3DXChat Community

How looks the DJ workstation in real??!

Chilles

Hey all :)

You like know how looks the 3DX Chat live DJ Workstation in real?

Here is the real workstation from DJchilles with technical details ;)

Technical Details:

• PC is a Dell Studio 1747 with a Intel Core i7 and 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD HardDrive. I use this with a second Monitor & Multi Screen
  • Software is VirtualDJ Pro Infinity & much more
  • DJ Controller is now a Numark Mixtrack II Pro  (Numark NS7II is coming soon, I hope... was a eBay Buy :unsure:)
  • Soundcards: I use a Asus Xonar U7 External Soundcard for the Masterline, the Mixtrack II Pro Soundcard for the Song Preview, the Dell Studio 1747 IDT Soundcard for the 3DXChat Stream Control
  • Headphones & Speakers: Logitech Z4i for the Masterline (my neighbors not happy about this :lol:), BeatsAudio Solo HD for the Song Preview, Beats Audio InEar for the 3DX Chat Stream Control

My VirtualDJ is full integrated and optimized for 3DXChat :wub:

Ok I think this is enough Info, I share not all my secrets ^^ :lol:

Nice Achilles :)

I use a Pioneer DJM-2000 with Traktor Pro 2 as the software. Can't get Numark here without importing it and eBay is expensive to ship here :P

Sound is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 

Wow, sounds Interesting  :o   :) 

You have Pics from your workstation? I like see this very glad :)

All packed away as it was not being used, as you know :P Soon as I set it up I will send you pictures :D

Looking forward for this :)

Ohh I forgot to say the underground for my workstation is the stove from my mom but she can't cook and don't use the stove :ph34r::P:D:lol:

Nice Achilles :)

I use a Pioneer DJM-2000 with Traktor Pro 2 as the software. Can't get Numark here without importing it and eBay is expensive to ship here :P

Sound is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 

There's a actual distributor in your area hun. Simply going to their website and selecting your country produced:

ZELPY 2803 (PTY) LTD ,

11 KEYES AVE

ROSEBANK,,JOHANNESBURG,,,SOUTH AFRICA

phone: (011) 250 3280

fax: (011) 250 3289

web: www.hybrid.co.za

I personally like the Numark Mix Deck Quad. It saves having to use various cards to mix. Then again you could also get a hardware sound mixer. Which also defeats the need for numerous cards/sources. You can also manage many numerous I/O's/feeds with Virtual Audio Cable. Which can increase the capacity of the mixing channels and sources.

I personally like the Numark Mix Deck Quad. It saves having to use various cards to mix. Then again you could also get a hardware sound mixer. Which also defeats the need for numerous cards/sources. You can also manage many numerous I/O's/feeds with Virtual Audio Cable. Which can increase the capacity of the mixing channels and sources.

This works with the Numark NS7II too :)

4x Line/In

2x Mic

4x Deck

http://www.numark.de/ns7ii ;)

Edit:

Oh, I see the Mix Deck Quad have 2x Discs :huh:

Edited by Achilles

This works with the Numark NS7II too :)

4x Line/In

2x Mic

4x Deck

http://www.numark.de/ns7ii ;)

Edit:

Oh, I see the Mix Deck Quad have 2x Discs :huh:

I don't presume to know a lot about music equipment only things I have tried. And also with a background in programming I know many functions these hardware mixers have, you can do the very same via software of hardware mixers (built-in cards). Which often will beat usability/price over the external ones. Doesn't mean that one is better and the other is bad, it just means more than one way to effectively "skin" the cat. Plus with the Virtual Audio Cable I mentioned you can have unlimited audio capacity/control/ and I/O (input/output). At least from my workings I've streamed over 10 different audio streams right into my hardware mixer via Virtual Audio Cable when I was creating tracker music.

(think some may forget you can buy mixer cards)

I don't presume to know a lot about music equipment only things I have tried. And also with a background in programming I know many functions these hardware mixers have, you can do the very same via software of hardware mixers (built-in cards). Which often will beat usability/price over the external ones. Doesn't mean that one is better and the other is bad, it just means more than one way to effectively "skin" the cat. Plus with the Virtual Audio Cable I mentioned you can have unlimited audio capacity/control/ and I/O (input/output). At least from my workings I've streamed over 10 different audio streams right into my hardware mixer via Virtual Audio Cable when I was creating tracker music.

(think some may forget you can buy mixer cards)

For this what I do is the Mixtrack Pro II very good I have with my Soundcards and my PC 2x Aux/in, 1x Mic and 2x Decks.

I like often Deck 3 & 4 but I found a other way for this problem...

Mostly I mix a set done and after I edit this with other Music Software but Virtual DJ have really much functions and effects :)

Of course is the NS7II for this what I do much better but I don't Buy 1200€ for a midiController I have Buy this for more as a week very cheap on eBay but I believe this first when it is here without a defect :unsure:

Yes, the most expensive Controller is only so good as his user  :lol:

I know DJs what better mix only with VirtualDJ and Keyboard as I with the Controller :)

For good mixing needs no money, for me is mixing a kind from Art for this needs a bit fantasy and taste and the DJ needs know the functions and the scope from his software ;)

No money of the world makes the best art, it is only helpfull... Same as Photoshop, for what is this software good when no one can use this :lol:

See the most I've done is singing (might not want to admit that one), and a Yamaha keyboard using a digital mixer and tracker. Though its always nice to see how people do their stuff.

Currently this guys setup has me at -holy crap!-

Trust me, it is better when I not sing :lol:

I think you need this all for a bit other things as me.

As Music Editor and for create Effects and Sampler I use Magix Music Maker and Music Studio but this isn't a Tracker Software, is more a Sequenzer Software.

I don't make Music or sing songs, the Music isn't matter for me! I mix only the music. For me is a good transition and the point for effects matter and I need like the music^^ :)

I work much with 4 Cue in a song mostly more, I listening the Song 4 - 8x for find the best point for a transition and effects after this I search a other song what near sounds as the first and so on and so on...

For a mix from 1h I need mostly 10 or 12 hour work, but I do this gladly :)

When a set is done is it better when I this not listening for 1 - 2 weeks or I delete this then, I'm too self-critical, me friends don't understand this always :rolleyes::wacko:

I know I'm not perfect or really good but i like learn more about this and need exercise :)

You can :) All ppl can this ;)

VirtualDJ have a Free Version for all ppl!

The easy way is Sync the songs to the same BPM and then Mix the Melodic or Voice line from the first Song with the Bass line from the second Song :)

I mean I wish I had an actual rig ;c

• 2 months later...

A little update of me :)

Technical Details:

• PC is a Dell Studio 1747 with a Intel Core i7 and 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD HardDrive. I use this with a second Monitor & Multi Screen
  • Software is VirtualDJ 7 Pro Infinity & much more
  • DJ Controller is now a Numark Mixtrack II Pro
  • Soundcards: I use a Asus Xonar U7 External Soundcard for the Masterline, the Mixtrack II Pro Soundcard for the Song Preview, the Dell Studio 1747 IDT Soundcard for the 3DXChat Stream Control
  • Headphones & Speakers: Logitech Z4i for the Masterline (my neighbors not happy about this :lol:), BeatsAudio Solo HD for the Song Preview, Beats Audio InEar for the 3DX Chat Stream Control

What is new:

• Virtual DJ 8 Pro Infinity with Developer Preview skin for Numark Mixtrack Pro 2
  • Logitech Z4i for the Masterline, Numark RedWave Headphone for the mix in VirtualDJ (song preview), The BeatsAudio is now for the Game Music controll
  • I don't use mom's stove again :D Now I have furnished me a little "DJ" office^^

The Numark NS7II of ebay was in real a really old and dirty Numark NS6 :huh:

But I look always, I hope I can get this very cheap :unsure:

post-149-0-96301700-1405155407_thumb.jpgpost-149-0-76028100-1405891190_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

A new update of me: :)

What is new:

• Numark NV
  • Auna 900 microphone (awesome quality)
  • A VirtualDJ Pro & Serato DJ user interface mix (Serato DJ Waveline and interface in the two Numark NV Displays) but the Core Interface is Virtual DJ

The Numark NV is really a professional DJ Controller for digital Music in a compact design! The compact design with a lot of technical scope was the reason why it was my first choice after the release of the Numark NV. But it was coming out only with Serato DJ Support. Since two weeks have Virtual DJ also the support for the Numark NV :)

post-149-0-11962500-1427421556_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-94331500-1427421561_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-42633300-1427421549_thumb.jpgpost-149-0-33253700-1427421809_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to hear all the new awesome sets you'll prepare for us using your new girlfriend... err.. I mean new workstation :lol:

lol :lol: With my old girlfriend was the last time a bit boring but with the new honey is it again a lot of fun, I'll prepare at weekend the first live sets with my sweety Numark NiceVagina :lol::wub: