3DXChat Community

Kind request to get back my old Name

Guest beccie

This kind of thing has happened before.

One person I knew that was very popular in 3DX had it happen so often, someone impersonating her, that she ended up leaving the game because of it.

She hadn't deleted but the same harassment really applies.

It is easy for others to say not to let it worry you, but of coarse you are going to worry about what they get up to while representing themselves as you.

Try getting someone who has witnessed it to back you up in a report, hopefully something will come from that.

If not let as many as your friends know that it is not you, the more they are seen and it"s pointed out that it is not you the less likely they will continue.

You actually have it better than the friend I spoke of, as she was still in the game with her name, they just made another with a very similar name.

About the only thing I can say that may help you feel a little better, is at least you can take some satisfaction in knowing it cost them 20k to make the 2 avis.

Sound advice. Thank you :)

As far as I know, nothing particularly untoward has happened - but yes there's the concern that something might be done to wreck my reputation if I return to 3dx.

Plus - damn, I'll have to think of a new name :)

If these are your friends send them a PM with something only they would remember and ask your friends to see if she knows about that. Say you are the real you and she won't have a clue about it.

This is like one of those films where an evil spirit/alien/thingy takes over your place in the world. Trouble is, in the films it always works out, good luck!  

Guest TrixyTrump

Sound advice. Thank you :)

As far as I know, nothing particularly untoward has happened - but yes there's the concern that something might be done to wreck my reputation if I return to 3dx.

Plus - damn, I'll have to think of a new name :)

I did not realize you were not currently playing the game.

Sorry, if not, then 3DX does not have much motivation to help you.

But, that still does not make what that person is doing or has done right.

Trixy

hate to play devils advocate but what exactly do you want 3dx to do?  you say someone is saying they are you, multiple friends have seen them yet nobody bothered to take a screenshot. seems flimsy if im being honest and without actual proof its a he said/she said sort of deal. 

Seeing as how you say you may come back some may see this as a way for you to try to get your avis back. not saying that  is what it is but surely you can see how it might look that way also. 

Not sure what you mean but, yes, planning a return and I'd quite like my name for me, not someone pretending to be me. I'm sure you'd object if someone went round claiming to be you.

And I dont want 3dx to do anything. I didnt ask as such.

I did not realize you were not currently playing the game.

Sorry, if not, then 3DX does not have much motivation to help you.

But, that still does not make what that person is doing or has done right.

Trixy

As I plan to return, I don't think its unreasonable to not want someone parading around claiming to be me.

3dx cant help me on this, I already know that, hence my original post wasnt targeted that way.

I think people should really start thinking about what it would really be like if they were in the same position.

I know you could tell all your friends it is not you, well as many as you could get onto anyway, which would only likely be a small percentage of people who know you in the game.

But I think you would get so sick of having to tell people, sorry that wasn't me, it was a person impersonating me, after copping shit for what they did.

I know that was the case with a friend that ended up leaving the game.

There is no real way you can cover all the damage they can do and I don't believe anyone in here would feel any different to how beccie feels right now if it happened to them.

I also know your friends can only help so much, and that is the ones that are prepared to do so.

So guys give her a break, it is a big deal to her as it would be to you.

With all the people here faking deaths, being pregnant, having deadly diseases, you can understand why some are skeptical . I truly hope she gets to the bottom of this but i say the following very sincerely... If my so called friends couldnt take a minute to SS someone posing as me , when they have done it multiple times... Time for me to find some new friends. 

btw, whomever is doing this is a POS and should be banned for it

I don't blame friends really - they told me, so at least I know.

It may seem fairly unimportant as the player in question has done little more than sit with them and make vague comments etc - but I guess the potential exists there for her to do far worse, which unsettles me. Maybe this is some plan of revenge for something... I dunno.

I have PMd the person I believe to be responsible and asked for it to stop. If I've made the wrong assumption (which I doubt), and the guilty party reads this, perhaps they would contact me and clear the air - I'd rather have honesty tbh so I can just forget it.

Tbh I have more important things to do than start a war with someone having received some bad family news this afternoon, so I'd really appreciate it if someone would just say hey, sorry, bit of fooling round, so we can just move on.

Suggests using the name Becciestroppycow so we know it's you :-)

to be serious a mo, yeah. Just decide on a name, get your arse back in game and we can all gang up on whoever it is, yeah. Apart from that we need a good long chat about stuff.

Suggests using the name Becciestroppycow so we know it's you :-)

to be serious a mo, yeah. Just decide on a name, get your arse back in game and we can all gang up on whoever it is, yeah. Apart from that we need a good long chat about stuff.

You bitch :P

You know who it is anyway!!

Yeah, look forward to seeing you again :)

It is not just a matter of taking a screenshot, like you take a pic of an avi with the name whoever on it what are you going to do with it.

Send it to the devs and say this person is impersonating me, I use to have that name, I think you know what would happen there.

It would take your friends getting him/her to say certain things so the report would carry weight, and there would be less of your friends willing to do that.

Some would yes, but others wouldn't want to get involved.

And even then they would have to get the impersonator to show they intend harm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bec, I agree what happened to you, is pathetic, but one good thing , those reading this post will now know in Game Beccie is a imposing troublemaker. THEY will know Beccie they see in game is a game playing SOB, and now will know to avoid them..... . all you can really do is make a blurb about it in your profile, and just continue on with your own friends, who know the real you, and enjoy yourself.. Ignore the game playing troll, who is trying to ipersonate you, they will soon be shamed and ignored promptly...I have not given up Robo ever, god someone would probably take my character and make him into a boring,muted Troll, and ruin my identity, and yes, I would be posses to, I to would want to open up a CAN of WHOOP ASS! To, but just ignore..them and enjoy yourself, don't give them any power. .