3DXChat Community

Angelica: I doubt this game makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a month. Whatever money it does receive, I imagine gets put back into server upkeep and actual hardware upgrades. Things break, overheat and fail with time. I imagine these parts 

And yeah, Lisa's "No!" is not the show of a Tablet of Commandments for those pessimistic few. Maybe we'll get more soon, I hope.

Saya: I agree with you on everything that you said. It's hard to keep the faith when updates are LONG and FEW between now. I imagine people are up in arms for what happened to the Public DJ situation. People paid money ON TOP of their 3DXChat subscriptions in order to play music for people in places like Fresco, The Old NC, The Wish Pearl, Good ol' Sin Club and Love Island.

I bet people were excited to submit their applications to be a part of Public DJ Play (patent pending, lol). But you have to see it from Achilles' point of view, too.

All he saw was a giant red flag called opportunistic litigation—suing to make a buck.

What he should have done was give people fair warning before pulling the plug. Disk Jockeys sample fro mother disk jockeys all the time. But it only takes one asshole with a stick up his ass or some dumb bitch wannabe to scream out at the top of their lungs and SUE the hell out of 3DXChat for some of their members "sampling" bits and pieces of their music, without their written consent.

Seeing as how the month is almost over and if some of you paid good money for a streaming service, and if Public DJ Play doesn't return, don't pay for another month on your DJ services. I know, I know, some of you will clamp down on my jugular for not bringing up the Achilles' Heel, for a lack of a better term.

It was a bad call on his part, but he was scared. The fear of potentially getting sued made him pull the plug. Will he change his mind? We don't know. But don't pay for another month on your DJ service unless you're absolutely sure that service will return.

Silicone: It's sucks that your friends have left 3DXChat, but that's just a part of life. We can't expect to live here for the rest of our lives. People move on, and you can't blame the game for that.

Sure, the update trickle is barely noticeable now. Will 2.0 make a huge impact for people? Well, let's take a look at other games and their 2.0 release. I was there when AChat released it's 2.0, and it was a lot of the same- besides a new interface, a few rooms for people to interact with (some of which are still in 'Test Phase'), but a lot of the game, remained the same.

Should you be apprehensive of 3DXChat 2.0? Of course, why should I try to sell it to you? I mean, I'm hoping for a few things to return in 2.0 myself, mainly HTML tags and perhaps the return of free alternates for those of us in the storytelling community. But remember that with a change as big as 2.0, like AChat, things...could that remain the same. Here's hoping that development takes a few notes from Red Light District 2.0 and AChat 2.0.

Upgrade, but make it a good one.

Gizmo: *Looks up the 3DXChat Terms and Conditions for when two administrators answer in one thread topic* {inaudible reading]....A...HA! Get two admins to answer in your thread and receive...a FREE TOASTER!? Fuck yeah, buttered toast, here I come! WOO HOO!

Thanks for answering along with Lisa, Gizmo. I hope this serves as good motivation for you and your team to bring some good things along with the upgrade to 2.0 *cough* full figure avatars *cough*

Michaello, Camden and Cordelia: Well, it's true. Should you subsidize your loyal fan base in exchange for fluctuating subscribers, you get what most people are complaining about here, and in other threads.

I'm sure that the competition is aware of things happening here on 3dxChat. It's like a competition between conventions looking to cater to their loyal fans, as well as strays from other conventions whose leadership, has gone terribly awry. I'm sure you have people spying in on 3DXChat from other places just to get a heads up on what content is being created.

Should administrators be closer to the community? They were. Why they chose to stop, could very well be, a choice of keeping their development a secret from those spies who come in and check in from other games. You would be ignorant to think that other games live by the honor system on their bulletin boards, too.

Does it make good business sense to keep a tight lip on new ideas? To an extent, it does. You should at least have some good form of communication between your clients and the services they seek. Do you want to give your clients all the secrets of the game, well, of course not.

Many of you have mentioned before, that some form or 'percentage completion updates' would be more than enough to keep your enthusiasm for this game afloat. Maybe administration could do that for you, so long as you don't complain about the game being 'stuck at 55 percent finished' for more than two months.

Patience is a bitch, I know you feel. 

Is 3DXChat dying? From what I've seen here, no, not at all. Certain aspects of the game are, and those aspects could be dying, just to keep up with the changing times. We can't keep playing Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Entertainment System forever. (I grew up in the 80's, give me a break.)

What I have noticed however, is the respect you all have for one another when asked politely and without talking down to you, a question that brings up good topic for debate. I guarantee you that if you keep up the respect for one another like you've done so far here, you'll see Gizmo, Lisa, Ash and yes, even Achilles, read through your replies in a constructive manner. Maybe they'll realize things like ,"Maybe I overreacted and I should change this, or bring back that, or put in something new."

We got administrators to speak out over something you all care about dearly. Yes, it's only a short "Gnyuhh" or "Blergh...", but you have their attention now. I could not have done it without your thoughts and comments about 3DXChat.

You all made this happen. I commend you all for keeping this civil and constructive. ♥

Should development have to answer EVERY single question, about development? Only the important ones. Like my free toaster, damn it. :P

*Vanishes back into the bushes with a pack of Twinkies* :ph34r:

Forum-whiners dont reflect real numbers of unsatisfied customers. Thats the first thing you learn at EA.

[snip, snip, snip]

This was the best post in this thread, by far.

I used to be what others would call a 3DX fanboy. I have stopped being so supportive of the Devs for reasons that will be apparent by the end of this message.

So, Lisa and Gizmo, you both insisted that 3DX is not dying? Well, you are wrong.

I have been involved in the running of a very large business for a long long time, and I can say without fear of contradiction that if a business is not living up to its full potential, then it is dying. 3DX might not die soon. It might go limping along for a very very long time to come, because the Internet gives you access to a virtually infinite number of new customers to piss off. But I will not change my opinion that 3DX is dying until the "new engine" project becomes something more than an April Fool's joke.

And to me, the saddest part of this whole situation is that most of the issues are the result of the Dev's inability to communicate EFFECTIVELY with the player population. I wrote "effectively" in all caps for a reason. Yes, there is some communication, but as in most companies, management is never really communicating with either its employees or its customers as well as it thinks it is. Please think this over, Lisa and Gizmo. All you really have to do to solve half the problems mentioned in this thread is communicate better and more effectively.

Guest Twiggy

I agree with you Sage, but not totally.

If the devs had made a better job of PR right through from the opening of 3DXChat they would not have the problems they have now.

If the devs announced that they are working on 3DXChat 2 and there will be no further updates til it's release and the release date was x amount of months away, what do think would have happened?.

If the devs had done better PR in the past and everyone wasn't so pissed off about how things had been done, will it have made a difference to that being accepted?.

For myself and from what I am hearing from a lot of others, I am waiting to see what will be included in the all new 3DXChat 2.

If it is not the big deal it should be, if it is not, not only much better graphics but a whole pile of new features then I think for many people that will be the last straw.

With the way they have gone about this and because of things that happened in the past they have to deliver or it is very likely it will cost them a large part of their player base.

Just the release of 3DXChat 2 will bring a lot of people back and I think the numbers will be much higher than it has ever been before.

What they have added is what will either keep people or loose people.

If they have added lots of new things that gets everyone happy with all the new features things will go fine, at least for a while.

If they have added very little then the complaints will fly like they have never done before.

I kinda wish this place would die a bit.. Was so much better a few years ago.. Less people, less poses, less dances, less locations, less cunts, less everything.. Was a much better place then.. But... I still pay to play.. So, if you think this place is dying you are one of the mentioned cunts..

I am one of the mentioned cunts.

I agree with you Sage, but not totally.

Well, Twiggy, I didn't say that communicating better would solve every problem. I said that it would solve half of the problems that were mentioned in this thread. There are obviously a lot of things that cannot be solved simply by communicating better. But communicating better will help alleviate the impressions, which many people have, of 3DX not living up to its full potential.

Guys, the only way to make a dev talking a lot is to talk about money :P

Just a joke of course... But the Prepaid Cards topic seems veeeery followed by devs....if you want you can have a look by yourself... (Big kiss to Gizmo).

I would like it was like this for the development topics as well.... Ugh.... But it is not... *sigh*...

It is life...

Kiss

Nion

...Can I have my aforementioned toaster?

But seriously, it's refreshing to see (for the most part) well defined arguments on both side of the playing field. Have you seen some forums? Keep doing you, people. 

Honestly, I'm afraid the much-mentioned 3dxchat 2.0 will basically boil down to an update to enable new features possible in Unity 5 and make sure there are no glitches by moving to a new renderer and fuck all besides that.

Which will mean another month without new content. I see people asking for the same things over and over again: more male clothing, body jewelry, tattoos, the chance for user-generated content, better FFM poses, small movement like kissing and touching breasts or asses when in a pose, variety in penis sizes, etc... and they never get implemented despite the many times they pop up. When did we have the last substantial update? One that added a feature or more than two poses? It's been ages. And no, a new hat or a new piece of clothing does not count. Those should be added every bloody week.

I would be fine with this if this were Second Life where the app is free and you can always buy user-generated content to broaden your experience but that is an option 3dxchat explicitly does not have.

There always seems to be a decent number of people around (except for the dead moment of the day when Australia is asleep, Europe is at lunch and the Yanks still have to wake up) but they have nothing to do besides cycle the same tired old poses. If I have fun it is despite the game, not because of it. It is because I am with someone with strong RP that allows me to express things the interface simply does not allow.

I'm so happy to had come accros that topic. This topic can't probably be understood by many in the community but I really like it because at least, it allowed devs to say a big "NO" (= no it's not dying).

Lol  :D Guys why do you think so? A long delay with updates? It's because we are working on big engine update. We are preparing a strong foundation for further development of the project.

Why? Because the communication is not your best talent?

Communication is a key point in a project development. If you would communicate like you are actually doing for 3DX on a Kickstarter, you would fail terribly...

But nice to see some details in your answer. So that means we should get more news in the future and more actual content after the Unity5 update?

As I understand it, an attempt to switch to Unity 5 failed. Developers just have nothing to say and nothing to show.

Show us proof, Vladok. If you can't, your credibility is out the window. No one will ever believe anything else you say if you can't come up with proof that this is true.

Good luck on that.

Edited by SamanthaSweetheart

As I understand it, an attempt to switch to Unity 5 failed. Developers just have nothing to say and nothing to show.

For what it is worth - if anything, i've already been down this road with Unitiy 4 to 5. Utherverse actually had to wait for Unity to release fixes and sometimes had to wait months for them before getting back to even trying to move on with their update last year when Unity 5 was released. BTW, Unity 5 is only a bit over a year old - an infant.

Dunno where you get this 'failed' assertion from. It isn't a fail. Fail implies not moving forward and stopping in humiliation.

Unity is not going to go back to 4, its next step is 6; nor would any company in their right mind not progress along with Unity eventually (that decides to stay with Unity). I hope people don't expect some new shiny world so awe inspiring and new that what was there looks like pong - it will not. Will it be better - of course. Will it give them new creative opportunities they didn't have in 4? yes. Will lighting be better? yes. But Oversexed nymphos decending from heaven bent on sex at the users will with 1000 postions available - just isn't going to be the case.

Based on the issues Utherverse had in their upgrade I think it is safe to reason there have been some unexpected problems that popped up and need resolved.

Simple logic woudl tell us, it isn't in their interest to delay an upgrade any longer than needs.