3DXChat Community

DJing in public places... Rules make no sense

JessicaX

I need a little clarification if you don't mind.

Were these recordings made while playing on 3Dx ? Or did you respin them after login off from 3dx to record them ?

The one in question was the Mix i recorded for the Insane Party. 2 things to keep in mind here... The recording was made externally and has nothing to with the outgoing stream or the files I used for that stream. I can understand why he would have an issue with this, because I know that some people are passionate about these things. Was it against copyright for me to do this?  Well of course it is. Copyright laws clearly state that you cannot legally copy and redistribute audio recordings of licenced audio without the consent of the artist. So yes, it was illegal for me to do this. But let's not forget, it's illegal for ANYONE to record and redistribute audio recordings and even some here that have been bashing me for doing this have active Mixcloud accounts.

I will repost this excerpt from the RIAA website...

2Ehk92Z.png

So as you can clearly see from the last sentence: "Regardless of the format at issue, the same basic principle applies: music sound recordings may not be copied or distributed without the permission of the owner." Everyone who does it is doing it illegally. Achilles may look down upon this action and it's his right to do so, but he only has a right to police what happens on his servers. He does not have the right to police what I do privately on a different PC. And again, I also find it odd that of all the people that upload to Mixcloud, I am the only one that an attempt at punishment was made on. There are many others here who also record live sets from public, and while I am not going to name names, just visiting these DJs pages on mixcloud will reveal this information.

Again I am not excusing what I do as moral. I am simply stating that it's my business what I do in private on my own equipment and I should not have to answer to someone else simply because they don't agree with it. Fact is that I always followed the rules when i streamed. Whether or not I recorded the mix means nothing and has no legal implications on him, 3dx, or his servers. And even if it did... there would be a lot more people guilty of this than me... himself included.

I still don't get why people are focusing on the recording issue. It has nothing to do with streaming, at all, in any way. Also, there was never a rule stating that we could not record our mixes, well because he can't enforce that, so why is it even an issue and why are we still discussing it?

What it comes down to really is that I understand that everyone has an opinion on these matters. If you want to look down on me because I bypass DRM and record my mixes, then that's fine. I won't judge you for your views an opinions. But i at least expect some consistency. If the active public DJ pool has 15 people recording mixes, how is it not silly to only make light of one of those people and go after them and try to punish them or make things harder for this one person? Especially considering the fact that you don't have any say what someone does in privacy on their own PC. Letting your personal views come into play and skewing things to make it harder for 1 person, in turn affects many other people indirectly, which is the case we have now, and why I decided to make this post to begin with.

Well I'm sorry.

I completely agree with you that what you do on your computer outside of 3Dx is only your concern and no one has a say on it.

But however you put it, you just agreed that it was still a recording of a live set played on the 3Dx server, even if done "externally". Therefore the tool he provides was used as an accessory, which eventually comes back on his shoulders as well. You can't deny that.

Do these many others DJs who do it also use CU ? I also know that some DJs respin their sets before uploading to Mixcloud.

There is a saying, what you don't know doesn't hurt you.

Here, the information has been put straight into his hands of a wrong doing, and then it's up to you what you do with it. A person like Achilles, has strong beliefs on this matter, everyone knows that, so I'm sure he couldn't just let it go. Because once again, his tool was being used, making it an accessory, and therefore make himself an accessory. As you yourself, state it is as illegal. Maybe it led him to do extra research about CU as well, I do not know that..

I'm not familiar with any of these legal aspects, nor do I need to. You have not been specifically targetted. Everyone that uses CU, and record their live sets with songs from CU, have been, since you had brought to light that it was happening.

When you know your garden has bad grass, it's best to cut it off before it ruins the surroundings. I'm not saying you are a bad grass, I'm saying the action done was probably in his mind, and he had to do something about it to preserve the whole system.

Upon this, was he in his right to change the rules accordingly ? Yes.

Maybe the system is flawed, maybe CU isn't any better than the other available ones and allowed currently in his rules. Those might change too, you never know.

For what this thread comes down to, he had his rights to do what he did, and no one can deny it. His tools were directly, or indirectly being used for a wrong doing. 

Well I'm sorry.

I completely agree with you that what you do on your computer outside of 3Dx is only your concern and no one has a say on it.

But however you put it, you just agreed that it was still a recording of a live set played on the 3Dx server, even if done "externally". Therefore the tool he provides was used as an accessory, which eventually comes back on his shoulders as well. You can't deny that.

Do these many others DJs who do it also use CU ? I also know that some DJs respin their sets before uploading to Mixcloud.

Here, the information has been put straight into his hands of a wrong doing, and then it's up to you what you do with it. A person like Achilles, has strong beliefs on this matter, everyone knows that, so I'm sure he couldn't just let it go. Because once again, his tool was being used, making it an accessory, and therefore make himself an accessory. As you yourself, state it is as illegal. Maybe it led him to do extra research about CU as well, I do not know that..

I'm not familiar with any of these legal aspects, nor do I need to. You have not been specifically targetted. Everyone that uses CU, and record their live sets with songs from CU, have been, since you had brought to light that it was happening.

When you know your garden has bad grass, it's best to cut it off before it ruins the surroundings. I'm not saying you are a bad grass, I'm saying the action done was probably in his mind, and he had to do something about it to preserve the whole system.

Upon this, was he in his right to change the rules accordingly ? Yes.

Maybe the system is flawed, maybe CU isn't any better than the other available ones and allowed currently in his rules. Those might change too, you never know.

For what this thread comes down to, he had his rights to do what he did, and no one can deny it. His tools were directly, or indirectly being used. 

He isn't an accessory. His servers weren't aiding in the recording. All the recording was done on her PC. She wasn't spinning music on his servers, she was streaming to his servers. His server was a proxy to stream legally to 3dx users (public). He is void of all responsibilities of what happens outside of his servers. Which was the case, to look at it differently...suppose his servers didn't exist, can the recording be made? Yes. 

He is right to change the rules. But the rules need to apply to all the content providers, not just CU. Whether it is Google Music, iTunes or Amazon do you not think all should be subject to the same rules/scrutiny? This is why the post was made, the rules were targetted against CU, what was done with CU can be done with all other providers. Which makes the rules inconsistent.

The Problem was personal for me:

As first she shared Illegal recorded sets of streaming with the Servers on Mixcloud and that's an fact.

She did stream for example in Fresco Club and recorded this streams illegaly and this kind of illegal behaviour brings the DJ Networks, each public DJ and the DJ Servers, the Game on an illegal context.

The second problem is I must have the guess she record also songs one at one and use this songs on the servers and that's the same as rip youtube songs... :)

Everyone can do in her rooms what she want but an behaviour like this have nothing to do with DJ honour, support Art and Artists or entertain his audiences as it should be.

He isn't an accessory. His servers weren't aiding in the recording. All the recording was done on her PC. She wasn't spinning music on his servers, she was streaming to his servers. His server was a proxy to stream legally to 3dx users (public). He is void of all responsibilities of what happens outside of his servers. Which was the case, to look at it differently...suppose his servers didn't exist, can the recording be made? Yes. 

His tools were directly, or indirectly being used for a wrong doing. 

I guess the "for" can be replaced by "in".

He is right to change the rules. But the rules need to apply to all the content providers, not just CU. Whether it is Google Music, iTunes or Amazon do you not think all should be subject to the same rules/scrutiny? This is why the post was made, the rules were targetted against CU, what was done with CU can be done with all other providers. Which makes the rules inconsistent.

This was the light that brought attention to the matter, no one said, it was the end of it. That's only speculation from me, and again I'm completely unfamiliar with any of legal aspects.

At this point there is no point beating the horse no more. Or figuring out who was guilty or not. What is done is done, and I'm 99% certain there is no going back.

This discussion will only keep going in circles, shunning people, throwing the ball from one side to another. We might as well accept what happened, and move on. In the current state of the situation nothing more can be done, unless administration chimes in. It's only smokes, with good people throwing digs at each other, probably for nothing in the end.

As first she shared Illegal recorded sets of streaming with the Servers on Mixcloud and that's an fact.

She did stream for example in Fresco Club and recorded this streams illegaly and this kind of illegal behaviour brings the DJ Networks, each public DJ and the DJ Servers, the Game on an illegal context.

The second problem is I must have the guess she record also songs one at one and use this songs on the servers and that's the same as rip youtube songs... :)

Everyone can do in her rooms what she want but an behaviour like this have nothing to do with DJ honour, support Art and Artists or entertain his audiences as it should be.

First Problem:

It is clear it was personal, but none of us are condoning your personal decision on it but instead of making an informed decision you banished CU on the spot. Illegal is a very relative term here. She wasn't doing it for profit, she just wanted to share her work with the public free of charge on MixCloud. For which MixCloud, whether they were recorded illegally or not, will pay the artists all the royalties. :)  

Would it have mattered who recorded the stream? If I recorded the stream and posted it on MixCloud, will you shut down the dj servers? She streamed from her computer to your proxy servers. She recorded on her computer before it reached your server. The streaming was legal, but her recording is not..the recording part is not your issue nor do you have any right to say she can't do it. But she didn't play any recorded tracks, she played live with CU tracks.  :)

Second Problem:

This is your speculation on your part, I know she has always used legal content on streaming. I asked her to play a recorded song once, and she refused to do so. I also asked her to play a youtube song, but she couldn't find the song on CU so she didn't play it.  :)

The bottom line, however, all the artists are credited accordingly with her uploads to MixCloud. If you look at the meta info on the tracks played in MixCloud they are identifiable...you can even buy the songs  :) If you think it is still bad you can report her track on MixCloud for being illegal. I can 100% guarantee you, it will go overlooked because it is very trivial.

Edit:

You made a big issue out of a simple thing as recording, when all she was doing it was for fun, provide great times to 3dx users and improving a skill she is clearly good at. 

Edit 2:

It doesn't bring the game into an illegal context because she is doing it on her own PC. It has NO relation to streaming. She could record after the streams were done. Would you have made the same decision then too? 

I understand your concerns Achilles. 

But what I see are transgressions of a DJ but not of a content delivery platform. Maybe adding the rule: as a public DJ you should NOT publish any recordings on servers like mixcloud would help. As you all can see, I am not generally against rules :)

Where did you get your information that she did a 1 to 1 recording of single songs? And she uploaded them... to which server? Hmmm... is this provable?

In your first response you did put Content Unlimited on the same level as ripping music from youtube videos. This is something I don't understand.  

Achilles, I looked at your "example". Could you please tell me why did you fav and reposted it on Mixcloud?  :huh:

So what is this thread about? About CU being banned as a legal streaming source or about wrongdoing of Jessica? I am confused on this. 

Again, for the 1.000.000 time :) The Idea was to set a Network to entertain the Game Members on 3DXChat individually and personal with real DJ Artists :) Like a real life Club!

In a real life Club (here in germany) is it typical and a Rule to spin only with original CD's, Vinyl's. You can never go in a club and say "hey man, I have on my stick 250 Beatport Tracks. or Hey Man you have luck, I have a Content Unlimited License" NO CLUB MANAGER LET YOU SPIN! Because no one can check the original origin of this content.

We say, "ok 250 Beatport Tracks are cool, welcome in Fresco Club" :P

But I will nothing have to do with Illegal things and a discuss like this shows me it's time to stop because it goes out of control.

Again, for the 1.000.000 time :) The Idea was to set a Network to entertain the Game Members on 3DXChat individually and personal with real DJ Artists :) Like a real life Club!

In a real life Club (here in germany) is it typical and a Rule to spin only with original CD's, Vinyl's. You can never go in a club and say "hey man, I have on my stick 250 Beatport Tracks. or Hey Man you have luck, I have a Content Unlimited License" NO CLUB MANAGER LET YOU SPIN! Because no one can check the original origin of this content.

We say, "ok 250 Beatport Tracks are cool, welcome in Fresco Club" :P

But I will nothing have to do with Illegal things and a discuss like this shows me it's time to stop because it goes out of control.

Okay, well I think it is about time you moved on to the 21st Century. Oh and dare I say the Internet? She wasn't streaming illegally, get it through your head.

Achilles, I looked at your "example". Could you please tell me why did you fav and reposted it on Mixcloud?  :huh:

Was favourite as I not knee her behaviour. Because Jessica had to each time a big respect of me and I liked each minutes of her streams :)

But thanks for the info, I should remove my like I agree. 

Okay, well I think it is about time you moved on to the 21st Century. Oh and dare I say the Internet? She wasn't streaming illegally, get it through your head.

We are in 21th Century because we allow legal purchased digital content like MP3, AAC etc ;)

No one of the DJ's need spin with CD's or Vinyl's :)

angry1.gif

shouts: whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
cant there be a fukn single week or month in this forum without a figth?!?!

first of all, thx to *ALL* [Public + Room DJ's] that provided us such great parties n events with music, entertainment and also gave their money n services, their great work, time, sweat'n blood n enthusiasm to all of us to give us great awesome times in this matrix...ty, much appreciated!!

secondly, its about time now SGD made an official statement about their [Public live streaming feature] for the dj's @ 3dx in words and prob also finally with their own damn wallet and i guess shanti said it all already here!

@Developpers : It's time for you to step up. It's clear that DJs are profitable to you and your game, since they entertain your customers and bring the public maps to life most of the time. So now you can either decide to invest in your own server and handle it on your own terms, or leave it as it is and provide only radios. Which is fine too, since it's your game afterall. Even if it is a voluntarily service, I think it's unfair that all the side effects have to be met by individuals, when bottom line is, only your game and your customers gain profit from it.

For the last year (bit more even), DJ issues has been one of the most beaten horse of this forum, and it's tiring. Not only for DJs but also for everyone else who comes accross it, so I hope this puts an end to the matter.

third'n last, actually only just loged in again to give some applause to EVERYBODY involved in these almost 2 years of [DJ Fightclub] in and outside of the forum since im here in this game now, were also i was caught twice in the middle of these [DJ Fights] where friends were involved and i can tell ya...it sure can piss one off...just like now!! but, in the past i always tried n did stay neutrally and stayed in priv chats'n conversatiions or in voice to prevent all that "bullshit" from the majority! besides my friends in here, the [DJ Events] (no matter what genre) were one of the main reasons for me and my bro kyuss to even connect into this game here and for now it looks like:

rip_dj.jpg

giphy.gif

I hope that someone finds a capable solution, 3dx-public places without Live-Dj's... can't imagine this situation... all those great parties....

Hope dies last...

again: devs, time to finally step up now!!
thats all folks, cya, take care and till then:

kstew-door-slam-zathura-o.gif

forumdoor-slam

The only point in all of that: Shit happen when you break the first rule of Fight Club...

Question: Who please is so stupid and invite the police chief to a planning talking for a Bank robbery? :huh::lol:

But not matter because I stepped already back as Moderator and with my stuff inside of Game  ;) 

3DXChat is a GAME and a 3DXChat Moderator is the punching Ball for all and everyone...

This is it not worth for nothing or for a Game.

Good Luck Community to find another punching Ball :P

We are in 21th Century because we allow legal purchased digital content like MP3, AAC etc ;)

No one of the DJ's need spin with CD's or Vinyl's :)

Except you are saying subscribed content from CU is illegal, which is clearly wrong. You are stuck with the mindset that tracks need to acquired individually for it to be used for DJing. Even though it has been clearly shown that CU was built to circumvent this issue. And that is the reason why CU is still strong and Beatport going out of business. ;)

dont let the fucksticks ruin the game for you. You have done alot for this community  and the game. Now i see why this forum loses mods. Ty for everything and im sure i am not the only one who feels this way

Question: Who please is so stupid and invite the police chief to a planning talking for a Bank robbery? :huh::lol:

But not matter because I stepped already back as Moderator and with my stuff inside of Game  ;)

3DXChat is a GAME and a 3DXChat Moderator is the punching Ball for all and everyone...

This is it not worth for nothing or for a Game.

Good Luck Community to find another punching Ball :P