3DXChat Community

Open public room

RiviPiassa

As a 3DXchat member can open a rom using public beach 3DX? :o

If I understand you correctly: No you are not able to do that without using certain external file we are not allowed to talk about here :)

But I like your idea.

Just so that you guys are aware this is a direct quote from Gizmo himself!

Those using external files to change the game do so at their own risks, cause those will be shut down and the users of said cheats will be taken care of. While the modding of rooms looks nice it goes against the rules otherwise what was said wouldn't have been said and you'd be allowed to talk about said things.

post-10173-0-15986600-1467892545_thumb.png

Guest Twiggy

Just so that you guys are aware this is a direct quote from Gizmo himself!

Those using external files to change the game do so at their own risks, cause those will be shut down and the users of said cheats will be taken care of. While the modding of rooms looks nice it goes against the rules otherwise what was said wouldn't have been said and you'd be allowed to talk about said things.

Can you point out where he said that ?

The attachment shows a screen shot of where he said that they are working on a fix for cheat engine users as well. "Don't worry we are working on a fix for cheat engine users as well." That was a direct quote "as well" means it's not just those who use the cheat engine, but the dll files also. Besides it was in the midst of a conversation in response to mentions of dll files being used to mod apartments and usage of them to turn their apartments into "official 3dxchat public locations" which is against the rules, cause they are modifying the game. If you click on the attachment you will see what I'm saying is true and not fabricated Ms Twiggy.

Guest Twiggy

The pic she shows doesn't say the quote she has put in before it.

In that said quote she says that the people using the cheat will be taken care of, if I am correct meaning they will be punished.

If that is the case I would like to see proof of that being said.

I also have a reply from a pm to Gizmo where he said that "If anyone goes to these rooms they can just leave, right ?"

So if he has changed his attitude towards the use of these cheats and those using the cheats can now expeect to be punished I think we need to know.

Guest Twiggy

Yes I agree Rob, and I think everyone expects that, but to say people who have used it will be taken care of, what exactly is meant by that, and how was that a direct quote from Gizmo ?

She has shown a pic of something that can be expected, but has stated something that I think no one expects.

Guest Twiggy

So the part she says above the pic is her opinion only, and not to be taken as what Gizmo has said to her, because that is not how she seems to be putting it.

Guest Twiggy

Well I only spoke of what Gizmo said and provided a screen shot of what was said as proof of what was said. It is nothing made up nor assumed, cause it came from the man himself.

So why say this, as it sounds like she is saying that Gizmo has actually said the things she mentioned.

Guest Twiggy

So I would then be correct in saying that what was written above it, the part about users of the cheat will be taken care of, as in punished, is just her ranting.

I'm not arguing that of what you said, cause by him saying "Don't worry we are working on a fix for cheat engine users as well" that within itself says those people whoever they are will be taken care of and as anyone who has played the beta knows dll files as well as the cheat engine doesn't work in 2.0 hence many that have said cheat engines and dll files don't work in 2.0. Now I think it speaks for itself and as I said before it's no assumption. People can come to their own conclusions, but something so simply said with just a few words shouldn't need to be broken down for people to comprehend it.

In a clear and simple breakdown of things:

1. If dll files no doesn't work in 2.0 then I'm sure he has clearly changed his view on the matter of modded rooms as they are getting out of hand.

2. If he said not to worry that they are working on a fix for cheat engine users as well what would you believe he's referring to while having a conversation about dll files being used to alter apartments in the game essentially changing the game to a degree?

3. I never said they will be punished, but I did say taken care of. Once again if they are working on a fix for cheat engine users how can you expect dll file users would be excluded from that?

4. It shouldn't matter if his attitude changed or not, cause it was against the rules to begin with.

I've never seen a screen shot of the conversation you had with him Twiggy nor am I asking to see one, cause I don't find the past tense of what you say you were told and what's being said now to be relevant to the current fact since they are working on phasing out dll files and cheat engines and such.

I think the only reason people would feel they need to know if he changed his views on the matter and/or decided to punish those who mod rooms is, because they want to be able to revert their rooms back to normal especially those who use dll files to keep from risking punishment as you put it when you said "if I'm correct meaning they will be punished." or to not revert their rooms back if they learn that maybe they won't get punished or someone else can produce a way to mod and not get caught.

In any case what was said was said. I don't have modded apartments, but others and some of my friends do. While that possible reality doesn't bother me I do feel for my friends that does have modded apartments only, cause if they are to be "punished" I won't see them on anymore. However that would be their own faults as anyone that knows me knows where I stood on modded apartments. They aren't for me plus I felt they went against the rules which to be honest they do.

People have and use them at their own risk. Everyone should've seen this coming long before 2.0 came out with almost ever public apartment using a dll file or cheat engine especially turning them into official 3dx locations. I'm not getting on anyone's case, but it is what it is.

One last thing....ask yourself why would I be ranting when they are working on a fix?

Some people are too far in denial to see what's being said without the exact words despite what was said came while conversating about dll files being used which is why he said a fix was being worked on!

Guest Twiggy

The way you worded your original post can be taken and I think was meant to be taken that people will be punished for using the cheat.

I feel sure that was your intention, and I doubt very much that Gizmo will have even hinted towards that.

I know and I think everyone knows that eventually something will be done to prevent the use of cheats and DLLs.

But to imply that people will be punished is something else, you seemed to offer the quote as proof of what you had said before it, and even pushed to confirm that in comments after it.

The DLL can not be used at present in V2, but from what I understand it is because it is a different DLL in the new version and that the new DLL would need to be modified.

Which would mean the same problem could persist in the future.

When I spoke with Gizmo I asked that the rule be enforced and that it would only take him saying that it has to be.

And that is all it would take, is for him to say the rule will now be enforced and pretty much everyone would stop using it.

If he is saying that now it needs to be made public, he needs to announce it in these forums, if he did you would see everyone stop using it.

I agree fully that people using the DLL to open public locations as their own to the public is well over the top.

I also feel that there are things in the DLL that would need to be added as features in the game, and that is what I spoke to Gizmo about.

Simply adding a way to alter the "Y" axis on certain items would add a lot to what people can do with their rooms.

His answer to that was as I said, and if you want I will supply a screen shot of that.

I am not against what you are saying, but if that is what Gizmo is now saying he needs to make that public, as he has been asked to several times before.

Guest Twiggy

There are some that care, quite a lot actually, I use to as I have always been one to not break rules.

A while ago though when I got that answer from Gizmo it was made evident that he didn't care, so I started doing what I would say the majority of people are doing and started using it.

I actually find it quite good now and have accepted it, although I don't agree with all the public locations being used the way they are, but as there always seems to be lots going to those I would say there are lots like the idea.

But rules are rules and if they are going to be enforced I would not complain.

Having said that though, if it is to be done in a way where people are suddenly punished for using it, then that is something else.

I would expect that with all that has happened and the length of time it has been very much allowed to continue, that notice should be given to a date that the rule would start to be enforced.

this whole thing reminds me of a gay marriage(not saying that hacked rooms are gay, well, some are, this is not the point)

if you are against gay marriage -ok, good, don't marry a gay person, done!

if you are against hacked rooms - don't go in them, done!

and it's kinda a dumb rule anyway, ppl spend a lot of time creating rooms that are fun and vibrant for other ppl to enjoy, and OMG they doing it for free! wow!

Twiggy obeying rules is good, but you don't really need to obey them all, especially the ones that don't affect you personally. 

I think the punishing of users is wishful thinking and to be clear, so is "taking care of" if the context is related to users being punished, which it surely seems like it considering the assumption that people are going to suddenly run to revert their rooms. Lol the game will do it for them, no need to waste time. Seems to me the answer was to clarify and pacify. I think it will be like with the body mods, no longer available. I just hope that as a result they offer more tools to allow users to be creative with their rooms and clothing. The mods exist for a reason.

Guest Twiggy

Hey Skydiver, I am not saying at all that they should be enforced, I actually like the rooms, well most of them myself.

I am commenting on what Erotic seemed to be implying, that people will be taken care of who use the cheats, as in they will be punished.

But also, if the rule is enforced, then I don't think anyone has a right to complain, other than to say there should be things added to allow us to do similar things in our rooms.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just wanted to know about it, someone had warned me that it was not cool, and that's when I started to read the forum more and more to know about what should and should not fazer..obrigado everyone who discussed this topic  :)

Guest TrixyTrump

I have and use the "hack" but I do not open it for anyone other than my partner and myself

It is nice to have a nice romantic evening on LI, and no one else there.

Some do not respect that, if you are with someone...... We do not need you dancing your naked self next to us!

Or propositioning my companion!

My two cents!

Trixy