3DXChat Community

Help, somone hacked my friendlist

Jacqueline

Guest silverbackalphabull

Good morning Jacqueline. If you don't want anyone to see your friends list here on your profile page all you need to do is click on your name in the upper right hand corner, select settings then next to the Friends section uncheck the box next to "Show my friends in my profile" then scroll down to the bottom and click on the Save Changes button.

Many thanks silverbackalphabull  :) ,

i don´t mean the profil here in the forum ...  I mean the friendship list in game ... 3DXChat Profil Jacquelin, online and offline friends.

They could read my list and could tell me how many freinds and even the names :angry: .

Please excuse my wrongly expressed  :rolleyes: 

Guest silverbackalphabull

Jacqueline, are the people on your friend list in the forum the same as the people on your profile in the game? If they are this could be one reason. However, if someone is actually hacking your account the first thing you should do is change your profile password. I would also contact support and let them know what's going on. You can give support the name or names of the people allegedly hacking your accounts but unless you can provide pictures of proof these people are doing it there won't be much they'll do.

Maybe someone just guessed your login, logged into your account and therefore knows your friendlist and the order.

I d advise to reset your password and keep the generated one you get from SexyGameDevil. Thoose are usually not easy to guess :)

I'm probably not allowed to disclose how this is done, but if someone knows your email and password, there is a way to login into your game account without disconnecting you from it (so you won't know that someone has logged in) and read your friend list and also other things like what are your alt character names.

Also have in mind that someone might have guessed your email account password and do stuff to the game through it.

The solution for the above would be simply to change your password in both game and email.. If the case is that you got your email hacked, then i strongly suggest to use two factor authentication to it.

I will leave this game ... maybe later there is a program to read the credit cards numbers ... 

Credit card numbers are not stored in the game files or the server either. The payment method for 3DX is done through a secure third party website, so you're safe there.

However, a friends list hack could be entirely possible. The game has been sitting on the same patch (339) for quite a while now, which has given hackers enough time to make advanced user room hacks as I'm sure you've seen. If any such friends list hack does exist, it will cease to exist once the game forces its users to update to 2.0 which is on an entirely new version of Unity and would most likely eliminate all current hacks from the game. 

I'd still say it's a good idea to change your password. People can steal your password in a variety of ways. Try looking up keyloggers and how to get rid of them. 

Guest SvenSummer

" I use a password generator and changing every day my password."  Hi Jacqueline :-)   Viele Internet User machen enorme Fehler wenn es um das Thema Passwort Sicherheit geht. Zum Beispiel ist es mehr als schlecht Informationen über sein Paswort preis zu geben. ! " ich benutze einen Passwort Generator "  ist eine Information die einem Hacker schon mal hilft. Ebenso, "  ich ändere jeden Tag mein Passwort" ...auch das ist sehr schlecht. Ein böser Mensch der gerne mal hackt könnte durch gezieltes sniffen ganz simpel darauf warten dass sich Jacqueline einloggt und ihre Daten einfach mitlesen.

Also, Vorsicht mit allen Infos!!!

Was die Friendlist im Spiel betrifft, so kannst Du das auslesen nicht verhindern. Eine simple Erweiterung ( REST API)  ermöglicht die Abfrage Deiner Freundesliste.

Unterbinden könnte das natürlich der Support indem er die Daten nicht mehr auf einer simplen Webseite speichert!!! ( http)   ---https wäre da deutlich besser!  oder gleich auf die Cloud, wo auch schon die eigentlichen Daten wie Kredit und Zahlung gespeichert sind.

Allerdings solltest Du jetzt nicht zu nervös sein, denn .......wer REST API benutzt ist kein Hacker, sondern eher jemand der Dich schocken wollte!

• 8 months later...

Someone definitely  hacked my friend list , my wife MariahLynn and I are under mutual ignore and neither one of us initiated it.

Neither of us can have the ability to reverse it. I have 3 avis but the one affected is BlaqReign, I was married to MariahLynn.

I suspect she has been hacked as well. I have no proof but I suspect AmesthystReign aka OnyxReign ( my ex wife) is behind this. 

If neither of you can unignore each other, this is most likely a server bug and you should contact support.

Even if someone managed to execute a server request as if it was one of you (not sure if it is possible without the knowledge of initiator's password, depends on the server checks involved), for the game it should still look like one of you has done it, so it should be also possible to easily undo it.

I got the exact same feeling about it because it happen to me like... 2-3 times now that the person who I'm friend with and spend the most of the time during the short period of time, which makes me pretty sure that it must've been some sort of bug. At first, I was thinking that it's because of the 'spam' protection later made me think that some 'key' words are making this happening or maybe are overused and forbidden. All of that was mentioned and I got some SS's of the conversations minutes before it. I'll be informing someone who can actually do something with that bug, because today it reached the boiling point.

• 1 month later...

It happened to me with the 2.5 version. One contact still in my "Offline friends" list with profile showing up "You can't view this profile due to a mutual ignore" but never added to my ignore list.  :angry:

I've run a test with (still talking about 2.5 beta, build 362) a friend asking to block me and my contact completely vanished from all my lists when the block was set on "Complete Ignore".

Once unblocked we had to add each other back to our friends list.

The "mutual ignore" profile had an update btw and now it says "Deleted character".

Guest Twiggy

Wow, I didn't even know that it came up with that message, but then I really haven't looked at it in how it works since way back in V1.

I think then it use to just delete anyone blocked from both friends lists, but I could very well be wrong.

Thanks for the tests guys so we know what should or shouldn't happen.

Gets confusing sometimes.