3DXChat Community

DJing in public places... Rules make no sense

JessicaX

MY TOTALLY IRRELEVANT OPINION ON THIS MATTER IS AS FOLLOWS.

There are 2 sides into this conflict, and while I agree that achilles did shitton for player base and community, theres been also tons of drama, not just today, not just last day but overall it's been happening over and over, I seen most of those and I have my own opinions about Achilles and while I am not afraid to say them loud they are irrelevant here.

I am actually really happy that this happened, sure perhaps you people won't have DJs in public zones BUT you must remember something.

There are no rights or wrongs here the server was provided by Achilles and I feel this was and is big mistake, Some community member should never had enough power to dictate of who and what is being played in the game.

Sure you might disagree with this but I think we are all paying quite hefty fee that music is big part of this game and it should be managed by company only, Company is supposed to be unbiased and without feelings so all the drama we seen in past 2,5 or whatever years shouldn't happened in first place.

Also you have no fucking idea robT why this game loses mods, I been very good friend of Skar and still i am outside of this place. I think I know Shanti well too.

But I also agree with snowbelle opinion and sometimes I must wonder why the fuck you aren't banned for trolling because that's what majority of your posts in every single forum is.

There are 2 sides into this conflict, and while I agree that achilles did shitton for player base and community, theres been also tons of drama, not just today, not just last day but overall it's been happening over and over, I seen most of those and I have my own opinions about Achilles and while I am not afraid to say them loud they are irrelevant here.

I am actually really happy that this happened, sure perhaps you people won't have DJs in public zones BUT you must remember something.

There are no rights or wrongs here the server was provided by Achilles and I feel this was and is big mistake, Some community member should never had enough power to dictate of who and what is being played in the game.

Sure you might disagree with this but I think we are all paying quite hefty fee that music is big part of this game and it should be managed by company only, Company is supposed to be unbiased and without feelings so all the drama we seen in past 2,5 or whatever years shouldn't happened in first place.

Also you have no fucking idea robT why this game loses mods, I been very good friend of Skar and still i am outside of this place. I think I know Shanti well too.

But I also agree with snowbelle opinion and sometimes I must wonder why the fuck you aren't banned for trolling because that's what majority of your posts in every single forum is.

LOL

Are you for real? *tries to see if there is a person behind the troll mask*

reported, personal attack

and for the record not one of my posts here were trolling in any manor. unless ofc you call defending achilles trolling then by all means i am trolling. It could be worse, i could be whining in every thread . so try again

Can you explain me where I am wrong asking that game - DEVELOPERS - the people who make this game actually manage their own music instead of third ( biased ) party as in player?

Because we know no matter what he will do he is biased to one direction.

if not then please STFU

I can..but I wont...*smiles*

Bah ok its called Outsourcing...Common practice..In the real world that is...

As far as I can read outsourcing happens from company to company,

and this is very special case where one ( biased player, he is biased because he is human being and all human beings are biased into one direction) is given power enough to manage whole system, and it creates tons of drama. You are friend of Rob I assume and I also assume you been here ... what ? month? So you have no clue about past and there's been so many related dramas with so many people siding on every side that there is no one who can point who is wrong or who is right even if they seen all of these dramas.

Tons of these dramas and issues could been prevented if the music was managed by this game developers followed by their and only their rules instead of friendships and everything else.

But again... seems like best you can do is write single word, so good job.

Bah ok its called Outsourcing...Common practice..In the real world that is...

There are very few times I agree with Riela.  :P But she is right about putting this much power into a player's hand, it is dangerous because personal opinions affect too many people. It is understandable why this was done, just unfortunate decisions couldn't be made without being unbiased.

As far as I can read outsourcing happens from company to company,

and this is very special case where one ( biased player, he is biased because he is human being and all human beings are biased into one direction) is given power enough to manage whole system, and it creates tons of drama. You are friend of Rob I assume and I also assume you been here ... what ? month? So you have no clue about past and there's been so many related dramas with so many people siding on every side that there is no one who can point who is wrong or who is right even if they seen all of these dramas.

Tons of these dramas and issues could been prevented if the music was managed by this game developers followed by their and only their rules instead of friendships and everything else.

But again... seems like best you can do is write single word, so good job.

Nope been here a little over a year..I was trying to keep my explanation simple..

Topic was "DJing in public places... Rules make no sense"

> There are no more rules, nor djing in public. Problem solved.

Can we please stop fighting and drag this in other directions. Can we  agree to move on until admins decide to handle it (if they do) ?

This is such a waste of energy since it's all said and done now.

It's becoming nonsense.

The Problem was personal for me:

As first she shared Illegal recorded sets of streaming with the Servers on Mixcloud and that's an fact.

She did stream for example in Fresco Club and recorded this streams illegaly and this kind of illegal behaviour brings the DJ Networks, each public DJ and the DJ Servers, the Game on an illegal context.

The second problem is I must have the guess she record also songs one at one and use this songs on the servers and that's the same as rip youtube songs... :)

Everyone can do in her rooms what she want but an behaviour like this have nothing to do with DJ honour, support Art and Artists or entertain his audiences as it should be.

You guess that I recorded the songs then used them to stream? Why would i need to record individual tracks when I had the subscription. Also.. how do you police people recording their sets when they stream? You can't.. do you know why? Because you don't have access to what another person does on their PC. I have already showed and proved like 5 times... ANYONE uploading to mixcloud a recorded set is doing so ILLEGALLY! How is this so hard to understand? The differences is that I admit it's illegal while everyone else just stays hush about it. Yes.. even you that bought your tracks, your sets are ILLEGAL just like mine!. It goes against copyright to record and distribute any licensed audio without the consent of the artist. Unless you are using a service like Beatport, which allows you to upload your sets only to beatport to be sold and then the artists make profit. Even the sets created with beatport tracks and uploaded to mixcloud is ILLEGAL! 

How is it any different? And how do you police who records their sets and who doesn't? I was 100% honest with you and told you my method. I could have lied about, but I didn't I have always been honest with you Achilles. You might not like the idea that I record my mixes, and that's fine but that's not your concern and has absolutely nothing to do with streaming. I also have never streamed anything illegal while on 3dx servers. I always followed your rules and I was always honest with you.

Again, for the 1.000.000 time :) The Idea was to set a Network to entertain the Game Members on 3DXChat individually and personal with real DJ Artists :) Like a real life Club!

In a real life Club (here in germany) is it typical and a Rule to spin only with original CD's, Vinyl's. You can never go in a club and say "hey man, I have on my stick 250 Beatport Tracks. or Hey Man you have luck, I have a Content Unlimited License" NO CLUB MANAGER LET YOU SPIN! Because no one can check the original origin of this content.

We say, "ok 250 Beatport Tracks are cool, welcome in Fresco Club" :P

But I will nothing have to do with Illegal things and a discuss like this shows me it's time to stop because it goes out of control.

There is nothing true or correct about this post. My boss is a club and event DJ and also has 6 people on payroll who play all over this state, and they have always used CU to fill in gaps. Blanket licenses on the servers protect against it. This is what I mean... just a little research Achilles and you can understand that this is not true.

Achilles, I have always respected you and I still do. I have always been honest with you, and I will continue to do so in the future. I also appreciate everything you have done for 3dx and the community. I think you are a fantastic DJ and with your taste in music being very close to mine, I have always enjoyed your streams and mixes. I have never done anything against your rules while streaming in public. You can ask the very high number of people I have turned down requests for because it either did not match theme or I could not find a proper version on CU because maybe it was a bit obscure. I know that you do not agree with me recording my mixes, but lets not forget the fact that anyone that does is doing it illegally, unless you purchase and upload to the same site, such as Beatport. When asked about how I recorded the mixes, I was honest and truthful. I did not try to hide anything from you or anyone else.

Even tho you do not agree with something I do, all due respect to you... It's my PC and neither you or anyone else can police what I do on my PC. If you want to get technical, anyone can go into Fresco and record whats being played. What would happen in this case? Your servers are supplying the music. Does that make you liable for it? No it does not, because they are doing it in private on their own PC. And if you remember our private conversation, I asked you if it would make any difference if I chose to not record them while I was streaming. You stood firm on the idea that it was still illegal no matter what. You are 100% correct, it is. But why do we keep overlooking the fact that it's illegal for anyone to do it? it makes no difference where the source of the tracks come from. Whether purchased from google, using a subscription service built into VDJ like Content Unlimited, or ripping them from Youtube, or even CD rips... when you record and distribute, you are breaking the law. But the recording issue has absolutely nothing to do with streaming in any way shape or form. The only difference is, it's easier to record if its a purchased track or cd rip. Also.. CD rips have user supplied Meta Info... so how can Meta Info be trusted? It really can't. You are forced to put a level of trust in your DJs, and you have always been a bit picky. There's nothing wrong with that.

My issue isn't with you changing the rules. My issue isn't with you being upset because I record mixes. My issue is that you ignore the fact that I am always open, upfront, honest, and always followed your rules, but just because you have a personal issue with recording mixes, you retaliated against me a bit. You notice that I have not streamed a single track in public after you told me "No more CU". That's because I respected your rules and I still do. If you want to be upset at me because I do something that is morally questionable, then that's your right, but I think it's wrong to come after me and make changes to a rule system to punish me and many others while ignoring the fact that other DJs do it also. Transparency and Consistency is all I asked for from the beginning.

I tried having this conversation on Skype with you but you would not lift a finger to either verify or disprove your assumptions of the legality of CU. I did a lot of research myself and posted many things to you which contained more than enough information to quell this assumption, but we both know that's not really what this is about. The problem is that you are so fixated on the recording issue, that you let it dictate other decisions and they don't have anything to do with one another. I am certainly not the only DJ using this service and I'm quite sure the community would be a bit upset and some people would be changing their tunes if they knew the other DJs that are using this service, but I am not going to bring others into this.

I am not upset at you or anyone else for voicing their opinions, but much of it based on assumptions. I can assure you and everyone reading this that I have done countless hours of research to get the information that I have shared with you all. It saddens me that your removed all the music servers, and anyone that thinks this was plan from the beginning has not read a single word I have said. 

All of you can hate me because you don't agree with me recording EDM mixes. That's fine, and that's your right. But I do ask that you keep in mind that most EDM DJs do it. I'm going to get a lot of replies that say  "yes but i do it with purchased tracks". Sorry, if you read and do the research you will see that's its illegal in any fashion to do so.

Fact is.. while streaming in public, I always respected the rules and I always followed them without exception. I also did this for the entertainment of other people. Everyone who knows me will back me up when I tell you that I streamed to Love Island WAY more than any other location. I didn't do this for my own glory. I always took requests and it felt to good to know that maybe I made a difference in someone's life even for just 1 night. 

But however you put it, you just agreed that it was still a recording of a live set played on the 3Dx server, even if done "externally". Therefore the tool he provides was used as an accessory, which eventually comes back on his shoulders as well. You can't deny that.

For what this thread comes down to, he had his rights to do what he did, and no one can deny it. His tools were directly, or indirectly being used for a wrong doing. 

Ummm no. Thats like saying because bank robbers used a Ford Mustang as a getaway car... Ford Motor Company is also responsible. That makes no sense and you need to learn how this stuff works. This is probably the 15th time I have said this and everyone overlooks it... EVERYONE WHO RECORDS AND REDISTRIBUTES AUDIO IS GOING AGAINST COPYRIGHT! It doesn't matter if they use CU, Google, iTunes, or ripped music from CDs. It's ALL illegal! Why is everyone overlooking this? if needed, I can easily provide links to lots of approved public DJs with active mixcloud accounts. Why are all fingers on me when nearly everyone does it? Can someone please explain this to me?

Ummm no. Thats like saying because bank robbers used a Ford Mustang as a getaway car... Ford Motor Company is also responsible. That makes no sense and you need to learn how this stuff works. This is probably the 15th time I have said this and everyone overlooks it... EVERYONE WHO RECORDS AND REDISTRIBUTES AUDIO IS GOING AGAINST COPYRIGHT! It doesn't matter if they use CU, Google, iTunes, or ripped music from CDs. It's ALL illegal! Why is everyone overlooking this? if needed, I can easily provide links to lots of approved public DJs with active mixcloud accounts. Why are all fingers on me when nearly everyone does it? Can someone please explain this to me?

The thing is recording isn't illegal, its recording and redistribution for profit that is illegal. If Achilles or anyone that is defending him realize this, we'd still have the public DJs up. When DJs rip music and upload to MixCloud for distribution, the blanket license makes the content legal, making the recording aspect moot.