3DXChat Community

"Dipped in Ink" Bug

Guest Suikazura

Guest Suikazura

I didn't see another post about this, so...... 

I was thinking that it might be useful, for both the community and the Devs, if we post anything we notice about the "Dipped in Ink" bug.

What I am referring to is when you enter a friend's home and your friend or another "guest" appears to be all black, as if dipped in black ink. I have noticed that only their eyes, jewelry and emblems on clothes don't have this appearance. Needless to say, when this happens it is a pretty big mood killer for the activities you had planned  :D

I have notice that it is more likely to happen if the home you enter is using the "floor lamps". It also seems that the closer they are to where you enter, the more likely the bug. I removed the lamps from my home and it happens much less often. I have heard that one color lamp is worse than the other, but can't confirm that.

I have also noticed, at least for my computer, how long I have been in game prior to entering a home also has some effect on the bug. If I have been on for more than an hour, for example, I am more likely to have this bug happen when I enter a home. 

What I have found that seems to correct this:

If you go to a friends home and this happens, leaving the home and coming back frequently corrects this, but I have found if they have lamps, it may not. If leaving and coming back doesn't clear the bug it can become worse, to the point where your friend will appear black when you return to the "open areas".

I have found, at least for my computer, restarting the game seems to clear this bug. Sometimes I need a full restart so I can enter a home without the bug happening. This seems to work even with lamps in the home, but not always. 

Maybe if we post what we have seen with this bug and what seems to work to correct it, it will give the Devs a better idea of what is causing it so they can correct it.

This problem exists since a few weeks. To make the person you've invited "colored" again, just take it to another public place and invite again.

When you invited them at the beach, move to the club f.e. and invite from there.

I've noticed that people are "inked" also in public places sometimes. This didn't happen at the beginning.

Give the development a bit time and they will fix it. So it happened in the past as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Suikazura

I found a trick that has, so far, worked 100% of the time.

Zoom your camera out as far as you can and try to block the characters being invited as much as possible with a doorway, tree or other object. Then invite or accept the invite.

I am not sure why this works, but I started doing this every time I go to a home, either inviting someone to mine or going to someone else's, and I have not had the ink bug since.