who ended up loosing myself and some of my friends as friends, because he/she kept insisting he knew more about being a girl than we did.

Kept telling us what we should and shouldn't do, what we should and shouldn't wear to a point where he said that we didn't know how to be girls.

That happened when I was at uni, we had one as a neighbour in the apartment block we lived in.

Now I know they aren't all like that, but lot's do seem to feel they know exactly what it is like to be female.

I accept, and I think many others do as well, that we don't fully understand them, and we do try to, we also make allowances for them because of that.

All I ask is they realise they don't fully understand us to, and stop saying they do and stop insisting they can give a female opinion on things, because there is a lot about us that they don't fully understand as well.

You ever thought the girl you met at uni was just jealous?  You were born the right gender, guys don't look at you different, etc.  That doesn't make it right to boss you and your friends around, but it sounds like she was hurting and lashing out.

And it's insulting to say because you weren't born female, you don't know what it's like to be female.  She knows she's female, she IS female.  It's everyone else who doesn't understand.  Saying otherwise is bigoted.

And don't use terms like "he/she" or ambiguous prounouns.  The girl you met at uni was a she.  She and only she.

not bigoted, just the truth, I am a guy and even i know i cannot understand the female body, menstrual cycles, etc.. you can do all the reading you want but until you actually experience the things a woman does, you dont really know shit and are in no position to give any woman advice on female issues

I do believe there are a couple and they should be respected here for what they have to go through but the rest are nothing more then frauds and deserve nothing. If anything they are a discredit to actual TG's  out to use the TG banner as an excuse to be a douche and to  fuck with minds of people they encounter

But you just said it yourself.  You're a guy.  A transgirl is a girl.  Saying she doesn't know what it's like to be female is an outright lie.  She might not know every single facet of being female, but neither do most cis females.

You keep going back to the deception thing.  Not every guy playing a female avatar is deceiving people.  Even if you think someone was defending that before, I'm definitely not.

And you're a bigot for a much different reason than you assume.

I will leave you with this.....  You can put all the lipstick you want on a pig but at the end of the day, its still a pig.  btw, you seem to think the bigot thing bothers me... I can assure you it doesnt,  Coming from you its a badge of honor

Wow, say that to your TG friends and see if they stay friends with you.  Have an awful day.

sorry but the simple fact of the matter is that its HIGHLY unlikely most are TG's here. At last check 0.6 percent of the population are TG's so the chances that there are 100 in 3dx is slim to none.not to mention a good chunk of the ones here go from male to female depending on which way the wind is blowing, thats not at all consistent with actual TGS

And I take that point totally and don't especially disagree. But there's a but....

But.. all I would say, it's a hell of a lot easier to express transgenderism in 3DX than in rl. There's no need for an op for a start (if that's a choice someone might want to make), just a click of a button at 'birth'. And because we all basically look the same, nobody stands out from the crowd. There's no such thing as body language or eye contact and we can all log out of here, whereas we can't in rl, where decisions to be different must be hard. So I'm thinking that's might be why the percentage of transgender players is over-represented, partially at least. However, that doesn't explain the huge number and I think it would be naive of me to suggest otherwise.

As all can probably tell from my posts on this thread, I'm a river of doubt over all this, flowing gently into the sea of uncertainty...

I'd make a rubbish woman, Twigster. The only thing I truly understand about women is the 'ahhh... right' response to most things I say when trying to impress a girl.

It means she's impressed, no? :P

You ever thought the girl you met at uni was just jealous?  You were born the right gender, guys don't look at you different, etc.  That doesn't make it right to boss you and your friends around, but it sounds like she was hurting and lashing out.

And it's insulting to say because you weren't born female, you don't know what it's like to be female.  She knows she's female, she IS female.  It's everyone else who doesn't understand.  Saying otherwise is bigoted.

And don't use terms like "he/she" or ambiguous prounouns.  The girl you met at uni was a she.  She and only she.

I will say that if you weren't born female you do not know exactly what it is like and I am sure of that.

Transgenders have had different experiences, different environments and a lot of other things that have had an influence on how they think about things.

They have simply not experienced things that a girl does through her childhood, school and such where those influences have an effect on the way you think and feel about things.

A lot of differences between men and women are because of the difference in environments and influences they both get.

It is the same with transgenders, they do not experience the things females do and that does make a difference in the way they look and feel about things.

If you take a rabbit form the wild for instance and try match it to a rabbit that has been a pet all it's life, they are very much 2 different animals, it is because of the environment and influences they have had makes them completely different.

A girl brought up in a mining town, doing mens work and hanging with men all the time is going to have acompletely different look at things compared to a girl brought up in a convent.

A transgender may have female chemistry, but the things that have influenced her in how she feels about different things are completely different to those of a person born a female.

If what you are saying is true then I should know exactly how she feels and how she thinks and I know I don't.

And I will use he/she, when that particular transgender has a cock between their legs, goes for females when it comes to sexual preferences and claims to have part of both in them.

As for you saying it sounds like this particular transgender was hurting and lashing out, that is a hell of an assumption to make from the information I gave you.

I can tell you it was nothing like that at all, there was no argument, no lashing out, we all just stopped hanging with her or inviting her out with us, we just got sick of feeling insulted.

I am not down on, hate or even dislike trangeders, as I said I have friends in here that are transgenders and get along with them fine.

But I do have some gripes against certain things they think, the same as women have some gripes against certain things that men think.

Lots of transgenders seem to want us girls to accept they are just the same as us, but then they also seem to want us to accept we are not the same as them.

And as for calling me a bigot, I am not a bigot, I am simply a realest and look at things the way they are.

I will tell you something else that should interest you in the difference in here between women, transgenders and dudetts.

I feel very safe in saying that females in these forums don't show a picture of themselves in the profile pic, use a girls name and present themselves as a female in here, and then put "not telling" as their gender in their forum profile.

A female says she is a female as there is no reason for her not to.

So I’ve been reading this thread, and thought I would share the following.  Why?  Not to get sympathy, or anything like that.  I’m sharing it to help everyone understand the reality.  I am on 3dx because it’s a safe place where I can be me.  If someone doesn’t like that, and many of you don’t.  (Try reading the older shemale thread here under game suggestions for proof of that) That’s fine no one has to like me, become my friend, or even have a conversation with me.  Those who have I feel I have helped spread a little understanding….  Kisses

FINDINGS OF THE

NATIONAL TRANSGENDER

DISCRIMINATION SURVEY

January 2014

Suicide Attempts among

Transgender and Gender

Non-Conforming Adults

Suicide attempts among Trans men (46%) and Trans women (42%) were slightly higher than the full sample (41%). Cross-dressers assigned male at birth have the lowest reported prevalence of suicide attempts among gender identity groups (21%).

Prevalence of suicide attempts is elevated among those who disclose to everyone that they are transgender or gender-non-conforming (50%) and among those that report others can tell always (42%) or most of the time (45%) that they are transgender or gender non-conforming even if they don’t tell them.

From a time magazine article.

Why Transgender People Are Being Murdered at a Historic Rate

Aug. 17, 2015

The number of transgender people murdered in the U.S. this year is at a historic high of 15, activists say — with over four months still to go

For one particular community, these instances of violence happening around the country have higher chance of becoming fatal. On Aug. 14 the number of transgender people murdered in America this year hit a historic high of 15, according to advocacy organizations like the National Center for Transgender Equality. This somber milestone was hit when the remains of Elisha Walker, 20, were discovered in a North Carolina field several months after she went missing. Like the majority of the other victims, Elisha was not just transgender but a young transgender woman of color.

Transgender people are four times more likely than the general population to report living in extreme poverty, making less than $10,000 per year, a standing that sometimes pushes them to enter the dangerous trade of sex work. Nearly 80% of transgender people report experiencing harassment at school when they were young. As adults, some report being physically assaulted trains and buses, in retail stores and restaurants. Greater awareness has not yet translated into broad acceptance, says Kris Hayashi, executive director of the Transgender Law Center: “The majority of society does not understand who transgender people are in ways that lead to the violence and the murder and the harassment that we’re seeing.”

Gender = your personal sexual identity

Biological Sex = the sex determined by your chromosomes

In this game it's completely natural to assume that a player's avi represents the same biological sex as the player behind the avi, unless stated otherwise openly. From my experience with this game I would say that this is the default position and is just a real life inhibition translating into the game. I don't use the word inhibition as a bad thing, they are natural and we all have them in some form or another.

For people who gender swap, some are comfortable about stating it openly, but some feel that stating it openly takes away from being able to express themselves as that gender, because part of that expression is being treated the right way by others.

Forcing gender swappers to be open about their biological sex can limit their ability to express themselves fully, but expecting all players to not assume that their avi is the same as their biological sex is unreasonable.

I don't think either is wrong, and the internet is a great tool for expressing oneself in different ways, but how can these different kind of players mix without conflict in this game? How about changing the profile from this:

Interested in:

Men, Women

To something like this:

Interested in:

Biological Sex: Male, Female, Intersex

This way the difference between biological sex and gender identity is recognized, intersex and transgender are recognized, non-gender swappers can be specific about what they are looking for and gender swappers can focus their attentions more on those who don't mind about the biological sex of a player.

I'm not saying this is a complete solution because there will always be those who gender swap just to mind fuck with others. These players are different from those who gender swap to express themselves.

I don't think you have to let people know on your profile that you are a guy playing a female. If you wish to you can. Also if you are going to have sex and RP with someone, then the other party probably doesn't have to know, although if they whip out a futa, then that should be a pretty big indicator that you are fucking a guy behind the keyboard.

I think there are many reasons why guys play as females. Partly because of fantasy. You get the best of both worlds; you get the slender female figure with an oversized cock. Also, some people feel more feminine. And as a female, it is easier to be accepted in a group of friends. Labelling a guy as just interested in sex is easy.

The only time when I think it is important to reveal your true gender is when you both start sharing real life. These are your closest and best friends. The question is how early you should tell them? If you leave it longer then the more they will feel deceived. However, there are some who just don't want to know. For them, it is a fantasy and you revealing your real life gender ruins that fantasy for them.

You can't paint everyone with the same brush. Some people just say playing as a female is wrong. It is usually best to avoid people with such strong views. Some people will put it on their profile and just tell everyone upfront. If people get upset with you, then it is their fault for not reading your profile correctly. Some people do not say until individuals become close. Personally, I think that is best. You respect people's fantasy but are honest with the people who you do start to share real life. Some people want complete fantasy. As AnyNameWillDo points out, I think you are delusional if you believe that. Real life emotions are bound to creep in. Then there are the people who get close to someone without even realising it and then they start worrying they may lose that special someone if honest, so keep living a lie until one day are found out, or they pluck up the courage to be open about it.

Either way, we are not to judge what others do as everyone is different. Just be honest with people if you do get close to them.

Gender = your personal sexual identity

Biological Sex = the sex determined by your chromosomes

In this game it's completely natural to assume that a player's avi represents the same biological sex as the player behind the avi, unless stated otherwise openly. From my experience with this game I would say that this is the default position and is just a real life inhibition translating into the game. I don't use the word inhibition as a bad thing, they are natural and we all have them in some form or another.

For people who gender swap, some are comfortable about stating it openly, but some feel that stating it openly takes away from being able to express themselves as that gender, because part of that expression is being treated the right way by others.

Forcing gender swappers to be open about their biological sex can limit their ability to express themselves fully, but expecting all players to not assume that their avi is the same as their biological sex is unreasonable.

I don't think either is wrong, and the internet is a great tool for expressing oneself in different ways, but how can these different kind of players mix without conflict in this game? How about changing the profile from this:

Interested in:

Men, Women

To something like this:

Interested in:

Biological Sex: Male, Female, Intersex

This way the difference between biological sex and gender identity is recognized, intersex and transgender are recognized, non-gender swappers can be specific about what they are looking for and gender swappers can focus their attentions more on those who don't mind about the biological sex of a player.

I'm not saying this is a complete solution because there will always be those who gender swap just to mind fuck with others. These players are different from those who gender swap to express themselves.

A very interesting post and sensible suggestion. You are right of course, being able to state an interest in men, women, both or not saying, it clearly not enough for the range and type of people who wish to take their place in this virtual world.

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing as Girls :P

Et tu, Mikey?  lol

Seriously, you know what pisses me off about this thread? Read the fucking title. The OP was talking about players who are openly transgender. And it started out with a couple of people posting thoughtful responses until a bunch of shit-stirrers hi-jacked it to repeatedly push their own moralistic agenda.

That's their right, but as the song says: Say something once, why say it again?

then you must be the shit stirrer because the convo was  pretty respectful until you spazzed out. Its baffling how you people think its ok to say whatever you want yet when someone responds in a equally aggressive way you start whining.Dont shake a cage if you dont want the dog to bark

That's pretty funny. The first thing you said in your first post was: "dear lord, not this again"

I have to admit, though, that is relatively respectful for you. But as I said, say something once, why say it again?

answer that question and you will solve the 3dx forum mystery. its not just this topic. whenever two people or two groups have a certain stance or belief the subject is going to be a powder keg. one person says something, that leads to another responding and sooner or later it explodes. In a perfect word this topic would never come up but if you believe in your heart about something and someone is attacking that belief, you are going to respond and that goes for both sides

There is no mystery to the 3dx forum. 

There are people who know how to discuss an issue logically and to acknowledge the validity of opposing points of view.  And there are people who just entrench themselves in a particular position and refuse to budge from it. To put it politely.

The original title of this thread indicates quite clearly that the topic as about players who are openly transgender. But if you read the comments, it's clear that a lot of people misunderstand what is meant by the terms futa or t-girl.  And even though quite a few people mentioned being open minded and showing tolerance for people who play the game differently from themselves, the thing eventually just disintegrated into people bitching about how other people play the game.

No one was attacking anyone's beliefs. Well, I guess anyone who thinks they have a right to be a bigot might feel attacked when level-headed and open-minded people call for tolerance. Not that I have much sympathy for them.

It is so funny how people come in these forums, won't budge an inch form their beliefs or even try to understand what others are trying to say, then be so rude as to call those people bigots when in fact they are being one them self.

I think there is more actual Transgenders in here than would be in real life, 3DXChat would attract them much more so than others.

The 2 years I have been in 3DXChat and almost as long as that in these forums has given me a further education into Transgenders.

I didn't know to much about them before I came here but if I go off things I have seen happen in the game and things I have read in these forums, then I would have to say that my experience in here and the game has lessened my opinion of Transgenders.

I am sorry if that offends but I always try to speak the truth and say how I really do feel.

If I go off what has been said by them in these forums I would have to say that the mojority of them seem to have trouble getting a grip on reality.

They insist we do not have any understanding of them yet it really appears they don't seem to understand themselves.

I have been told they are as much a female as I am, yet the things they say shows me they have very little understanding of what is like to be a female.

They insist they are the same as us and know exactly how a female feels, yet in the next sentance will say we are not the same as them and have no idea on how they feel, how can that be ?

I can understand when they say they come in here because they feel it a safer place for them to be, that it is tough and even dangerous for them in real life.

I also feel they come in here because it is a place they can hide who they really are and use that to gain access to people sexually that normally they would not be able.

They use the "what they don't know won't them" belief to convince themselves they are doing no wrong.

They use the "this is the Internet and you have to expect it" belief to put the blame on others for what they do.

They convince themselves they are doing no harm, even when it has been pointed out so many times the harm they do, if they do aknowledge the harm that is being done then they want to put the blame on everyone else but themsleves.

They go into 3DXChat and hunt around mostly for females, mostly lesbians, they do not want to let them know they are not females because they know in almost every occassion they will not want to participate.

Even them themselves, I have seen a lot where if they find out the female they have approached is not a female will not be interested themselves.

Yet they see nothing wrong in what they are doing and insist we are wrong in thinking there is.

They come in these forums representing themselves as females making comments and suggestions for the game knowing that it will be taken as a females point of view, which gives us females very little influence in what we want for the game, yet again they see no harm in that.

And when we try to poiint out the harm they are doing and things we would like for them to aknowledge about us and our wants and needs, they call us bigots.

Reading what Transgenders say in these forums they most deffinately have different sexual preferances to females, and I am not just talking about gender preferences, more so what they want in sex.

Reading what Transgenders say in these forums they most deffinately have different needs for things to amuse themselves in the game.

Reading what Transgenders say in these forums they most deffinately do not want to see the reality of things, the reality of the trouble they cause, the reality of what it does to the game and the reality of what they do means to others in the game.

Reading what Transgenders say in these forums then I would have to say that if it is truly a representation of what Transgenders are like, then it has has lowered my opinion of them.

Edited to add after Victorianna made her comment below.

What I have said here is focussed on the people who say they are Transgenders that repeatedly come in these posts making the claims I have stated above.

I have said in previous comments how I feel about the guys playing as girls for other reasons.

I have also said and acknowledged there are many who do show respect for other players and do their best to not cause problems and do what they do for a lot of different types of reasons.

There are people however, the same that repeatedly come in these posts, making the same claims, presenting the same arguments and then slinging insults to anyone that tries to put across a different point of view.

If the people that I have spoken about in this comment happen to be not Transgenders as they say they are, if they be one of the other type of players she mentions below, then they are also doing the Transgenders harm as that is how they are being represented.

Wow, Twiggy. Got a hole in your output filter today? I've understood a lot of what you have said about non-binary people, but this...wow. How about saying SOME trans do/say this or that; and some hetero-men-pretending-to-be-trans-for-the-wrong-reasons say this or that. I'd bet there are as many less-than-honorable hetero men pretending to be transgender as there are pretending to be women, for many of the same reasons: to get laid in the game by any means possible, or as passive-aggressive acting out, or just a sick desire to mess with people's heads.  I'm not talking about men who do it for the right reasons: curious, adventurous, playful, experimental, trying it on to see if it fits, etc.

A disclaimer, BTW: I don't claim to speak for the TS, TG, etc. community; just for myself. All of us non-binary folk have some things in common, but we don't all have the same perspective from our individual places on the rainbow.

before the edit twiggy, that i read this morning at the academy

they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they, they

giphy.gif

claps a fake applause and says thank you for generalising, brushing everyone, everything and everybody over one comb and smashing all into one bucket! whats next? we all get a new feature with a kind of yellowish jewish star like in the third reich with a 'TG' brandmark in the middle like this

tg-star.jpg?id=83577866

on our clothes or skin as the source of all evil?! maybe next time, when somebody types n hacks out an generalisation attack n insult on parts of this community, please switch on your brain first and choose a differentiation with the correct words like victorianna already wrote, thank you!and thats why i dont participate in topics like this anymore (and who the hell started it in anycase, lol) cause in the end - forumwars, generalisations, fights n insults at its best and of course - page #8 meanwhile and already burning witches all over the place and till page #16...we will all be soaked "in blood" till our knees again! maybe the devs should open a nother vomit topic again: 'is 3dx dying' cause it seems like, if people dont have a place and time to grumble and let out their "sporadic negativity", guess what? yes! what else - yet another gendertopic! ps: just because you see it, doesnt mean you know it! theres a reason behind everything and so dont judge others, if you know nothing!

giphy.gif

runs n jumps out of one of these "special bombtopics" n forum again

I didn't really wanted to get caught up in this debate that being going for i can't remember how long in various shapes and forms. But just curious where you set the line between respecting others emotion and distancing unwanted romantically attention, i mean where you set line between it being a virtual sex simulation with social aspect or a dating simulation?

I didn't really wanted to get caught up in this debate that being going for i can't remember how long in various shapes and forms. But just curious where you set the line between respecting others emotion and distancing unwanted romantically attention, i mean where you set line between it being a virtual sex simulation with social aspect or a dating simulation?

I'm not sure there is one line. Everyone draws their own line where they are most comfortable. So if players are going to step beyond random one-off cyber fucks, it's probably best for people to find out if their line matches another's - or at least that it's in the same ball park. 

all i got to say is be up front an honest,hiding behind any gender,is like wearing a mask,being a male in a female avatar,at least put it in your profile who you are an what your looking for,no matter if your bi,tranny,futa.straight ect....as we all know behind the avatar is a real person with feelings,so enjoy the game an keep it simple,honesty is the best policy :D