3DXChat Community

Change of stance for modded rooms

Eroticism4Ever

While I'm not for modded rooms I am not entirely against them anymore. This comes after a friend has made two of them nicely without causing lag and long load times. He has added enough to make his places look different from the norm, but has not added so much that load times take a while and the lag is hard. He doesn't have items floating everywhere and no platforms away from building or even a walkway to another building (which btw is in my opinion being excessively extra). I'm not a fan of the sex with strangers as well as public sex, but even though his places are just that his is tasteful. At the same time I find it a bit common with those type of places. He doesn't promote his places, but some how sometimes keeps a full room. The music is nice with nice R&B playing in the background and from the couple of times I've been there lounging poolside the crowds are mellow. Surprisingly the crowds aren't always having sex, but engaging in various conversations, dancing, and watching pole dancers. For a sexual place it's calm and mellow, but when sex happens most of the people are generally into role play. You'd think with names like "House Of Lust and Caged Lust" there would be nothing, but sex when it's in fact a lot more than just sex. Go figure right. He even showed me how to make my rooms like others, but again while I'm not entirely against modded rooms anymore I'm still not for them. I will say his rooms are worth checking out when they are open if you are a fan of modded rooms. Everyone have a good day.

Clearly you like me going off on you, cause your response wasn't warranted nor required. However you continue to behave immaturely. That seems about right for you especially given the immature name you've chosen. Have fun with that.

FeaturedLiveAndLetLive.png

:);)

Personal I don't care what ppl do in her rooms, on the contrary...

It's nice to see with what kind of fantasy ppl shape her rooms, not matter which way she goes :)

FeaturedLiveAndLetLive.png

:);)

Personal I don't care what ppl do in her rooms, on the contrary...

It's nice to see with what kind of fantasy ppl shape her rooms, not matter which way she goes :)

It's nice to see no one can read before being defensive and/or jumping to conclusions, cause I was merely talking about how my friend's room is while saying I'm no longer against modded rooms, but I'm not for them. Oh well I guess that's life.

It is the freedom of choice. Dont like a place? Dont go there :)

I agree it is a freedom of choice as well as a freedom of speech. Clearly you're on the defense about something that wasn't directed towards you or anyone. I was merely speaking about how my friend's rooms are and speaking in general in regards to the difference between his and other rooms I've entered. It seems the truth bothers people, but it is what it is.

Clearly you like me going off on you, cause your response wasn't warranted nor required. However you continue to behave immaturely. That seems about right for you especially given the immature name you've chosen. Have fun with that.

i just have a recollection of you saying modded rooms were the devil. saying stuff like "modded rooms were cheating" and "they create an uneven playing field" w/e that means? i also remember you singling me out by posting pictures of my room in your thread so sorry if i'm a little bored by your posts. and ooh about my name, well bubakke, analintruder and jizzbucket were all taken....  ;)

Guest Twiggy

Really the only legitimate complaint that can be voiced now is that you may have a computer that just can't handle some of the rooms that are being made, your friends are there and you can't go.

As people have already stated, except for that if you go to one of those rooms and don't like the lag, just don't stay.

For myself I go have a look around and get amazed by some of the things people have done, it's artwork and very creative.

If there is a lot of lag, I only stay long enough to take in what they have done.

What I have noticed is that for what ever reason, most people that land in those rooms seem to stick around for a while, where as in other rooms you often see people pop in and leave.

I know there is still a rule that is being broken, but the devs have also shown they don't care about that, at least for the moment.

These rooms have helped keep things active while we wait for the devs to finish 3DXChat 2, if not for them I think things would be a lot different in there right now.

Yes the lag can get really annoying, but I don't look at that so much now, I look more at what they have created and appreciate the time it must have taken them and their creativity.

How ever, if I am going to spend time in a room and look to stay and party, it will be in a room where lag is minimal.

So it is the people who create these rooms choice, most know if they do to much there will be lag and that it wont be a room where people will frequent.

But people will go there for a while and be amazed and appreciate what they have done.

Others create rooms and take care about lag, they want a room where people will go to party and keep returning there.

I use to be against the cheats, as it was breaking rules and I am a person that always tries to stick to rules.

But I never bagged individuals that used it, just tried to somehow make it fair by everyone as some would not break rules and like me were getting frustrated about things.

For me it was seeing that the people that were using it could be a lot more creative, and I love being creative.

Others had other reasons, but it was creating problems and dividing people and to some extent still is.

I think people need to accept it is now their choice on if they use it or not, it is still against the rules, but allowed for the time being anyway.

Really the only legitimate complaint that can be voiced now is that you may have a computer that just can't handle some of the rooms that are being made, your friends are there and you can't go.

As people have already stated, except for that if you go to one of those rooms and don't like the lag, just don't stay.

For myself I go have a look around and get amazed by some of the things people have done, it's artwork and very creative.

If there is a lot of lag, I only stay long enough to take in what they have done.

What I have noticed is that for what ever reason, most people that land in those rooms seem to stick around for a while, where as in other rooms you often see people pop in and leave.

I know there is still a rule that is being broken, but the devs have also shown they don't care about that, at least for the moment.

These rooms have helped keep things active while we wait for the devs to finish 3DXChat 2, if not for them I think things would be a lot different in there right now.

Yes the lag can get really annoying, but I don't look at that so much now, I look more at what they have created and appreciate the time it must have taken them and their creativity.

How ever, if I am going to spend time in a room and look to stay and party, it will be in a room where lag is minimal.

So it is the people who create these rooms choice, most know if they do to much there will be lag and that it wont be a room where people will frequent.

But people will go there for a while and be amazed and appreciate what they have done.

Others create rooms and take care about lag, they want a room where people will go to party and keep returning there.

I use to be against the cheats, as it was breaking rules and I am a person that always tries to stick to rules.

But I never bagged individuals that used it, just tried to somehow make it fair by everyone as some would not break rules and like me were getting frustrated about things.

For me it was seeing that the people that were using it could be a lot more creative, and I love being creative.

Others had other reasons, but it was creating problems and dividing people and to some extent still is.

I think people need to accept it is now their choice on if they use it or not, it is still against the rules, but allowed for the time being anyway.

My computer is perfectly fine nor was I complaining. There are a lot of rooms with excessive additions in them which does cause lag and hard loads. I don't stay in those rooms and don't go to places that I know have hard lag and long load time. I was merely mentioning the difference from my friend modded rooms and others I've ventured to. People seem not to know a complaint from a comparison. As for joining the dark side per say I am good. I have plenty of friends in 3dx and the vast majority of them are in accessible places. I think people just enjoy taking my posts as a means to defend, berate, belittle, bully, and criticize. That's fine with me, cause I can take it and more importantly I can dish it should I choose to.

As weird as it may sound coming from me, well at least for some of you xP I'm against the very excessive decorating, like building stuffs outside the room and so. Instead it would be nice to see people be creative using the room provided in the first place ^^ You can build something far in the space and stuff but those platforms and all are 95% of time too much x)

I have a gaming computer and most of those rooms lag quite a bit for me, but that's most likely cause I ain't prepared to run just 3DX with nothing on the background I need more entertainment than that x3

Anyway, excessive building, not good :o creativity inside the house you are given, awsum :3

As weird as it may sound coming from me, well at least for some of you xP I'm against the very excessive decorating, like building stuffs outside the room and so. Instead it would be nice to see people be creative using the room provided in the first place ^^ You can build something far in the space and stuff but those platforms and all are 95% of time too much x)

I have a gaming computer and most of those rooms lag quite a bit for me, but that's most likely cause I ain't prepared to run just 3DX with nothing on the background I need more entertainment than that x3

Anyway, excessive building, not good :o creativity inside the house you are given, awsum :3

Amen sir and even with nothing in the background using an Alienware laptop it still lags. Scrap the platforms, floating furniture outside away from the building, and show what you can do with the space provided.

Guest MeganMasters

personally though I hold nothing agaist people who do it. I dont have a computer that can handle it so when friends with modded rooms have parties and cant go and kind of get a bit left put but oh well are you going to do. As long as they know its my computer and not a lacknof desire to be there its okay

Guest Twiggy

My computer is perfectly fine nor was I complaining. There are a lot of rooms with excessive additions in them which does cause lag and hard loads. I don't stay in those rooms and don't go to places that I know have hard lag and long load time. I was merely mentioning the difference from my friend modded rooms and others I've ventured to. People seem not to know a complaint from a comparison. As for joining the dark side per say I am good. I have plenty of friends in 3dx and the vast majority of them are in accessible places. I think people just enjoy taking my posts as a means to defend, berate, belittle, bully, and criticize. That's fine with me, cause I can take it and more importantly I can dish it should I choose to.

You took what I said the wrong way, and maybe I should have used "a person" instead of "you" so it will have been more clear as to what I meant.

ie... Really the only legitimate complaint that can be voiced now is that a person may have a computer that just can't handle some of the rooms that are being made, your friends are there and you can't go.

As that is the way it was meant, not meaning to focus that on you at all.

I was not actually having a go at what you said at all, simply adding my thoughts to the subject.

But I will say this to you now.

In your original post you did say things that can be taken as knocking people for doing certain things and it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

(He doesn't have items floating everywhere and no platforms away from building or even a walkway to another building (which btw is in my opinion being excessively extra).

In that line you are criticizing people who do that, you may call it a comparison but you are being critical of what you don't like.

And when you say things like that you have to expect others to have an opinion on it as well and voice them.

I most definitely did not try to berate, belittle or bully you.

My rooms are all inside the house, I have not done anything outside the boundaries either, and to be honest I don't because I do think it is going a bit overboard.

But everyone to their own, I simply tried to explain why I think people do it and that I don't think they expect people to stay there long.

More so just to have fun in building it and show people what they have done.

You took what I said the wrong way, and maybe I should have used "a person" instead of "you" so it will have been more clear as to what I meant.

ie... Really the only legitimate complaint that can be voiced now is that a person may have a computer that just can't handle some of the rooms that are being made, your friends are there and you can't go.

As that is the way it was meant, not meaning to focus that on you at all.

I was not actually having a go at what you said at all, simply adding my thoughts to the subject.

But I will say this to you now.

In your original post you did say things that can be taken as knocking people for doing certain things and it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

(He doesn't have items floating everywhere and no platforms away from building or even a walkway to another building (which btw is in my opinion being excessively extra).

In that line you are criticizing people who do that, you may call it a comparison but you are being critical of what you don't like.

And when you say things like that you have to expect others to have an opinion on it as well and voice them.

I most definitely did not try to berate, belittle or bully you.

My rooms are all inside the house, I have not done anything outside the boundaries either, and to be honest I don't because I do think it is going a bit overboard.

But everyone to their own, I simply tried to explain why I think people do it and that I don't think they expect people to stay there long.

More so just to have fun in building it and show people what they have done.

Well Ms Twiggy I think we may have misunderstood each other, cause I never said you berate, belittle, or bully. I said people as in speaking in general. I can take it as well as dish it though, cause I know when I speak I tend to let's say "brush feathers" without exactly meaning to. While all I was doing was making a comparison I can safely agree with you despite it wasn't my intentions that I was being critical of what I don't like, but really it as simply me comparing my friend places to places I have experienced on here more so than criticism of what I don't like. I am however glad you can agree that platforms and such away from buildings is indeed excessive though or "overboard" to use your words.

I agree it is a freedom of choice as well as a freedom of speech. Clearly you're on the defense about something that wasn't directed towards you or anyone. I was merely speaking about how my friend's rooms are and speaking in general in regards to the difference between his and other rooms I've entered. It seems the truth bothers people, but it is what it is.

Now you agree its freedom of choice?  Before your friends were doing it, it was unfair, evil, and world ending. You need to understand that you past comments about modded rooms are still very fresh in people's heads. You wanted everyone who did these actions to be banned, but... you have changed your mind now that your friends are doing it.

This is just me thinking here, but it seems to me more of an issue of... accessibility. As in... before the DLL was widely available, you and your friends were unable to figure out how to do such things so you were against anyone doing it. Now that ability is easily accessible and widely available, and you are more accepting of it. That's called being a hypocrite. I'm sorry if that offends you, but I call things like I see them.

Now you agree its freedom of choice?  Before your friends were doing it, it was unfair, evil, and world ending. You need to understand that you past comments about modded rooms are still very fresh in people's heads. You wanted everyone who did these actions to be banned, but... you have changed your mind now that your friends are doing it.

This is just me thinking here, but it seems to me more of an issue of... accessibility. As in... before the DLL was widely available, you and your friends were unable to figure out how to do such things so you were against anyone doing it. Now that ability is easily accessible and widely available, and you are more accepting of it. That's called being a hypocrite. I'm sorry if that offends you, but I call things like I see them.

First and foremost it's still unfair, but I never said evil nor world ending. I only changed my stance on it, cause nothing is being done about it. If you read my post you read that I'm still not for them even though I'm not entirely against them. Also it has nothing to do with it being accessible, cause I've had friends that was doing it already. They were being excessive causing hard lag and long load times by adding way too much which is one of the reasons I've been against them in the first place. You seem like you're one of those people that are unhappy people don't like something and still unhappy even when others just don't care anymore after nothing is being done about it. When you comment you never have anything good to say and you want to try to bully or berate someone, cause you simply don't agree. Well guess what? Guess how long it takes me to care? Not enough time in the world. Anyways think what you will, cause you calling me a hypocrite doesn't hurt me, cause you're a troll trolling my every post not reading them fully. I have thick skin and thicker feelings, so I can take whatever you and people like you can dish out. I can also block you from future comments, messages, and etc on this post and to me. Now take that to heart and crawl back into the hole you came from out of.

It seems like you really can't speak your mind on this forum without people getting seriously bent out of shape about it. Even when you clearly say that you're not entirely against something, you're just pointing out your observations.

I've personally been mesmerized by the hacked rooms since they started happening, and although I get a very slight lag only if there's an inordinate amount of objects all over the map, I still think they're fantastic. They're easily one of the coolest things about this game. I don't play The Sims much, but I've always loved being able to build stuff in that game, and to be able to do that in here is really fun. And as there haven't been any newly added pieces of furniture or wallpapers since I started playing, this definitely expands on the building aspect in a fun and creative way.

Initially I thought the devs would be pissed and ban those people outright for breaking the rules or something, but it seems like they're supportive of it, and that's extremely commendable. I think as long as they allow users to create content for the game, it can continue to thrive. 

It seems like you really can't speak your mind on this forum without people getting seriously bent out of shape about it. Even when you clearly say that you're not entirely against something, you're just pointing out your observations.

I've personally been mesmerized by the hacked rooms since they started happening, and although I get a very slight lag only if there's an inordinate amount of objects all over the map, I still think they're fantastic. They're easily one of the coolest things about this game. I don't play The Sims much, but I've always loved being able to build stuff in that game, and to be able to do that in here is really fun. And as there haven't been any newly added pieces of furniture or wallpapers since I started playing, this definitely expands on the building aspect in a fun and creative way.

Initially I thought the devs would be pissed and ban those people outright for breaking the rules or something, but it seems like they're supportive of it, and that's extremely commendable. I think as long as they allow users to create content for the game, it can continue to thrive.

Well my right to free speech applies whether people like it or not, cause as you can see if they push I push harder. I get what others say about a lack of content and how nice it is, but it doesn't make it right. Seeing as nothing is being done about it there is no real reason to expect change for it. My friends were modding rooms long before it was easily available, but they kept adding too much to it. I don't like them, but I will check my friends rooms out once or twice cause they are my friends and after that never again cause modded rooms aren't my thing despite a friend making a nice yet lagless one and showing me how to make them. Sims is something I've never played, but I'll say this in my opinion this is an x-rated version of the sims.

Btw I'm glad you notice most get bent out of shape when I speak my mind, cause quite frankly no one is asking them to read my posts nor respond. It will be after hell freezes over 100 times before I start to care about these people that obviously believe in misery loving company. Lol take care Yagi dear.

Btw I'm glad you notice most get bent out of shape when I speak my mind, cause quite frankly no one is asking them to read my posts nor respond. It will be after hell freezes over 100 times before I start to care about these people that obviously believe in misery loving company. Lol take care Yagi dear.

Yeah, I think it's lame that people started attacking you just for voicing your opinion...really unnecessary. It's fine if you don't like the modded rooms, to each their own :) I don't know that I'm gonna use the resources to make a modded room, personally, but I think it's cool to see what people do with the possibilities. 

Anyway, you take care too, maybe I'll see you in-game sometime. :)

Yeah, I think it's lame that people started attacking you just for voicing your opinion...really unnecessary. It's fine if you don't like the modded rooms, to each their own :) I don't know that I'm gonna use the resources to make a modded room, personally, but I think it's cool to see what people do with the possibilities. 

Anyway, you take care too, maybe I'll see you in-game sometime. :)

Attacking!? Come on  ...

post-5159-0-44570900-1464881970.jpg
again?