3DXChat Community

Backups of our rooms

Fyrefly

Hi all,

Is there any way to restore a previous version of a room? I was editing the Blue Note and re-entered to check some of my changes. When I went back to customize again, the entire room was wiped clean to the bare walls. I also run a copy of the game in a virtual machine through Parallels on a Mac, and that room also came up as blank. I don't have recent backups on either version (Bootcamp or Parallels), so all that work is gone.

Is anybody even still running this damn game?

--Lazlo

I've been using the new .dll but this is the first time that I've had an issue with it. I was able to edit fine just last night. I made some changes today and jumped out...when I went back into editor, BOOM. I was not in 2.0.

I have found that, after making changes (rooms, clothing), it will revert back if you don't "save" it by telling it to take you to another room. For example, you edit clothes, go from Character Editor to any other room before exiting the game or it won't save the change, This seems to also be true of room modifications.

Also, should you replace the default .dll with one for modding, trying to customize the room in 2.0 will eliminate some or all of the modding. Always go back to 1.0 to customize.