3DXChat Community

Erdrick's 3D Art Thread

Erdrick

Hey all!

Long story short, I dabble in 3D rendering as a small side hobby.  I'm not a professional or anything serious. 

I had an idea one time to make my friend Rochi into a model.  I made normal and anime versions, since she requested an anime one.  I figured I'll share any pics I make from then on in here (with permission, of course).

I take occasional requests, my current Que is listed on my profile!  I do NOT charge for my work, and I do NOT take credit for items/models/poses/etc made by other artists.  YES, I have paid for all of the content I use.

I will archive the pics I have submitted in this current post, so new viewers won't have to go through the entire thread to find them.

(Sorry!  There is a post image limit, so I cannot post thumbnails - only direct links!)

-NOTE-

I am currently a very casual player for 3DXChat, so I will not be updating this nearly as often as I was before.  I will still work the que I have, but at a slower pace.

Public Gallery:  http://allfearsalsa.smugmug.com/3DXChat

Individual Pics - Alphabetical Order - Click Link To Go To Source (sorry for no thumbnails, forum image limit):

Camden

Feyanne

Freya

Lexii

Lynox

Mysterious Rose

Rochi

Sengi

Shanti

Venom

Misc

Group Pics:

Feyanne/Freya/Rochi

Lexii/Shanti/Venom

Here is a render before i start making the animation of Rochi.

Critics bear in mind:

1. I'm not good at making objects from scratch, so I have to work with what I have available.

2. This pic will may be changed as a work in progress(I'll replace it here afterwards). (ver 1.1)

3. The secondary characters will likely be static, or move very little.  If I try to loop them in an idle animation, I'd have to triple the length or it would look weird.

rochidance-X2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Rochi's Dance, FINALLY FINISHED!

I had to restart this many times due to weird glitches, which made me restart.  I have never had this much trouble with such a siumple animation before.

This thing seemed like it was cursed!

Hmm, it looks like my uploader is taking a while to host the GIF......  I put the mp4 file under it.

Rochidance1-X2.gif

Its really great work for my eyes Erdrick!

I'm a newbie here but I can tell you are so talented. It looks creative and I like that seems your models are your frined. It is communication and friendship at there I think.  I would like to see more nice pictures about people in the game. : )

I'm sorry for my poor english.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Arcee

Oh that's really cool you bought that stuff. You should "really" give credit to the people that "really" made those poses an outfits for you to buy! :D

Oh that's really cool you bought that stuff. You should "really" give credit to the people that "really" made those poses an outfits for you to buy! :D

You are absolutely right!  I should not claim to have made all of these items %100 from scratch, and that I should not claim to have made the poses %100 from scratch.

Would you please show me where I said I did that?  I also usually go over the links of things I find that can help with the request in private, explaining that these are items made by other artists that I buy.

I am not charging, and not claiming that any work I do was made by scratch.  I do not see the issue here.  I am simply making 3D avatars of my friends and posting them here for fun.

Also, by your logic, should you not add credits that explain the artist of your signature and forum profile??

This comment is kind of mean, and it shows little awareness of the amount of time, patience, and skill it takes just to get started in poser or DAZ. Sure, outfits and poses are often bought, but, even when using tons of props and premade poses, it can take hours and hours of tweaking just to get lighting right or clothing to fit correctly. Just getting stuff to install correctly can be a nightmare. There is a lot of skill involved, along with patience and practice.

I think what they *mean* is he should post the credits of the stuff he's used. So don't get your panties in a knot, those artists work hard and many never get credit and even more don't get paid, people just download the stuff from hack sites. My gf is a artist, she would cut some throats if someone posted her work an didn't thank her. So before you an your minions say anything is *mean* think about it froma artists perspective.

I don't know how or where the OP got his figures and props, but I am not going to assume it was through a torrent site. For myself, I have spent thousands of dollars buying the models, props, outfits, backdrops, etc. through places like DAZ studio or renderosity. I would assume that I have done a lot to support the 3d artists who make the stuff, in order to sell it to folks like me. I also can't recall seeing a single readme that said something like, "If you purchase and use my dress, you should credit me as the original artist." Rather, they read like this:

You may use this product in any commercial or non commercial renders.

You may NOT give it away as a free gift, or offer it for free downloading.

Many artists establish themselves as paid content providers, ie providing that content for others to use, without needing to be credited as the original artist, unless they are egomaniacs. I imagine that they get some nice royalties for their stuff, since a simple bra can cost $15 to $25..

Take a look around http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php Grab a calculator because it gets very expensive very quickly.

That's how the 3d community works. Saying that everything, from a model to clothing to a landscape of a render should be 100% hand-crafted is well... insane.

Also, I am noob with 7 posts and 2 friends in 3dx. Not sure how I have minions so soon.

Erdrick is one of last people that would pirate / torrent software or other people licensed work.

We were talking about it many times. Too innocent! <_<

I also know that he spent money on clothing. I think it was mostly on Sengi? But I don't remember.

I am going to point out that I saw many 3d works since Erdrick started this topic and some even before. And I never saw long list credits like

• Head  made by ...
  • Eyes   made by ...
  • Hair    made by ...
  • etc.

This is internet. Look around, look how many people have signature or avatar from various licensed works / IPs / photographs. And no one gives credit to them.

One last thing:

Please don't turn this topic into flame war. Erdrick have 3 or 4 people next on his list to do.

We should be happy that he spends many hours on this everyday. Who knows? your avi / character can be here too someday.

Edit:

And yes, I am one of his "minions" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Capricorn, on 20 Jun 2014 - 8:13 PM, said:snapback.png

I think what they *mean* is he should post the credits of the stuff he's used. So don't get your panties in a knot, those artists work hard and many never get credit and even more don't get paid, people just download the stuff from hack sites. My gf is a artist, she would cut some throats if someone posted her work an didn't thank her. So before you an your minions say anything is *mean* think about it froma artists perspective.

-Yes, I actually bought everything I use.  I am not a fan of Piracy.

-No, I do not claim credit for items or base animations I buy from other artists.

-No, I do not charge for my work.

-Yes, everything I have done is perfectly legal.

-No, I am not going to sit there and make lists for every single item, morph and pose that I have used for every picture. 

I have bought the work I have used legally, and have the right to use them creatively.  Maybe next time make your own thread, putting in the credits you complain I lack?  or is it just easier being a critic of somebody else, who wants to make a few pictures for fun?

For example, here is my Renderosity order history, and that is just that website - I have bought from others as well.  The purchases on here since 4/25 have been for the pics I have made here, starting with items for Rochi's character.  I have never asked anyone involved to compensate me for what I paid for.:

orders1-X3.png

orders2-X3.png

That is the last time I will address you "critics."  If you don't like of what I am doing, then stop following this thread...If you continue, then it is safe to assume you are just trying to get attention.