3DXChat Community

Offline messages in 2.0

AnyNameWillDo

It is nice you IT facinated ppl are true believers of this Beta programmed Game ,which is still a Venture in any case.

Ik it can be disabled and I don't need not smart ass comments or long IT sheets, guys ok

It is a General issue in total.

Ask yourself what May come next as feature in this Beta Status Game.

It is now door half open to more insecurity and see how easy it can be opened more ,with one click May be.

I am longer in this game than most of all in this forum and I was my favourite entertainment Game not cos of sex things.

My avatar is no sextool or fun avatar like most are ,it is a personality most never will get to be.

Formed nearly from the beginning of this game, hardend and grown in many episodes.

This you should know and take my Posting serious pls.

I K also How other Games work and handle friendlists and Contacting of players.

This game do it in a uncommon way now and make me frighten now.

What will come next?

It would be the normal way to install a ingame Mailbox ,I think IT Master Gizmo will be able to do this.

So any Thread of touching xchat acc Infos ,even in background will be avoided.

Once again my friends and guys ,I can tell you out of my experience ,no one in a Sex Game is good or honest or ok. Why then play a Sex Game at all?

So it is priority to ensure you have total Personal Security at any cost.

Then all is ok and you can sleep well or go for fun in the game.

Thana

I guess maybe the answer could be: Opt out by default, switch on through choice. Then everyone is happy...

Yes I would agree with this, it should be opt out by defualt.

I also not only don't see any harm in it, the email side of things I mean, but also see it can be a useful thing to have.

Sometimes it could be handy to get messages without having to log into  the game, that is of coarse if the full message is sent by email to.

I don't see any security risk in it as users don't get to see the email address used.

It is something I and many others have asked to be added for a long time and I for one am really happy to see it finally added.

I am playing the game When I want.

IMVU is very good example Thy, in IMVU you get Mails from IMVU the game system ,but not from players to your Login mail, you see the difference. These are advertising and requests, etc,neutral informations.

This is quite the usual way of such Games.

So IMVU dont use your Login data for contact to players, which gives you a good feeling.

Such is normal and appropriate way, if you don't believe Test IMVU, you will see the difference then.

A most funny thing is for me also many ppl in Game are against any contact out of the game.

And some are crazy Fond of this feature, even if it will stay in a Status of hidden anonymity.

Why so ,for me I have contact in game and don't want be overrun by any Sex request

(sorry as you know guys any Hi is a Sex invite),I don't want to discuss this now.

So even if you fantazise and wish you will never know the players Well and then better stay in distance.

And my anwers to this post are about being in total safety.

Well I can recommend to be cautious and not blue eyes, my feeling tells me this is no good worked out feature, could be better made.(IMVU)

Why not a ingame message box,like it is very very common in any Sex Game.

I think most ppl don't want to have Mails from a Sex Game on their Personal official game.

(Pls not more telling it can be disabled, il this is is a General issue )

The developers ,Gizmo and Co should find a way to keep Game to Game side,like the big Games offer (IMVU).

They should come to a standard in which can be compared to other Game systems (sorry again our Standard is at Moment only in one thing better,the grafic) the Rest is less than Basic.

Back to offline Mail, uncommon ,unusual, can be better way

Regards Thana

Yes I would agree with this, it should be opt out by defualt.

I also not only don't see any harm in it, the email side of things I mean, but also see it can be a useful thing to have.

Sometimes it could be handy to get messages without having to log into  the game, that is of coarse if the full message is sent by email to.

I don't see any security risk in it as users don't get to see the email address used.

It is something I and many others have asked to be added for a long time and I for one am really happy to see it finally added.

/me stands on my own in the paranoid corner :P

then what would this be in my gmail account..... what 3dx does is no different except its not as graphical

5950bc512c9141209ec259fd3a69fd80.png

That's interesting, Rob. I see from this screenshot you can read what someone has written in their PM, something which is not the case in the 3DX offline system at the moment. I think you've hit the nail on the head for me. If you have to log in to read it, then fine. But what if someone chooses to take an in-game issue (maybe a row - we've all had them) and carries it on out-of-game? Or even the kind of harassment girls have to deal with while logged-in which they might like to avoid when taking a break from 3DX. Yes, I know it's limited to friends' lists - but we all have them... the 'non-friend' friend, who is part of a group but we'd avoid if we could.

So, yeah - as things are is no big deal, just a new way to connect. And there's the opt-out, of course.  But no further please.

I guess from the devs' PoV ways which might draw people to log-in when they may not have done, makes total sense.

I'll leave it now. I raised a concern, asked a question and got my answers. :)

Once again my friends and guys ,I can tell you out of my experience ,no one in a Sex Game is good or honest or ok.

Whow, well that sounds like, that evrybody and evry single person in here @ 3dx is a incarnate of evilness and only persists in a mesh of lies! Mabye on should weigh ones thoughts before speakn them out, because the moment one says them, one cant take them back and so before one speaks, one lets words pass through three gates: At the first gate, one asks oneself, is it true? At the second gate one asks, is it really necessary? And at the final third gate one asks oneself: Is it kind?

Guest TrixyTrump

If you have to log in to read it, then fine. But what if someone chooses to take an in-game issue (maybe a row - we've all had them) and carries it on out-of-game? Or even the kind of harassment girls have to deal with while logged-in which they might like to avoid when taking a break from 3DX. Yes, I know it's limited to friends' lists - but we all have them... the 'non-friend' friend, who is part of a group but we'd avoid if we could.

ANWD, 

Only friends are allowed to leave you messages.

And if you have people on your friends list, that you do not want communication from, should they still be on your list?

Trixy

Guest TrixyTrump

I recall this being asked for a while back, a lot. Personally, I did not use my rl email for this game. I wanted to keep it away from that so I created an email for it.

As this is what I did!

lol, do not know if I am as smart as Camden.

I am not super paranoid, just do not want to be checking my normal e-mail at work and have someone look over my shoulder.

Then them be nosy and ask what this is about!  NONE YA!

Trixy

Well I have a IMVU acc with the normal Settings one get as Beginner,never had such contact private Mails, only the ingame inbox mails ,may be it can be added in Settings, no matter.

I am no believer in the wonderworld of IT of games and we can chat long about Security things.

I see those who are arguing for this feature want more contact options than Game offers before.

Hardliner pro this feature,lol.

I dont want to have,

devinitively for me the contact in Game is pretty enough,

Well and if I regards the Chats of Game ,lol what shall I expect better in a private message. (Regarding the silly world Chat per Ex in which ppl Act as Clowns,i don't tell now a name).

Again and even if you don't like it,

Xchat is since 4 years remainig in a Kind of Beta Status. Now even more, Beta20 is there.

The Servers have no maintainance,the ppl are using Modding Tools ,ppl can create their own Yacht or restroom.

And it seem to be the Devs do nothing against these issues,let it happen moreover.

So for me this is a latent unstable Game System.

P

It is up to us, We believe this to be safe enough or not.

Topic for me done ,Boys and girls

ANWD, 

Only friends are allowed to leave you messages.

And if you have people on your friends list, that you do not want communication from, should they still be on your list?

Trixy

Good point TrixyT. But don't we all, if we're being honest, have some people on our lists who fall into that catagory? Or am I not ruthless enough? :P

• 6 months later...

I would like to know if someone else other than me has this problem with offline messages.

So let's say you're chatting with someone in PM. Then you have to log off. Then the day after you come back online knowing for sure that the person you were chatting with surely sent at last one another message to you in that same PM session. You can see the red small letter. You "open" it but the message i always read is the first message of the chat that i had the day before ("hello...bla bla"), not a new one.

How comes?

If that happens often, what is the use of the offline messages (not via email, which i clicked to not receive)?

Thanks

Nion

Yep. I noticed that as well. Sometimes I login and I get Offline-Messages like "Hey Xani" or even "Can I request a song?" because that person wrote me and I even replied to the PM.

It's a bit annoying but no big deal :D

According to code, getting a list of offline messages and sending messages to people are not in any way synchronised. So, if you send a PM before the online list has been received, or if you send it to a person who is actually offline, but the game hasn't been informed of it yet by the server, you either get a wrongly sent or unsent message.

Ah I see.

So if I close all the pms windows before logging off, I have a "better" probability to receive the offline messages sent to me while i am off, when I come back online, ONLY if the game and the server had their "communication"?

It doesn't seem such an "oiled" mechanism to me right now... :)

Anyway thabks for the explanations!

Ah I see.

So if I close all the pms windows before logging off, I have a "better" probability to receive the offline messages sent to me while i am off, when I come back online, ONLY if the game and the server had their "communication"?

It doesn't seem such an "oiled" mechanism to me right now... :)

Anyway thabks for the explanations!

No, the game doesn't report anything to server on closing PM windows, but you can trigger getting the online users list by closing/opening your profile (it is required to update the online friends list), but it won't in any way affect server data coming TO you.

So, if a user sends a PM to you while his client thinks you're offline while you're actually not, you'll get that incorrect offline notification anyway. And vice versa.