3DXChat Community

Guest Twiggy

I love how people say: "X and Y Chat are better then this game"

Why not go back to it if it is so much better :)

I actually agree with that, well most of it.

Comparing this game to others is not the way to go and I get sick of being invited to go join people that have mostly gone back to other games.

3DXChat is a different format to others and will likely never be comparable in the amount of growth that other games achieve.

Oh and before I go any further, Rob you shouldn't be reading this as you don't give a fuck what I think.

What I don't like hearing though is how people want to just let them go back to those other games and even suggest they do.

There are lots of good quality people have done exactly that, people who have helped build those other games.

I have seen people in 3DXChat that have done things like be very successful in making clothes for other games for 5 years or more, they have tried to do the same in here.

They have sent samples of their work to the devs in BVH files as requested and have just been told, sorry it is not in the right format.

They have then tried to find out what they needed to do and got no where.

There has been several times I have seen this happen, people I feel 3DXChat should be doing its best to hold on to.

Instead they just let them go, and they go back to where they have been successful.

There has been a couple of people manage to do custom content yes, one with animations and one who supplied artwork that could be added to the selections for what we apply to our clothes.

That was artwork only, it was not supplying clothes to be added as it is done in other places for custom content.

The big thing here is that 3DXChat is gaining people from other games, who mainly come because of the better graphics, then loosing them back to where they came from.

My opinion, we need to acknowledge why they are doing that and try to do what we can to keep these people in 3DXChat.

Especially the ones that have shown they can do things to help it grow.

My opinion, and it is taken from what lots have said is the reason both in these forums and in game, is that the devs do not do anywhere enough to keep them interested.

Nikki said...

Why don't you play the others too?

At least you can play Achat and Second Life for free, if you want to.

Achat they are updating every week and SL doesn't need any more new content, there is enough there to last you until the end of RL.

I paid for a full price annual sub here and, apart from 2.0, which I have been using since day 1 and no one else does (well, hardly anyone), I have had nothing new in this game.

My opinion is that 3dxchat owes to its users a good service.

Good service means, to me, giving a good product, that is easy to use and without problems (the best possible of course), with a good support, a good communication with the devs, a good and no-fake advertising (like it was in the past and some is still now), and finally with fresh-air development pace in order to make it evolving.

Now we have two clients: 1.0 and 2.0.

1.0 is not evolving, it has still some bugs, and surely it will not include any new content.

2.0 is trying to evolve, it has still a lot of bugs, and for now it is not having any new content implementation.

The common thing between the two is that no user knows what exactly is going to happen: when will 1.0 close to be replaced by 2.0? What kind of new content is being developed (if something is being developed now)? etc...

I think the most of the "trolling", as someone called this, derives from this lack of communication.

Said this, people can, and I hope they'll do, continue playing and paying. But at the same time these people can, and I hope they'll do, keep on trolling and asking for more and not being satisfied.

As always, my opinion

kiss

Nion

Nikki said...

Why don't you play the others too?

At least you can play Achat and Second Life for free, if you want to.

Achat they are updating every week and SL doesn't need any more new content, there is enough there to last you until the end of RL.

I paid for a full price annual sub here and, apart from 2.0, which I have been using since day 1 and no one else does (well, hardly anyone), I have had nothing new in this game.

I dont play the others because they are not appealing enough for me. Heavy content or not... if I dont enjoy to look at the game I play I simply dont. World of Warcraft as example has more content then most of the newer MMO's alltogether yet I wont play it. Does it look as good as the new ones? I dont think so. Content is not everything at least not for me.

Before I joined 3DX I took a look at Thrixxx, Achat, SL and IMVU. So yeah I am here.

The game isn't dying; what happens is that the devs don't do enough to retain the users that they gain. So you get a lot of people that play for a little while and then disappear forever. You get a lot of new users all the time. But the amount of longtime users sticking around, that number is small, and I think it is slowly dwindling. 

The reason for this is simple: there's just not enough content to keep it interesting in the long term. People see that there's a small amount of options for clothes and items for player homes, and they get bored, and they leave. Can you blame them? How can a game like this hope to thrive, in an industry full of companies constantly working to generate new content for their users? 

If 3DX doesn't step up to the plate, then another company (or many more companies) will strongarm them out of business. Good graphics are definitely important - and as of now, 3DX is the reigning champ - but it just won't be enough to keep people interested in the long run, if they continue to take as long as they do to generate new content.

I just told you why.

If the customer doesn't complain, the developer doesn't learn shit about what is wrong with their game, and business in general.

How do you know the sink is clogged if you've never had to wash your hands, and no one tells you about it?

3Dxchat team needs a reality check

- They don't have 100's of sex animations like they advertise. Actually finish what you advertise.

- Their content is lacking. Instead of working on an enormous project so early, they should've gotten every fundamental down to scope. Example: Positions, Furniture, Character modelling, and clipping issues.

- They charge over 20 dollars a month  for a product that has no content in 5 months. Sharpen the price down a bit for version 1.0, since there's nothing new. Once 2.0 is out, then it's appropriate to bring it back up. People will see the lowered price, and will stay longer, enough to both fund for greater projects and improve the game based on player variety.

- Their PR is terrible. They need to revamp their communication with players

This game could be SO much more than it is right now, even if they weren't "rich" from it, even with their staff.

Guest Twiggy

tell em nik, if they were true RPers they wouldnt even need poses... just an imagination :P.   btw, wtf is thrixx?

Somehow I don't think that is what Nikki meant.

But if you are right, then maybe all V2 needs to be is a really great looking chat box.

But then who is going to pay $20US a month for that.

Bottom line is this, nothing is going to make everyone happy. People complained about a new room, then they got one and still wasnt happy because it was a club type room. If its poses they will complain that it wasnt a pose geared towards what they wanted. The real issue here is this, People say they want whats best for 3dx when clearly they dont. They want whats best for THEM in 3dx. Nothing wrong with that btw, its the nature of the beast . 

People will never stop complaining and also others will never stop sticking up for the devs. Its sort of like a pissing contest in the wind from both sides. Its sort of like the men in female avi's topic, its never ending nor will it ever be

That's the entire point of being a customer. If a customer isn't satisfied but is still interested, you're doing something right.

But in this case, 3dxchat doesn't take that opportunity.

I wonder if there's at last a way to communicate with devs still...

These forums have just become a chat.

It seems they don't even read anything on here anymore.

This is kinda annoying in my opinion, no matter if I am satisfied or not about the game nowadays.

Nion

Nah...they still reading ...but they don't care about what is mentionned in here

The bottom line is, that meanwhile, somehow, this all here, is slowly more and more starting to remind me of two scenes of a Monty Python movie called 'Life of Brian' with: "What have the romans done for us" 

and of course, what else: The splitters with the judean peoples front, or was it the fucking popular people's front of judea?!

I wonder if there's at last a way to communicate with devs still...

These forums have just become a chat.

It seems they don't even read anything on here anymore.

This is kinda annoying in my opinion, no matter if I am satisfied or not about the game nowadays.

Nion

They still read it, they take note of it, but they don't reply. Most of their replies are limited to the 2.0 Threads.

They are like that creepy uncle that stalks the neighbors :-/

I am going to say that Second Life vastly superior to 3DXChat.

If you are going to pay 20$ a month, you can easily surpass the graphic with Second Life compare to 3DXChat.

Content is limitless since it created by the user.

Community is massive so there is all sorts of kinks if you are looking for something specific.

Second Life has improved massively over the years with new shaders, mesh support etc.

If you like to have super amazing graphic, get "Black Dragon Viewer" https://bitbucket.org/NiranV/black-dragon-viewer/wiki/Home

Only real advantage that 3DXChat has is user friendliness but if you are willing to learn how to use Second Life, you won't regret it

I am going to say that Second Life vastly superior to 3DXChat.

If you are going to pay 20$ a month, you can easily surpass the graphic with Second Life compare to 3DXChat.

Content is limitless since it created by the user.

Community is massive so there is all sorts of kinks if you are looking for something specific.

Second Life has improved massively over the years with new shaders, mesh support etc.

If you like to have super amazing graphic, get "Black Dragon Viewer" https://bitbucket.org/NiranV/black-dragon-viewer/wiki/Home

Only real advantage that 3DXChat has is user friendliness but if you are willing to learn how to use Second Life, you won't regret it

OMG!!! Your comment will defenitely badly affect 3DX community!

Devs have to close 1.0 to make people switching to 2.0, otherwise it is a mess.

This beta is taking too long to "mature".

A good "publicity way" would be by adding some new nice contents (specially new poses) the day they will inform about the switch.

Kiss

Nion

It isn't all about the graphics. The potential social network size in SL is far higher than here. I visited 20 dance halls (a small percentage of what is available) last night, five of them on beaches with far more content than here.
I have a personal hud that gives me more than 40 different dances and the dance places have their own too. I can change my clothing in a flash, without going to a changing room and I can maintain it across zones.
I rent a (relatively) fully furnished, two storey, apartment, with interchangeable furniture and texture variations for walls, floors and furniture, for the equivalent of less than $5US a month and there is no limit to the amount of cheap or free furniture you can buy to supplement that. For example, the grand piano in the shot below came with the apartment but I have my own for free.

Before I rented the apartment I lived in SL, perfectly happily, without spending a cent for four months. And, now, although I do buy things still, there are plenty of opportunities for getting free and/or extremely cheap items of clothing, furniture, etc. For example, today is $50L Friday and there are many stores selling things off at what is the equivalent of $0.20US.
If you want to compare graphics, here are just a couple of random shots from each of SL and here. I'm not going to comment on the quality of graphics but I know which I prefer.
sl_3dx_comparison.jpghosting images

It isn't all about the graphics. The potential social network size in SL is far higher than here. I visited 20 dance halls (a small percentage of what is available) last night, five of them on beaches with far more content than here.

I have a personal hud that gives me more than 40 different dances and the dance places have their own too. I can change my clothing in a flash, without going to a changing room and I can maintain it across zones.

I rent a (relatively) fully furnished, two storey, apartment, with interchangeable furniture and texture variations for walls, floors and furniture, for the equivalent of less than $5US a month and there is no limit to the amount of cheap or free furniture you can buy to supplement that. For example, the grand piano in the shot below came with the apartment but I have my own for free.

Before I rented the apartment I lived in SL, perfectly happily, without spending a cent for four months. And, now, although I do buy things still, there are plenty of opportunities for getting free and/or extremely cheap items of clothing, furniture, etc. For example, today is $50L Friday and there are many stores selling things off at what is the equivalent of $0.20US.

If you want to compare graphics, here are just a couple of random shots from each of SL and here. I'm not going to comment on the quality of graphics but I know which I prefer.

sl_3dx_comparison.jpghosting images

Yes ,and I heard you can buy a store in SL and sell your own stuff for getting real life $ income , a good way for those who like to create virtual things and make money for the work they did. Not as I know who did some stuff for 3dx and probably had make less $ income for what they worked for.

It has nothing to do with how long they have been out. One store that I regularly buy from in SL is a two person organization and produces a new outfit every three or four days.

And, of course they are competing. They want your money as much as anyone else. The users might not know what 3DXChat is but you can bet the developers do.

Also, if you are basing quality of product on number of users then where does that put 3DXChat?
How can SL be sub-standard? There is no standard?
And, as far as graphics are concerned, I thought everyone was here for the socializing, the sex and the rp'ing, which you can do with virtually any game and the communications in SL is far superior to that of 3DXChat (lol, you can't even leave a message for a friend when they are offline in 3DXChat and how long have people been asking for that?). In fact, you can socialize, rp and have sex in real life, you don't need to look at a screen at all. Try it sometime.

I was going to make a long drawn out post but i will instead say one thing.....   If 2L is so great, why are you people wasting your time posting in here. hmmmm

Like I mention before, I had interested in 3DXChat but the lack of updates lately I feel if people are looking for adult fun and want something similar that can be just as good graphic or better. With big communities and roleplaying then Second Life is the way to go.

As for IMVU, the content is limited and restricted where almost anything is possible in Second Life.

I also have posted an amazing graphic viewer above and will post it again

https://bitbucket.org/NiranV/black-dragon-viewer/wiki/Home

The graphic on Black Dragon Viewer is so much better compare to Standard SL Viewer.

Also got to remember that in Second Life, content is very very customisble where 3DXchat is limited to developers art.

so things like a penis/breast all basically look the same in 3DXchat where SL you can look very unique

I am also willing to help people out so people can make their own comparison between all the social/adult/3d programs.

its 20$ a month vs however amount you choose to spend, can enjoy it for free or spend a bit to make the experience better visually for your own avatar etc

If 2L is so great, why are you people wasting your time posting in here.

Perhaps, because I was silly enough to buy an annual subscription at the full rate and still play every day and perhaps because, even if I don't find the game more interesting than SL, I do find the forum interesting.

And, because I am one of the few people who have gone to the trouble of supporting 3DXChat by playing 2.0 virtually every day since day 1 and feel that I should keep abreast with what is going on as I still have time on my expensive sub.

And, because I like to continue providing a volume of reasonable content and ideas to the forum as opposed to making snide remarks about "you people."

I don't think that if someone explains the better things of another game means that she/he prefers that instead of 3dxchat.

3dxchat has a lot better things than others otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Anyway explaining that is only like pushing for the improvement in here: a game 13 years old can teach something to a game 3 years old. But 3dxchat is far way advanced in the software, because it's a newer one. 2L doesn't run on Unity platform, even if it is something very sophisticated.

But I am not meaning about the software of course, I am talking about the content.

2L has a lot of things that 3dxchat could make too, at last before Project Samsar (or what the name is I don't remember) will be launched. It is a matter of time before some new games will be really competitive in the graphics, then 3dxchat will have to do something more to keep users.

I like 3dxchat as well as I like 2L. I am kinda old player in both so I saw the evolution in both. And yes 2L has reached its plateau of improvement after the introduction of the meshes. After that no good improvement more. And that's because Linden Lab is working on the 2.0 (Project Samsar), new world, new graphics, etc etc...

Due to a matter of RL time I prefer playing on 3dxchat also because 2L has become a computer-resources-drainer-monster which can melt my laptop for sure.

Last message here is (of course my opinion as always): we have 2.0, we have the graphic, why don't we go back to put in some new content updates? Let's close 1.0 and move on with the 2.0!

Kiss

Nion

your prob right. Its just odd this 2L crap gets brought up every other month. Im pretty sure if they have forums (i have no clue) the user base wouldnt take kindly to me saying 3dx is far better. Anyways, im done bickering about something so foolish. Im quitting smoking so that didnt help either, im not the most cheery fucker around these days :P

Quit smoking!!!! Very good :-)